**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

The Failure of Paragon?

DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,875 ★★★★★
With 8.2 coming soon, the arrival for the first r5 6*s, and then 7*s around the corner, I can’t help but think a new progression title will soon arrive.

Everyone, or most, strived for paragon, it was the *new* thing to achieve, was there a forced rush? Maybe not, but anything that is new, everyone wants it.

However, is Paragon all that? Apart from upgraded free and daily crystals, what else is there? The offers for paragon could be an argument, but that benefits Kabam just as much as us.

I can’t help but feel if anything, Paragon should give more than what it does, how about:

A Crystal that includes no 3* champs in?

80 energy instead of 70?

An upgraded solo event Crystal?

Access to purchase arena boost crystals?

There are a whole host of things that could be awarded for reaching such title, as comparing it to Thronebreaker, there really isn’t much at all.

What’s everyone’s thoughts? Could we have more? Also more importantly, will the next progression title be worth striving for, as we have experienced the lacklustre of Paragon?

This is just opinions, agree or disagree, let’s keep it civil.

Comments

• Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,669 Guardian
    Kabam is making a side quest you have to be paragon for soon
  • Options
    TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    I think a big question worth asking is whether 7r2 requires a premium resource that 6r5 doesn’t. If it’s like 5r5 and 6r2, where the premium resources match, having a number of champs at that level raises priority questions.
  • Options
    TyEdge said:

I think a big question worth asking is whether 7r2 requires a premium resource that 6r5 doesn’t. If it’s like 5r5 and 6r2, where the premium resources match, having a number of champs at that level raises priority questions.

Pretty sure it was simula who asked the devs and this is what they said it would be.

• Options
    StellarStellar Posts: 1,069 ★★★★
    New Tittle will probably arrive for those with 2 7 stars Rank 2. it should take quite some time, at least 3month for that
  • Options
    JinxesaxeJinxesaxe Posts: 395 ★★★
    Pikolu said:

Wait really? Where’d you hear that? You’ve got me excited now!!

There was also the addition of the 25% (I think?) T6CC crystal this month for exploring TBEQ.

While yes, Paragon should have things like a section in the SQ + SQ stores, and a better version of the Black Iso Store for sigil subscribers, I think we’ve seen decent development over the past couple months.

I don’t know how I feel about Paragon crystals, not because I think they’re necessary BAD, but because I’m worried how they’ll function. I’d love to see them implemented, but I don’t know when we’ll see them as purchasable side quest crystals. I don’t buy Cavaliers, so all of my Cavs come from the free SQ shards.

Will we see a new login calendar for them? Will they be available through side quest? How much will they cost unit wise (200-300 from basic to featured? Or will it see an increase like the base 7* crystal)?

These are all questions I have. While yes, there are some things that I need more info on, and might need new developments, Kabam is making progress on these issues. Slowly but surely.

Jinx
  • Options
    H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,879 Guardian

Pikolu said:

TyEdge said:

Pretty sure it was simula who asked the devs and this is what they said it would be.

Unless T6CC start becoming 1000x more available, we aren't likely to see an R2 unless you're an Uber whale.
    Challenge accepted.
  • Options
    Pikolu said:

TyEdge said:

Thanks for this. So that does show the same resources required in different amounts. Let’s say they use the 3-champ benchmark again. That means you’ve gotta burn 3+3 in two classes and complete EOP. If you opted to go the 7-star route it’d be 4+4+EoP.

I think we’ll get another volume of Carina to help max out 6-stars before we see another progression title.
  • Options
    SyndicatedSyndicated Posts: 574 ★★★

With 8.2 coming soon, the arrival for the first r5 6*s, and then 7*s around the corner, I can’t help but think a new progression title will soon arrive.

Everyone, or most, strived for paragon, it was the *new* thing to achieve, was there a forced rush? Maybe not, but anything that is new, everyone wants it.

However, is Paragon all that? Apart from upgraded free and daily crystals, what else is there? The offers for paragon could be an argument, but that benefits Kabam just as much as us.

I can’t help but feel if anything, Paragon should give more than what it does, how about:

A Crystal that includes no 3* champs in?

80 energy instead of 70?

An upgraded solo event Crystal?

Access to purchase arena boost crystals?

There are a whole host of things that could be awarded for reaching such title, as comparing it to Thronebreaker, there really isn’t much at all.

What’s everyone’s thoughts? Could we have more? Also more importantly, will the next progression title be worth striving for, as we have experienced the lacklustre of Paragon?

This is just opinions, agree or disagree, let’s keep it civil.

We Will get Paragon Crystal soon.

Energy depends on level, not progresión.

Maybe soon.

Arena Boost You Will get with individual shards(that green 10k shards Crystals in special tab)
  • Options
    Jinxesaxe said:

Pikolu said:

Second to last paragraph

• Options
    ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,534 ★★★★★
    I'm good. Absolutely overloaded with t5cc now.
  • Options
    Thanks to BGs, it’s more rewarding than ever to have a deep roster. It takes 6 t6b and t3a to take an existing r4 to r5. You could also get two r3 champs to r4 with those same catalysts. I think the steep price and small marginal benefit will help summoners be comfortable taking more champs to r4 and keeping r5 champs rare except at the most competitive edge of the game.
  • Options
    JinxesaxeJinxesaxe Posts: 395 ★★★
    Pikolu said:

Jinxesaxe said:

Pikolu said:

Second to last paragraph

That’s hype! Super exciting! Thank you!

Jinx
  • Options
    Rick_1Rick_1 Posts: 62
    Cav crystals were pretty exciting as a cavalier, I was disappointed as a thronebreaker they weren’t updated for the new progression level and as a paragon I realised it was a waste of time pushing for paragon.
  • Options
    MidnightfoxMidnightfox Posts: 1,094 ★★★
    Also paragon crystal is coming per live stream with nothing but 4 star and above. I usually don’t defend kabam but it was announced.
  • Options
    Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,919 ★★★★★
    Pikolu said:

TyEdge said:

With the current pool, there's basically zero incentive to r2 a 7* any time soon.
  • Options
    I dont think Paragon was a failure. Folks are expecting wayyy too much. What we got was quite good.