Spent real money to buy baubles and Bundle 1 gets repealed immediately

Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Member Posts: 2,421 ★★★★
Are Kabam going to do anything with regards to ACTUAL currency spent on these bauble/unit offers? Had it not been for offer 1, I would not have bought it. Or do I just have to suck it up with my newfound units and 1* Deadpool?

Comments

• asismanasisman Member Posts: 16
    For people who spent money to specifically buy the cursed bundle, how could Kabam make this right for us? This is supposed to be a hype event to butter us up before 7* and of course there is a signature Kabam screwup. I'm hesitant to refund even though it's perfectly valid because I know Kabam will punish me if I do.

I better see 7* Batman in my inbox by tomorrow
    Btw I don't even care about the rollback. I got like 20 useless 6* anyway. It's more about the bait and switch.
  • _DarthPikachu__DarthPikachu_ Member Posts: 14
    If they add the same offer back it would get rid of 80% of the issues atleast.. then youll just have the paragon people mad they cant buy the better thronebreaker deal lol
  • Darth_StewieDarth_Stewie Member Posts: 390 ★★★
    Looks like I'm not spending any money on this. This was the only bundle I was going to spend money on. Who knows what else they'll take away
  • TheDragonLord1373TheDragonLord1373 Member Posts: 13
    Kabam Jax said:

We're still discussing how we intend to handle the situation for accounts that bought unit deals specifically for the erroneous bundle. We're hoping to have more information soon.

Thank you for continually relaying info to us, it really is much appreciated during times of panic like this.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Member Posts: 7,406 ★★★★★
    What bundle are you talking about? Was this only for TB players (I am Paragon)?

TB got 10k 6* shards for 16k event currency and you could buy it 20 times
  • TheDragonLord1373TheDragonLord1373 Member Posts: 13

Yeah it was a bundle for TB players that was supposed to be 1k 6* shards but ended up being 10k due to an error. Bundle is removed now
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Member Posts: 7,406 ★★★★★

Yeah it was a bundle for TB players that was supposed to be 1k 6* shards but ended up being 10k due to an error. Bundle is removed now
    Thanks.
  • OdachiOdachi Member Posts: 1,110 ★★★★
    I'm paragon with 179 6* champs (info from incursions, didn't count them). Yes 10 6* champs would be nice, but how many 6* crystals have I opened? Probably over 300.

I say just let the bug benefit the player, yes cavs and other paragons will disagree but if I see 24 beers in the shop for the price of just one and the self checkout lets me buy it, I don't see anyone chasing me down the street to take 23 of them back. Sometimes the little guy deserves a break.
  • Josh2507Josh2507 Member Posts: 706 ★★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

We're still discussing how we intend to handle the situation for accounts that bought unit deals specifically for the erroneous bundle. We're hoping to have more information soon.

So… one rule for spenders

And the rest of us get treated how?
  • StarSmasher2001StarSmasher2001 Member Posts: 234 ★★
    Odachi said:

I'm paragon with 179 6* champs (info from incursions, didn't count them). Yes 10 6* champs would be nice, but how many 6* crystals have I opened? Probably over 300.

I say just let the bug benefit the player, yes cavs and other paragons will disagree but if I see 24 beers in the shop for the price of just one and the self checkout lets me buy it, I don't see anyone chasing me down the street to take 23 of them back. Sometimes the little guy deserves a break.

Me who just got Paragon like 2 days ago specifically because I believed the Paragon offers would be better than anything TB had
  • rockykostonrockykoston Member Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    Josh2507 said:

Kabam Jax said:

So… one rule for spenders

And the rest of us get treated how?
    Spenders have to be handled separately because of real cash involved and other bunch of legal implications.

I dont think anything will change for people who did not spend on this offer.
  • OmedennOmedenn Member Posts: 890 ★★★
    Mate, I wished I wouldn’t have spent my stuff on the deals then. I am also trying to reach 60k 7* shards and am currently 4K away so I would also rather have 20 6* crystals
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,767 ★★★★★
    Pikolu said:

If you don't use anything you got from the money you bought, then you can go to support and request a refund and they might give you one. If you're going to request a refund, then under no condition should you spend the baubles because if you do, then you guarantee that you wont get a refund.

^^^^^^
    This. DO NOT go to Apple or Google for a refund.
  • Chief_RedBeardChief_RedBeard Member Posts: 20
    I hope this includes money spent on the platinum track and not just unit deals. I bought the plat track solely for bundle 1, but then it was gone.
  • Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Member Posts: 2,421 ★★★★
    I appreciate the helpful advice from you all! I only actually spent $10, which I’m comfortable with, and not going to seek a refund on since I ended up using the baubles anyways and getting lucky on some nexus cavs.

However I’m sure there have got to be people who spent a lot more than I did, and this must be incredibly frustrating for them.
  • BeastDadBeastDad Member Posts: 1,778 ★★★★★
    Ideally, you would just turn a certain amount of these on for Paragon and Thronebreakers players and allow people to buy them. I don't think it would hurt the game economy, and people wouldn't feel like they were cheated.
  • OmedennOmedenn Member Posts: 890 ★★★
    It’s like they attract negativity or something. Nothing goes right and even a kind of nice event is bad from the start. Wrong drop rates, this fiasco..
  • DR89DR89 Member Posts: 5
    A few years back there was this side quest with multiple lanes. On release you could go on the same path multiple times and get the reward multiple times. Like now, it looked like a mistake on their side, but me and many people collected the rewards multiple times. I remember getting 40 sig stones. I then got the sigs reverted, the bug was fixed and I was banned for 1 week for "exploiting" the game. I wonder what the solution will be in this extremely similar situation.
  • Kabam JaxKabam Jax Member, Moderator Posts: 1,718
    Hello Summoners:

The game team has had their head down all day working to resolve this situation. For more details, check this post!

They have also decided the following:

We will work to provide refunds to anyone who purchased unit deals with the intention of buying this deal as advertised, only to have the deal removed before making the purchase. This will only be considered if you have not spent any of the items from your purchase. Please file a ticket with our support team.
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Member Posts: 2,883 ★★★★★
    The offer was live for 48 minutes, did most of you here only see it at 47 minutes in, buy the units and then it suddenly went? Surely that didn’t happen to everyone.

If you got the units immediately you had a solid 40+ minutes to go buy it while it was live…
  • BeastDadBeastDad Member Posts: 1,778 ★★★★★
    Would have loved to have been TB for about 20 minutes when this launched, could have made my day.