Update: Erroneous 'Bundle 1' for Thronebreakers in GWBB

1234568»

Comments

• LokxLokx Member Posts: 1,240 ★★★★

Lokx said:

Despite most players (from what I have seen) not liking this announcement, I think the backlash isn't enough to do anything. Kabam has likely already calculated the expected amount of player base indignation and unless the feedback is overwhelmingly negative, nothing will happen. There is nothing to be done here, and if we are honest with ourselves, KABAM will do nothing.

I thought about this and it’s still a bit complicated to just say they should fix it. There is a lot of factor that goes in to it

For starters, how does kabam make up for this mistake?

They can’t just take back champs because that will be too time consuming as you will have to worry about rank up materials, iso, sigs, gems and ect that went into those champs after the pull. Although the number of people who got it are small relative to the entire playerbase (i.e 5k is 5% of 100k player base) its still gonna be a large number for the team at kabam to handle straight away. If it was a bug that players intentionally exploited then it would be easy to penalise players by not giving the resources they put into a champ back as they broke the rules, however this cannot be classified as a intentional exploit therefor the summoners who bought the bundle are not at fault and should be refunded if they choose to take back the champs.

How about compensation for other players?

What will be the compensation is a tricky question because they obviously don’t want to give 20 6* crystal to everyone as although 7* are coming 6* will still have a relevant foot hold for this year as the resources for 7* are scarce, the pool of the 7* is 13% of the total playable characters so building a roaster is still far off, finally the release of a 7* will still be weaker then a 6* r4 and 6* r5 so simply giving one of their most valuable resources away to everyone would still cause a lot of issues for the games balance. Also what about those who bought the bundle with the free to play currency, at most they would of gotten 4 6* crystals, also those who bought one but decided they wont buy anymore till the end of the event to so that they can gather all the baubles and make a informed decision. If everyone who bought the bundle like this and then see everyone else get 20 it would be extremely unfair for them as well but kabam can’t get to all of them and make it up by giving them crystals for every one they didn’t as again it will be time consuming. You could lower the compensation amount but that would still bring outrage from players who still think its not a fair balance. You could give a abyss but that would still have people who bought the bundle once and pulled a bad champ angry, a champion selector essentially means go take whatever champ you want such as herc. No matter what you do there will be someone complaining so a compensation fix won’t make the situation just magically go away.

Game In balance?

As i mentioned the people who bought the bundle would not all have bought 20 off the bat, it was opened for 40 min and there are alot of non spenders as well as those who would probably only spent enough to get 10 or those who bought one or two and wanted to wait till later before spending their baubles. Also there is a rng to this game, people would not have gotten all their champs to be god tier champs as someone out their could of gotten both cyclops and other pulls that may have extremely niche uses but are also overshadowed by other champs. The factors within this is too random so creating fear that every thornbreaker you run into in war or battleground will be jacked up due to this bug is playing on paranoia and causing unnecessary panic. Yes i acknowledge you will probably hear stories of you alliance mate or someone on global gloat about their great pull but thats a situation in which unfortunately you just have to move on from, i was pretty jealous to see someone get herc but it is what it is.

As for what this means for the future, i think people stating that this means its a green light for them to exploit obvious bugs in the future need to remember this wasn’t a intentional exploit, it was a mistake on kabam part and they should try prevent this mistake in the future by announcing the bundles in a forum post a day before the release to make sure the summoners know whats in a bundle so they can have a valid reason to penalise a player.
    You have made some cogent arguments and I don't mean for this response to be pejorative. While I understand that you think some people will be upset over inadequate compensation, there really is no argument to be made against action. Regardless of any decision KABAM makes, there will always be some upset players, who may or may not be justified. You state that it is difficult for KABAM to track down even this "small" portion of the players in a small amount of time, but that is irrelevant. Even if I were to accept your postulation, KABAM does not need to do this in a small amount of time. Furthermore, KABAM has also managed to track down players with illicitly obtained resources pretty efficiently. Another important thing to note is that even if it were a F2P player who obtained 7 6* characters, it would be around 100k baubles, whereas something like an Abyss Nexus is 550k baubles. Keeping in mind the fact that the 7 6*s have been obtained via a bug, something like an Abyss Nexus selector is a more than generous compensation, albeit nowhere near 20 6*s.
    Thats fair, i don’t think giving a abyss selector is entirely terrible idea. I would suggest a abyss for paragons and Thornbreakers and then class nexus for cavs. But thats just my thoughts
  • Unknown_playerUnknown_player Member Posts: 15
    Lokx said:

Lokx said:

Thats fair, i don’t think giving a abyss selector is entirely terrible idea. I would suggest a abyss for paragons and Thornbreakers and then class nexus for cavs. But thats just my thoughts

I think that's fair.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,498 ★★★★★
    That's the problem. People aren't owed something because a glitch gave an erroneous amount out.