**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Spot or Torch

CsuttonCsutton Posts: 186 ★★
Looking to r4 a science champ.
Spot is sig 100
Torch unawakened
… and have Overseer at sig 80

(plenty of sig stones available for whichever one I r4)

Comments

• Options
    XFREEDOMXXFREEDOMX Posts: 510 ★★★
    Spot
  • Options
    Spot
  • Options
    darkMeliodasdarkMeliodas Posts: 38
    I love spot so much
  • Options
    Dang. Really thought it’d be more mixed lol. I’m liking Spot too!
  • Options
    KnightOfTheRealmKnightOfTheRealm Posts: 913 ★★★
    Spot, torch is kinda eh outside of mystics and energy champs and prefight is one time use.
  • Options
    Elite13Elite13 Posts: 184
    Everyone seems to love Spot so much, I only have a 3* of him, so I haven't ever tried him out. I personally LOVE Human Torch, that's who I would do. He's such a great cheese for mystics, or really any class. As long as they can burn, Torch can torch :)
  • Options
    FrostGiantLordFrostGiantLord Posts: 1,816 ★★★★
    Spot is overhyped. Torch, on the other hand, can burn through opponents with his lava flame, is guaranteed to win against all mystics, and is just an all around great champ.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,370 ★★★★★
    Spot, but be prepared to need Sigs. Torch is nice to have extra Nova for sure, but the overall benefit is better for Spot.
  • Options
    NEXTONNEXTON Posts: 594 ★★★
    Spot all day. Ive just rank 5ed him, sig 200. My all time favorite champion!
  • Options
    NEXTONNEXTON Posts: 594 ★★★

Spot is overhyped. Torch, on the other hand, can burn through opponents with his lava flame, is guaranteed to win against all mystics, and is just an all around great champ.

How is he overhyped? Lol
  • Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 5,014 ★★★★★

Spot, torch is kinda eh outside of mystics and energy champs and prefight is one time use.

It's not a one time use. The higher the sig the higher chance you have of being able to use it more than once. Just today alone I used it 3 times in one quest.
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,643 ★★★★★
    I just pulled Spot from the featured crystal. Is his awakened ability worth a science gem? If so, what sig level does he need?
  • Options
    SammyDeSammyDe Posts: 968 ★★★
    Torch for me, Spot for you. I don’t have the skill to play Spot…
  • Options

I just pulled Spot from the featured crystal. Is his awakened ability worth a science gem? If so, what sig level does he need?

It’s a big part of his burst damage. I guess it’s not needed to play him but damage will be much less
  • Options
    13579rebel_13579rebel_ Posts: 2,520 ★★★★★
    Spot since you have sigs
    Not a torch fan
  • Options
    Emilia90Emilia90 Posts: 2,332 ★★★★★

Mcoc players try not to call literally any champ overhyped challenge. Both are great and definitely not overhyped. They can tear through battlegrounds and mystics equally well and one can deal with champs that aren’t mystics or energy based champs better
  • Options

Hmm I struggle to understand the hype of spot. I've seen he can d9 some great damage, but outside of that what is he great for aside from maybe blocking unblockable specials or something? Torch for me was super helpful for story content in act 7 and above.

Not to say that anyone is wrong of course, I just don't see the huge appeal of spot, but I suppose I usually weigh utility pretty heavily.

Check out some gameplay from Nick136
  • Options
    Khellendros138Khellendros138 Posts: 551 ★★★
    Emilia90 said:

Hmm I struggle to understand the hype of spot. I've seen he can d9 some great damage, but outside of that what is he great for aside from maybe blocking unblockable specials or something? Torch for me was super helpful for story content in act 7 and above.

Not to say that anyone is wrong of course, I just don't see the huge appeal of spot, but I suppose I usually weigh utility pretty heavily.

I will. I have a spot unranked at the moment so it would be cool to have an excuse to take him up cause he is unique and seems fun. Like I said I just saw a lack of utility and no immunities ya know.
  • Options

Well then… this morning didn’t help my decision making lol. Now both Spot and Torch are awakened
  • Options
    Poopdigs6Poopdigs6 Posts: 46
    spot are you kidding? spot all the way, uggghhh, i love that guy
  • Options

Emilia90 said:

I will. I have a spot unranked at the moment so it would be cool to have an excuse to take him up cause he is unique and seems fun. Like I said I just saw a lack of utility and no immunities ya know.
    The ability to make the opponent miss so reliably is actually pretty good and can help you counter a lot of stuff. He can also kill pretty much anything in just one sp2 coupled with the great block proficiency he gets so I think he’s a very reliable champ. Torch is great too though and I would say that he does handle mystics like Mephisto more reliably.
  • Options
    I’m thinking I r4 spot now and after I get the rest of Bundle 1 I’ll take torch or galan up to r4
  • Options
    SuelGamesSuelGames Posts: 947 ★★★
    XFREEDOMX said:

Spot

Why? I just pulled him but still havent used.

Aside from being an annoying defender, what makes him so good offensively?
  • Options
    Sidd777Sidd777 Posts: 167
    Torch is better imo, but spot is so much fun to play
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,533 ★★★★★
    SuelGames said:

XFREEDOMX said:

Spot

Why? I just pulled him but still havent used.

Aside from being an annoying defender, what makes him so good offensively?
    If you 'charge him up' by getting the opponent to hit your portal block, you can do some seriously insane burst damage with Specials. Watch some videos by Nick136 or Karatemike.
    https://youtu.be/SNShHGjYlBc
  • Options
    Ironside47Ironside47 Posts: 469 ★★★
    Sidd777 said:

Torch is better imo, but spot is so much fun to play

Which, in my opinion, should be on important part of the decision. My advice, is to spend some time playing with each champion, and see which one you prefer. It's got to be fun after all.
  • Options
    Ok, everyone says spot is overhyped, and even I thought he was overhyped, then I got him and started using him, and imo he is one of the best champs in the game. Nothing against torch because he is rly good too, but if I had to choose I would def go with spot.
  • Options
    TrillibossTrilliboss Posts: 266 ★★★
    dude