**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Servers down [Merged Threads]

Comments

• EggyEggy Posts: 6
    The simple thing is, instead of having people constantly trying to log on...which won’t help if it’s a server capacity issue..is to communicate.

**** happens, I get that. How you handle it is what matters more. If they’d said this morning it may be 6-8 hours before we’re up again at least people know where they are at.

This silence is amateur.
  • So this is interesting... just finished slaying a Black Panther in an alliance quest and due to connection issues (not my connection cause all other apps are working just fine with the internet) it didn’t record the win and sent me packing. Imagine my surprise when I go back into the game and see that the my opponent is back to full health, but my DD still has half of his strength reduced... Seriously Kabam, fix your goddam server issues or re-program the game so that these glitches stop happening. It’s the 5th time this year that I’m having similar issues... get yourselves together, please. It’s embarassing...
  • Bmf420Bmf420 Posts: 161
    The game is working for some people and isn't for others. There's no way for them to differentiate between the two.Also it says clearly in the op to REMOVE PENALTY.
  • @DNA3000

Maybe my post wasn't clear enough. What I mean is that rosters are expanding so quickly that an arena round is no longer playing 10 or 15 or 20 rounds with our champs and coming back later for next round. Now so many people, myself included, have rosters so large we can start next round as soon as the current round ends because it takes 2 hours to get through whole roster.

A few months ago I was doing 2.1 mil in feature arena and 1.7 in basic. Now I have no problem cranking out double that and if game was stable maybe triple. That means I play twice (or more) as long as I did just a couple months ago. If everyone is playing twice as long that means more people in-game at any given time.

Also, people leaving game due to the bugs and server outages do decrease the load on the servers. However, since new players can advance much more quickly than ever before in the history of this game that means new players are in-game far longer than they used to be at any given time.

I have seen a huge increase in the time my alliance mates spend in-game due to being able to grind max shards from feature 4* arena while chasing champs in the 4* basic arena. A couple months ago these people were doing 1.6 mil in basic only. Granted this is a small sample size, but I don't think it's limited to my alliance.
  • SMiller80SMiller80 Posts: 230 ★★
    I hope you realize that half hour timers do not even begin to make up for this debacle. A million points in arena lost, questing not being completed, can't even do Modok's lab...on and on it goes. That arena time alone will cost me hundreds of 4 and 5 star shards, units, battle chips....you do know that a 20% boost of 0 is still 0, right?
  • NDK13NDK13 Posts: 620 ★★
    edited December 2017
    So as the tile says lets give some help to Kabam and point them in the right direction. Lets have them stop using hamsters and show them how amazing the AWS is cause with the revenue they're generating surely deploying better cloud services would reducing server maintenance.
  • FingfangfoomfanesFingfangfoomfanes Posts: 1,102 ★★★
    Cassy wrote: »
    Its periodic now, Thats the game is down.
    Rank up Token 5* r5 now

I agree with the five star rank up gem for all. even just r3 to r4..
  • SMiller80SMiller80 Posts: 230 ★★
    I hope you realize that half hour timers do not even begin to make up for this debacle. A million points in arena lost, questing not being completed, can't even do Modok's lab...on and on it goes. That arena time alone will cost me hundreds of 4 and 5 star shards, units, battle chips....you do know that a 20% boost of 0 is still 0, right?
  • Bmf420Bmf420 Posts: 161
    I would like to see them get rid of the black connection issues bar though. Just a small exclamation point is needed.
  • tonyj007tonyj007 Posts: 276
    3 Year Anniversary, it would good if we can log on to play.. i can't find a clean words to say how bad it really is. mad sad disappointed.
  • PalanthraxPalanthrax Posts: 918 ★★★★
    edited December 2017
    Gmonkey wrote: »
    Do you host your own infrastructure or is it in the cloud AWS GCP or Azure?
    Are the issues capacity or application related?

Based on job postings looks like you run on windows.
    https://stackoverflow.com/jobs/43239/senior-windows-infrastructure-administrator-kabam

That was a good find, that article tells us a lot:
    5+ years of SENIOR LEVEL EXPERIENCE administering enterprise class environments.
    Experience in maintenance and monitoring of highly available and scalable system infrastructure.
    Detailed knowledge of Windows 2003/2008 operating systems including advanced troubleshooting.

If they're using operating systems that outdated, no wonder we're in the mess we are now. If the hardware is as old as the software, especially the storage, then it's time for a serious re-think.
  • the6ththe6th Posts: 153
    So you're saying that when there's a bug and A.i is whipping your champ's *ss you'll do nothing because it's fine? Wow! You're a saint dude :lol:
  • Donn1Donn1 Posts: 48
    Yeah but if you read my post, there is an 'UNLESS' that goes with that. Ignore the 'remove penalty' bit in the title, i was purely keeping it short.

They know when it's their server or not, it doesn't matter if it's only affecting certain players, it's still their fault, not the players.
  • AhitlawAhitlaw Posts: 2,123 ★★★★
    Thank you Kabam. :)
  • Jac094Jac094 Posts: 198
    Wait half an our and it will crash again
  • I just opened this topic to know the opinion of the players
  • BinawayawhileBinawayawhile Posts: 287
    Managed to complete all difficulties in the lab, time to sleep
  • NDK13NDK13 Posts: 620 ★★
    Holy Satan no wonder their service is ****. Even when the game is up its not worth playing. I've lost 8 items in AQ today just for playing the game. Good jobs idiots.
  • gahrlinggahrling Posts: 199
    Game is back up but I'm getting some really horrible lag, so much so that the game doesn't recognise the last hit of a 5 hit combo and the character just stands still. I hope it's better for other people.
  • Dave_the_destroyerDave_the_destroyer Posts: 981 ★★
    @Eggy so you saw their message, and it doesnt state when it will be fixed (because they dont know that) but you also want them to send new messages every hour or so saying "still not working"? How is that effective communication

There is a full-proof way to know if it is fixed I find. Try to login, if device says no, then its not fixed yet
  • Zach72zZach72z Posts: 8
    edited December 2017
    Idk
  • shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    Thanks, now it makes alot of sense...
    anyone happen to also come across the qualification they are looking for, when they are hiring their Moderators and their Customer Support personnel? ... just curious
    Threads are made for discussions and sharing some issues to be solved. I think nothing's wrong when you complain about certain issues such bugs and glitch stuff to get help and this is waay diff from those who ask compensations,whining because they pulled a garbage from a crystal (nonsense) etc.
    Critical hits not triggering as often as they should? Just wondering I've tested my hulk about 5 fights and he's hitting even close to what he was.
    ViciousJ wrote: »
    Don’t know man ..just ungrateful people that have spent money on this game and with only few issues like parry doesn’t work , dexterity doesn’t work, blocking doesn’t work , lag issues , frequent game crashing they decide to complain

You mentioned the fundamentals of the game there, yes that's few but when those things didnt work well then the game is busted! Parry not working? Block not working? You'll do nothing about that?
    Complaining and wanting game to work properly,understood. DEMANDING compensation and feeling you are entitled to something that you are not is just petty.
  • charaderdude2charaderdude2 Posts: 1,530 ★★★
    edited December 2017
    I wanted to understand why marvel tournament players are so choroes complain about everything and all time

So you made a thread complaining about people complaining? That makes total sense.

Complain-ception,as some meme referencers,such as myself,Would like to put it.
This discussion has been closed.