Options

We need to talk about docks urgently

2»

Comments

• Options
    Rebark said:

It seems that people here have a huge difficulty understanding what I'm saying, so I'll explain for the last time: I'm not defending cheating, I don't pay to make my events, I don't pay to make my arenas, I make each event myself on my account with my own effort.
    For me it was a permanent ban on all accounts that crossed IP with the merc you are piloting.
    That said: Docking two or three master alliances because someone piloted it wrong just keeps the injustice going on. Of the 30 alliances that fight for master, there are at least 20 full of pilots.
    I don't know who the hell is piloting or doing anything wrong, I'm not an officer. I'm playing my game honestly, I do subs, sometimes I even boss. The question here is to find a way to end this. It's tiring. Kabam bans cheaters for 1 week and they come back in the following season. I'm advocating that the player being piloted should be permanently banned and all accounts he entered should be banned too, it's that simple.
    About the alliances I play: I'm Brazilian and here in Brazil we don't use Line. This leaves only two alliance options for me. I was going to play at NEXT this season, if I had gone, I would have taken the dock too. I have no interest in being benefited by cheaters, I don't need it, I just want stricter punishments or methods that eliminate this practice once and for all. Harming all people who play honestly with Dock to give a week ban on who was being piloted is simply unfair.
    Okay, you think you should really punish the whole alliance. But do you disagree that bans should be permanent or for at least a few months?

it is unfortunate that innocent players may get docked with the ally. I do agree anyone who pilots, as well as their clients, should be nuked out of the game.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,159 ★★★★★
    OGAvenger said:

Just like you said 80% of top alliances have some sort of piloting happen, 80% of these comments don’t understand what the OP is saying…

Let’s assume (cause we don’t know 100%) OP plays completely legit. He busts his butt for a whole AW season and at the end is ecstatic his ally ended in Masters. Woohoo!!! Then he finds out some goof in the ally was piloting and the ally gets docked to silver rewards. Big oof. He just killed a whole season of tier 1 AW to end with silver rewards….yikes

He doesn’t condone cheating. He’s just tired of getting docked for 1 bad apple screwing it up for the whole ally. Plus he’s saying Kabams current solution is to ban for a short time. Well that cheater gets a ban and then is back in time for next season and does it all over again.

I get the frustration on both ends. It’s hard to justify an ally taking a Masters spot when they had a cheater on board…knowingly or unknowingly. On the other side it sucks for people smashing it legitimately and ending up getting docked.

But it is quite funny how many aren’t understanding what OP is saying

OP said themselves they believe there is "good piloting" and "bad piloting"-

• Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,755 Guardian
    Rebark said:

Okay, you think you should really punish the whole alliance. But do you disagree that bans should be permanent or for at least a few months?

I personally would ban much more harshly than Kabam typically does, but bans do escalate. No one to my knowledge gets banned for a week, comes back, and then does it all over again. Repeat offenders get banned for escalating terms, and those terms generally escalate to permanent bans after three offenses. Blatant offenses can in some cases draw permanent bans immediately. But no one gets banned over and over for a week. If anyone knows of such a person, I would really like to know who it is. So I can get someone to fix that.
  • Options
    OGAvengerOGAvenger Posts: 1,113 ★★★★★

OGAvenger said:

Just like you said 80% of top alliances have some sort of piloting happen, 80% of these comments don’t understand what the OP is saying…

Let’s assume (cause we don’t know 100%) OP plays completely legit. He busts his butt for a whole AW season and at the end is ecstatic his ally ended in Masters. Woohoo!!! Then he finds out some goof in the ally was piloting and the ally gets docked to silver rewards. Big oof. He just killed a whole season of tier 1 AW to end with silver rewards….yikes

He doesn’t condone cheating. He’s just tired of getting docked for 1 bad apple screwing it up for the whole ally. Plus he’s saying Kabams current solution is to ban for a short time. Well that cheater gets a ban and then is back in time for next season and does it all over again.

I get the frustration on both ends. It’s hard to justify an ally taking a Masters spot when they had a cheater on board…knowingly or unknowingly. On the other side it sucks for people smashing it legitimately and ending up getting docked.

Think he meant that there is a good way piloting to not get caught and a bad way of piloting that leads to getting caught. Not that he thinks some piloting is good and some is bad. Could be wrong though.
  • Options
    Thoye3Thoye3 Posts: 96
    Most people know what Alliances get docked frequently. If you knowingly join an alliance that has been docked several times than you get what you deserve in my opinion. None of the alliances docked out of masters this season are first time offenders.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,159 ★★★★★
    OGAvenger said:

OGAvenger said:

Think he meant that there is a good way piloting to not get caught and a bad way of piloting that leads to getting caught. Not that he thinks some piloting is good and some is bad. Could be wrong though.

Doubtful.
  • Options
    Mylo_ZylotoMylo_Zyloto Posts: 26
    “Kabam is doing nothing about cheaters! Bahhh so mad”

“Kabam is doing something about cheaters! Bahhh so mad”

Lol it’s a lose lose for Kabam.
  • Options
    altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,306 ★★★★
    OGAvenger said:

I didn't even know what Docking is until now, but it totally makes sense.

If a Legit player is in an Alliance that gets docked, the legit player is not being penalized - that alliance would not have achieved Masters without the cheating. A legit player that "busts his butt for a whole AW season" would have done the same at every AW level. Someone could bust their butt in Silver, and since their Alliance doesn't cheat, their Alliance only achieved maybe Gold level for example. So the legit player's effort isn't part of the calculus; it is the overall alliance.

If the player is totally legit, it is definitely bad luck that they have been in 3 straight alliances that got docked.
  • Options
    RebarkRebark Posts: 349 ★★★
    NearJr said:

Rebark said:

What is your solution? Ban the player but allow the alliance to keep the points unfairly earned and punish every other alliance who didn’t cheat instead?

80% of master alliances are cheating with piloting. Some are caught, some are not. But it is common knowledge.
    That's a wild generalization/accusation.

The fact remains, if you share your account, you deserve to get docked. If anyone else in your alliance shares their account, they deserve to get docked. If anyone in your alliance logs into the account of any other player, in any alliance, they deserve to get docked.

Rule is pretty straightforward: Don't cheat.

I love watching cheaters get docked. No "innocent" account gets wrongfully banned these days.

Don't cheat, simple.
    OGAvenger said:

Finally someone understood. I don't share and I've never shared an account, I've never been banned, I've been playing this for 7 years and it's never going to happen that someone plays AW for me.

That's the point. Dude takes a 1 week ban and is back. He either goes to another alliance or gets a month or two clean and does it again. Every season at least 2 master alliances are punished.
    A more effective way is needed to stop these people, because if the alliance wins by cheating, it makes other alliances that play honestly lose games and points throughout the season. Removing a point from an alliance that cheats does not return points to those who played honestly. It just doesn't make sense to punish at the end of the season, let a cheater do massive damage and then punish the other 29 members.
    In the end, the 29 members of the alliance that were clean are punished and all the alliances that faced the cheater's alliance are punished together for Kabam's lack of attitude.
  • Options
    OGAvengerOGAvenger Posts: 1,113 ★★★★★
    altavista said:

OGAvenger said:

I didn't even know what Docking is until now, but it totally makes sense.

If a Legit player is in an Alliance that gets docked, the legit player is not being penalized - that alliance would not have achieved Masters without the cheating. A legit player that "busts his butt for a whole AW season" would have done the same at every AW level. Someone could bust their butt in Silver, and since their Alliance doesn't cheat, their Alliance only achieved maybe Gold level for example. So the legit player's effort isn't part of the calculus; it is the overall alliance.

If the player is totally legit, it is definitely bad luck that they have been in 3 straight alliances that got docked.
    While I get what you’re saying, I gotta disagree. People at the top of AW are essentially playing a different game than the rest of us. In my opinion it’s impossible to say someone busting their butt in silver is similar to someone busting their butt in masters. They may both be crushing it, but one is essentially playing a totally different game
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,755 Guardian
    Rebark said:

That's the point. Dude takes a 1 week ban and is back. He either goes to another alliance or gets a month or two clean and does it again.

Again: I would really like someone to PM me the names of players who are getting one week bans, cooling off for a month, and then cheating again and getting another one week ban, over and over and over again. That is not supposed to happen, and if it is happening it is something I would definitely take up with the fair play team at Kabam. You're not supposed to get infinite chances so long as you only cheat every so often.

This is something I've seen alleged to happen, but I haven't seen specific evidence of it happening.
  • Options
    MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 4,155 ★★★★★
    Can we talk about this 80% are cheating thing? Is there anything to back that up? Are Kabam’s detection systems just lacking? This season 8 of the top 100 teams were docked.
  • Options
    GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★

Can we talk about this 80% are cheating thing? Is there anything to back that up? Are Kabam’s detection systems just lacking? This season 8 of the top 100 teams were docked.

You can’t 100% detect piloting by any mean.
    Yes at high AW tiers piloting holds strong, but telling it’s the 80% of the players involved is not realistic.
    The percentage might be high, but not that much for sure.
    And by telling high, we are talking for a percentage around 10%.
  • Options
    NearJrNearJr Posts: 147 ★★
    Greekhit said:

You can’t 100% detect piloting by any mean.
    Yes at high AW tiers piloting holds strong, but telling it’s the 80% of the players involved is not realistic.
    The percentage might be high, but not that much for sure.
    And by telling high, we are talking for a percentage around 10%.
    There are so many incorrect, unfounded statements on this post, my Lord
  • Options
    spigwenderspigwender Posts: 473 ★★★

I really like docks. They’re very relaxing.