Who to pick? 6* nexus!

Mknight123Mknight123 Member Posts: 278 ★★★

Hello people, I'm opening my war rewards and got this lovely nexus, I love playing bishop as a 5* and don't have much experience with hitmonkey who should I pick?
I have many good skill champs that I use and enjoy like my r3 jabari and my 5* nick, but I only have one mutant that's apoc so I was thinking maybe go bishop as I've only got 1 mutant that I use and it would balance out the classes!

Thanks!

Comments

• Shake_a_QuakeShake_a_Quake Member Posts: 462 ★★★
    Hit monkey, but try for bishop if you don't have good mutants.
  • Mknight123Mknight123 Member Posts: 278 ★★★
    Thanks @Shake_a_Quake and @Unio77 but I'm swaying more to bishop as I don't have many mutants, but I've heard hitmonkey is great for the grandmaster as he has got high crits, I still need to do the grandmaster fight so he would be ideal but I do love playing bishop as his high damage is just satisfying 😂 so it's a real difficult decision here.
  • BeastDadBeastDad Member Posts: 1,799 ★★★★★
    Monkey is the best overall.
  • Elite13Elite13 Member Posts: 184
    Hit Monkey was my first 5*, he got me to uncollected at rank 3 and 4, a 6* one will be a beast
  • JChanceH9JChanceH9 Member Posts: 852 ★★★
    I’ve got monkey bishop at r3. HM is a reliable nuke. Bishop can be a nuke, but I use him almost exclusively for BG defense and the special only nodes.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Member Posts: 5,870 ★★★★★

Alrighty well I appreciate the inputs! But I've taken bishop, I love using bishop and have never used hitmonkey so I went with my personal preference but I appreciate all the opinions!

Bishop was a good choice.

Huge damage, energy resistance, regeneration, passive stuns, punish Purify, Persistent Power meter...

He's an amazing all-round champion - I took mine to r4 before Apocalypse, because he's just more fun.

He can also parry champs with Cleanse, and literally parry Kingpin to death. Throw an SP1 and watch KP, Korg and Agent Venom disintegrate as they try to shrug the Incinerates off...

Ultimately though, your favourite champ is always the one to choose.
  • MasterAMasterA Member Posts: 578 ★★★
    Monke
    edited April 2023
    @Magrailothos cheers mate! I used to use him quite a bit when I got him as a 5* and never really knew his purposes or what he can do, I always find KP a real bugger to fight so good to know I've got a solid counter now! Most things you mentioned i had no idea he could do so it makes me feel a lot better about taking him! I appreciate the info 👍
  • LpooLpoo Member Posts: 2,215 ★★★★★
    Id take bishop, but monkey is great
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Member Posts: 5,870 ★★★★★
    edited April 2023

@Magrailothos cheers mate! I used to use him quite a bit when I got him as a 5* and never really knew his purposes or what he can do, I always find KP a real bugger to fight so good to know I've got a solid counter now! Most things you mentioned i had no idea he could do so it makes me feel a lot better about taking him! I appreciate the info 👍

You're welcome! He's amazing against Kingpin.

Every time the opponent shrugs a debuff, Bishop inflicts a burst of Energy damage.

Let's say you take yours to r2, and it's 2066 burst damage. Mines at r4, and it's 2805 damage.

Parry Kingpin*, and if he shrugs it off, he takes the 2066 damage (and he's still stunned, but it's a Passive stun now). But that's not all: he's got a Rage debuff now.

Parry Kingpin some more, and he'll take 2066 damage each time he shrugs the stun. And then when Kingpin hits eight debuffs, he'll shrug all of them at once... and he'll take 16,528 damage doing it.

Have fun 😉.

*insert name of irritating skill defender here... Agent Venom, Jabari panther, Mole Man, Misty Knight, Attuma, Hit-Monkey, Baron Zemo, Kate Bishop, Korg...

You're welcome! He's amazing against Kingpin.

Every time the opponent shrugs a debuff, Bishop inflicts a burst of Energy damage.

Let's say you take yours to r2, and it's 2066 burst damage. Mines at r4, and it's 2805 damage.

Parry Kingpin*, and if he shrugs it off, he takes the 2066 damage (and he's still stunned, but it's a Passive stun now). But that's not all: he's got a Rage debuff now.

Parry Kingpin some more, and he'll take 2066 damage each time he shrugs the stun. And then when Kingpin hits eight debuffs, he'll shrug all of them at once... and he'll take 16,528 damage doing it.

Have fun 😉.

*insert name of irritating skill defender here... Agent Venom, Jabari panther, Mole Man, Misty Knight, Attuma, Hit-Monkey, Baron Zemo, Kate Bishop, Korg...
    Awesome stuff mate! I took mine to r2 instantly yesterday and plan on taking him to r3! Loving playing him along with apoc, I also tested him out on a kingpin and was pretty amazed to be fair, never knew bishop was a great counter to shrug champs but now I'll use him more in those match-ups, again I appreciate the insight to bishops abilities! 👍