Options

Sooooo..

With 90% energy resistance... how is Nimrod destroying mutants still? Has to be modding, right? No way this stuff happens since he does nothing but ene

rgy damage?

Comments

• Options
    Elite13Elite13 Posts: 184
    Nimgod's a beast
  • Options
    Timmy2xsTimmy2xs Posts: 160
    So basically this node doesnt matter at all. Cool move, Kabam.
  • Options
    AnlyAnly Posts: 615 ★★
    Next time try bishop
  • Options
    CrusaderjrCrusaderjr Posts: 1,059 ★★★★
    thats like saying mags cant easily take out a tech b/c whatever a node says lol
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,699 Guardian

If node says armor break immune against a robot, then mags can't take them out.
  • Options
    CrusaderjrCrusaderjr Posts: 1,059 ★★★★
    Pikolu said:

lies, im pretty sure if the enemy is immune to bleed/armor breaks they will take energy dmg instantly instead of after
    when the debuff originally would have ended. (enhanced bleed debuff) i hope im not mistaken.
  • Options
    OmedennOmedenn Posts: 867 ★★★
    Love to see when people give away free wins! Warming up my heart.
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,699 Guardian

Pikolu said:

lies, im pretty sure if the enemy is immune to bleed/armor breaks they will take energy dmg instantly instead of after
    when the debuff originally would have ended. (enhanced bleed debuff) i hope im not mistaken.
    Have you tried dropping a pathetic sp3 on an armor break immune robot?
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

Pikolu said:

Nope. Nothing like that
  • Options

Okay so I just stumbled upon this thread and don't see a concrete answer here so here's why Nimrod still works:
    When the node says +90% energy resistance, it doesn't mean that it's 90% plus whatever energy resistance they have on their base. The math is their base energy resistance X 1,90. 90% Base energy resistance would mean a value of 18000.

What the game is doing instead is taking the energy resistance, say someone like Rintrah who has 30% or 965 as a flat value, and multiplying it by that 90% factor, which makes his energy resistance 1833,5, which translates to 47,5%. Since a lot of champions in the game don't have any base energy resistance, the node will multiply the flat value, which is 0, which in all cases results in 0 as well.

TL;DR: It doesn't add 90% on top of their pre existing energy resistance, it multiplies their base energy resistance with a factor of 90%, which for most champs is 0 X 1,90 = 0%.

That sounds like a bug. +90% shouldn't be doing that
  • Options
    Are the people on this thread for real? 90% energy resist means reducing the damage from nimrod shock by 90% . Means he has to do whatever he does 10 times to get the same result. 10 sp2s i stead of one. This is clearly a bug
  • Options
    DrWho3_14159DrWho3_14159 Posts: 2
    Soooooo I broke the 8.2 hulk boss lol https://youtu.be/tvNDEKA8J_c
  • Options
    ItsyaboyStephy05ItsyaboyStephy05 Posts: 128 ★★

Okay so I just stumbled upon this thread and don't see a concrete answer here so here's why Nimrod still works:
    When the node says +90% energy resistance, it doesn't mean that it's 90% plus whatever energy resistance they have on their base. The math is their base energy resistance X 1,90. 90% Base energy resistance would mean a value of 18000.

What the game is doing instead is taking the energy resistance, say someone like Rintrah who has 30% or 965 as a flat value, and multiplying it by that 90% factor, which makes his energy resistance 1833,5, which translates to 47,5%. Since a lot of champions in the game don't have any base energy resistance, the node will multiply the flat value, which is 0, which in all cases results in 0 as well.

TL;DR: It doesn't add 90% on top of their pre existing energy resistance, it multiplies their base energy resistance with a factor of 90%, which for most champs is 0 X 1,90 = 0%.

It does, that is also the reason why nodes like long distance relationship will never reduce your attack to 0. That's just the way the game was programmed.
  • Options

It does, that is also the reason why nodes like long distance relationship will never reduce your attack to 0. That's just the way the game was programmed.
    I understand about long distance. And even if it has cap , +90% should still be doing a lot.
  • Options
    IryseIryse Posts: 472 ★★★
    its high time Kabam should make a dictionary for these layman to understand the basics of terms
  • Options

I understand about long distance. And even if it has cap , +90% should still be doing a lot.
    I know it seems weird, but the game has worked like this from day one.

This is a screenshot from 2014, Juggernaut here gets a 30% fury. They changed this in 12.0 to show flat values as to make the math behind stats, buffs, debuffs and nodes more clear. The way energy resistance works here is pretty much identical. The node merely states a percentage because the node can't have a pre determined flat value, since each champ has a unique energy resistance stat. I understand that this seems extremely strange, but it's just the way the game has been since day 1.
  • Options

This is a screenshot from 2014, Juggernaut here gets a 30% fury. They changed this in 12.0 to show flat values as to make the math behind stats, buffs, debuffs and nodes more clear. The way energy resistance works here is pretty much identical. The node merely states a percentage because the node can't have a pre determined flat value, since each champ has a unique energy resistance stat. I understand that this seems extremely strange, but it's just the way the game has been since day 1.
    If it is the way you're saying then guardians signature ability which states +80% bleed resistance should be doing nothing since his base bleed resistance is 0 and 1.80 × 0 is 0.

What i meant is that yes i know weakness caps at 90% but that's not relevant here
  • Options

If it is the way you're saying then guardians signature ability which states +80% bleed resistance should be doing nothing since his base bleed resistance is 0 and 1.80 × 0 is 0.

What i meant is that yes i know weakness caps at 90% but that's not relevant here
    That's another layer of complexity. Specific DOT resistances are fully percentage based, since a flat value wouldn't work because the amount of damage an effect deals depends on the champ. Energy and physical are merely presented as a percentage, while being a flat value in actuality. It's weird but that's just the way this game works. Every effect has a unique way of being calculated. Crit damage for instance scales in a completely different way from armor, crit rate, etc since it doesn't cap out at 100% but goes above.
  • Options
    BeeweeBeewee Posts: 533 ★★★★
    Node is bugged and doesnt work. People who are saying “free wins” aren't in GC wheres theres a node that negates basically all energy damage
  • Options
    Beewee said:

Node is bugged and doesnt work. People who are saying “free wins” aren't in GC wheres theres a node that negates basically all energy damage

As someone who is in GC, it doesn't prevent any damage on the opponent, unless they have a pre existing energy resistance value. That's why Nimrod was still so strong in OP's screenshots. It isn't glitched, it's merely how this game has worked since the beginning. The node has been in tons of other content over the years, from 4.1.1 to 7.2.6. If the node was truly bugged, wouldn't the devs have caught on at some point over the last 7 years?
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,699 Guardian

The game hasn't worked this way since day 1. Flat stats were introduced in 12.0. Prior to 12.0, resistance stats were numerically identical to the resistance mitigation value. So 30% resistance was 30% resistance. After 12.0, resistance (and several other stats) were converted to flat stats, whereupon the mitigation value was calculated from the flat stat values.

Attack rating is not a flat stat, so Fury mechanics are unchanged between 11.0 and 12.0. Attributes that were converted to flat stats had all effects converted to flat stat modifiers, which is why the game now shows those.
  • Options

That's another layer of complexity. Specific DOT resistances are fully percentage based, since a flat value wouldn't work because the amount of damage an effect deals depends on the champ. Energy and physical are merely presented as a percentage, while being a flat value in actuality. It's weird but that's just the way this game works. Every effect has a unique way of being calculated. Crit damage for instance scales in a completely different way from armor, crit rate, etc since it doesn't cap out at 100% but goes above.
    All flat stats obey a specific DR (diminishing returns) formula. That formula is: Strength = FlatStat / (FlatStat + 1500 + 5* CR) where CR is the Challenge rating of the opponent champ. In other words, if a champion has an armor rating of 2000, the actual value of the armor stat depends on who's attacking that champ. If a champion has a critical rating of 800, the actual critical chance depends on what champion they are attacking.

Critical damage rating is the singular exception to all flat stats, in that they use a slightly different formula. The standard DR formula has an effective range of zero to 1.0. Critical damage had a larger range pre-12.0, and thus uses a different formula. Essentially it is the calculated formula times five plus 0.5. Or: Critical Damage = 5 * DR(crit damage rating) + 0.5. In percentage terms, the effective range of Crit Damage Rating is zero to 550%.
  • Options
    Beewee said:

Yes, node is bugged. The way the node should work is that the node should be adding a very large flat value to energy resistance comparable to what would ordinarily approximate 90% energy resistance. This should affect all energy damage. However, apparently this is not correctly affecting damage over time effects, which means Nimrod's passive shocks are still eating mutants alive in GC. Kabam is aware of this now and is looking at it.

So basically, as I understand it, if you strike a champion in GC with energy damage, that's going to be reduced by ~90% (flat stats make this calculation a bit more complex). But if you land a DoT that deals energy, that's going to probably hit for a lot of damage regardless at the moment.
  • Options
    Timmy2xsTimmy2xs Posts: 160
    Yea, this node is busted... i just smoked a Korg with Nimrod... and hes shock immune. Doesnt make any sense at all.