Options

Is Adam Warlock SLIGHTLY underwhelming? Sounds crazy, but…

ShoNuff29ShoNuff29 Posts: 418 ★★★
- only can use his pod once per fight (at least that’s what mike says in deep dive)

- Small regen

- fairly long ramp up, especially to get to 2 furies

- You have to build to his immunities (up to 20 for Sovereignty), so on defense, couldn’t a r4/r5 Tigra basically kill him before he even gets difficult

- immunities are to champs only, not nodes

If not for the last part, he could’ve been an incursions monster, but where exactly is he supposed to shine as an attacker?

He’s gonna be a really good champ, but what’s he great for? Let me know what I missed…

Semi-hot take: Moondragon MIGHT be the better champ next month 😬

Comments

• Options

Deep dives are never a good barometer for whether a champ will be good.

They’re terrible for assessing damage, but I’m just talking about the actual abilities in his kit and play rotation.
  • Options

ShoNuff29 said:

Deep dives are never a good barometer for whether a champ will be good.

They’re terrible for assessing damage, but I’m just talking about the actual abilities in his kit and play rotation.
    people watched the deep dive for apocalypse and said he wasn’t good

i’d wait until creators actually get their hands on him and have gameplay in various situations before making any judgements

The main complaint after the Apoc deep dive was he looked like a noodle. I’m not saying anything about AW’s damage.

He’s gonna be a really good champ, I’m just saying I didn’t see any SPECIFIC place he’s supposed to shine and kabam has been been on champion intentionality lately.
  • Options
    zernixzernix Posts: 82
    I just hope he can be mootralized-- I mean neutralized.

He kinda looks like Abs Man, really good if you have the skill the pull off what's needed to ramp him up but just OK if you can't take advantage of his abilities to the fullest.
  • Options
    CyborgNinja135CyborgNinja135 Posts: 1,114 ★★★★
    zernix said:

I just hope he can be mootralized-- I mean neutralized.

He kinda looks like Abs Man, really good if you have the skill the pull off what's needed to ramp him up but just OK if you can't take advantage of his abilities to the fullest.

He can't be neutralized while his sovereignty buff is active. So that means every 20 hits you land on him for 15 seconds. You can use Mojo to significantly reduce its duration. Claire's buff immunity should work too. Luckily, his unblockable, true damage, precision and fury only activate if he strikes you, so you can potentially never see those during the fight. If for some reason they trigger, just hang back for 2 seconds and wait for the counter to reach 0. The biggest threat is the unblockable and there are a few champions that can deal with it. Of course this will all depend on the nodes in the EQ fight.
  • Options
    Rugbyman371Rugbyman371 Posts: 55
    ShoNuff29 said:

- only can use his pod once per fight (at least that’s what mike says in deep dive)

- Small regen

- You have to build to his immunities (up to 20 for Sovereignty), so on defense, couldn’t a r4/r5 Tigra basically kill him before he even gets difficult

If not for the last part, he could’ve been an incursions monster, but where exactly is he supposed to shine as an attacker?

He’s gonna be a really good champ, but what’s he great for? Let me know what I missed…

On defense he can only go in his pod once. On offense you can use it what appears to be an unlimited amount of times but the energy resistance doesn’t last as long from what I could tell
  • Options
    SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,393 ★★★★★

i think the weirdest part about him it feels like he’s designed to be specifically countered by mordo

Ronan will be good for him too. However this may be a case where Kabam introduces a “problem” then sells the “solution” later in the year through a Mystic (or another champion) that’s able to shut down Adam through a brand new ability
  • Options
    Rugbyman371Rugbyman371 Posts: 55

ShoNuff29 said:

- Small regen

On defense he can only go in his pod once. On offense you can use it what appears to be an unlimited amount of times but the energy resistance doesn’t last as long from what I could tell
    Just rewatched and I misunderstood the sig ability portion. I thought it allowed him to reenter the pod multiple times
  • Options
    SquammoSquammo Posts: 448 ★★★
    edited April 2023
    ShoNuff29 said:

-

He’s immune to AAR, though, as soon as he gets his sovereignty buff, so Tigra won’t really work against him. 20 hits isn’t much, so I doubt she can work that fast since he’d also be getting no buffs.
  • Options
    H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,880 Guardian
    ShoNuff29 said:

H3t3r said:

i think the weirdest part about him it feels like he’s designed to be specifically countered by mordo

Got a feeling kabam is cooking up another soul barb mystic this year

I’ll forgive them if it’s Kushala lol
    Imagine she has soul barb and damnation. Ughhh the dream.
  • Options
    SpaceCorpSpaceCorp Posts: 73
    Adam Warlock looks like the best character in the game.
  • Options
    NOW Moondragon is underwhelming as heck in my opinion. She's good, but nothing saying Im god tier. This is proof that they should have brought High Evolutionary in the game than her.
  • Options
    Obviously this is my opinion
  • Options
    psp742psp742 Posts: 2,341 ★★★★
    Sentry is underwhelming.. Adam Warlock is a stud compared to Sentry, who is supposed to have a power of a million exploding suns.. im sort of excited with Adam Warlock but I suspect he needs sig200 to maximize his damage potential.. if you get passive AI; damage might not be as good.
  • Options
    SyndicatedSyndicated Posts: 584 ★★★
    And Kabam said that champs are stronger than intended, so...
  • Options
    CyborgNinja135CyborgNinja135 Posts: 1,114 ★★★★
    edited April 2023
    SpaceCorp said:

NOW Moondragon is underwhelming as heck in my opinion. She's good, but nothing saying Im god tier. This is proof that they should have brought High Evolutionary in the game than her.

What proof is there that indicates High Evolutionary would have been better? For all we know he could have been the new Super Skrull. You're judging champions based off their deep dives, which have a track record for sometimes being a completely inaccurate depiction of how a champion will actually perform.
  • Options
    Nameless_IWNameless_IW Posts: 981 ★★★★
    His base kit is alright but not what i was expecting. I hope the deep dive didn't show everything we needed to know about his kit. If it did, then I'm disappointed by the fact they never mentioned the soul gem. Adam Warlock was frequently the bearer of the soul gem. Yeah one of the infinity stone gem. So therefore, they should have given him some special abilities just for that. Also, his sp3 animations is not overly overwhelming. Besides some other things.
  • Options
    Emilia90Emilia90 Posts: 1,973 ★★★★★

And Kabam said that champs are stronger than intended, so...

Stronger than intended in this case literally just means that AW is protected from all sources of nullify and MD isn’t supposed to be protected from suicide mastery poison
  • Options
    Emilia90Emilia90 Posts: 1,973 ★★★★★
    SpaceCorp said:

Obviously this is my opinion

Lmao imagine judging champs based off of deep dives. For all we know, she could be much better
  • Options
    BeeweeBeewee Posts: 533 ★★★★
    Im looking at his defensive value. Im not expecting him to be the best attacker ever, but a solid one in case I need him for a fight on bgs. His defensive value looks incredible
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,280 ★★★★★
    I wouldn't say he's underwhelming. These things are way too premature to tell, especially based on Deep Dives.
    One thing that occurred to me though, is it feels like Abilities are becoming more complex. Which is inevitable I suppose. It will take some time to figure out a decent rotation.
  • Options

The main reason I'm excited for Adam Warlock is I've been staring at a duped mordo looking for a reason to rank him up. Seems as I have found it

This, finally I can actually use him somewhere
  • Options
    Personally, I am properly Whelmed by him.
    Moondragon is fun too - gunna be a cool release month.

He gets the pod after every SP2, btw
  • Options

Personally, I am properly Whelmed by him.
    Moondragon is fun too - gunna be a cool release month.

He gets the pod after every SP2, btw

Ok, that changes A LOT because of the 60 seconds of energy resistance after the pod.

Anyway to speed up to that 2nd fury? If so, I’ll very whelmed lol