**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Battlegrounds and Latency Issues [merged]

Trafalgarwar96Trafalgarwar96 Posts: 466 ★★★
edited May 2023 in General Discussion
I updated the game. The battlegrounds don t work well, there are connection issue and the symbol of the connection error doesnt go away.
Well done!
Post edited by Kabam Jax on

Comments

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,983 ★★★★★

Did they announce fixes to BGs in this update?

We can t wait until the next month.....
    They haven't announced a timeline or announced any fixes. I'm sure you can't wait but you're going to have to wait until they announce something.
    Graves_3 said:

Did they announce fixes to BGs in this update?

They did not announce/acknowledge the bugs either. I don’t think it’s unreasonable to expect the connection issues to be fixed with the new update. Matchmaking and other issues aside, one of the things that’s been pretty remarkable this season is the disconnection and auto selection of attackers/defenders. I think OP thought new update will fix the issue.
    They would list it in the bug fixes. I get it and I know there's frustration but nothings been announced.

Well I mean they did say this

Not that I have any idea what that means.

I saw that but the connection issue would have been announced as its own fix.
  • Calypso96Calypso96 Posts: 36
    Worst than last season and lack of connexion in game despite 3 bars of wifi
  • MasterSmokeMasterSmoke Posts: 548 ★★★
    After or before the new update??
  • dukedevill4412dukedevill4412 Posts: 162
    Still can only pick my champs half the time. Both draft and defense/offense. Luckily I’ve explored all content I want to explore and am just wasting energy. But god help the alliances that are BG focused right now
  • MackeyMackey Posts: 1,547 ★★★★★
    6 for 6 now of not even making it to round 1. Luckily I foresaw issues and didn't use elder marks but I'll be staying well clear of that mode now
  • SandeepSSandeepS Posts: 1,159 ★★★★
    Couldnt select a champ and the auto selections meant I lost the match. Had 2 medals and lost 1 when I was about to move up. Granted there were no guarentees but chance has gone and nothings going to help me from support.
  • ChobblyChobbly Posts: 833 ★★★★
    edited May 2023
    I've given BG a bit of a run this evening (ten games or so) and done worse than my usual scrubby gameplay would indicate.

Main issue is champion selection - sometimes it feels like there UI is actually locked out and I can't pick anything. On a couple of occasions I've had the spinning wheel of doom appear in the bottom right of the screen which corresponds to the UI also being locked out but it doesn't always appear.

I've also had it where I've picked a champion (client-side?) but the selection I've made doesn't appear to have been sent back to the server and so when it times out a different champion is picked.

Hope that's useful to somebody.
  • Ironside47Ironside47 Posts: 461 ★★★
    The connection issue isn’t even mentioned on the bug board so I’m not overly enthusiastic about a fix. That said, I’m pretty sure it’s a server problem rather than the game so who knows?
  • Pdexter86Pdexter86 Posts: 81
    Yeh since the update I’m getting the loading icon pretty much all the time.
    Also completed a quest in 8.2.3 and it didn’t show as complete when I went back in 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Giantwalrus56Giantwalrus56 Posts: 624 ★★★
    ZEDMAN33 said:

Don’t waste your units boys

Exactly this! I usually wait a week or 2 to start my grind, but after seeing all these issues & posts, I haven't played a single match this season
  • Lee99Lee99 Posts: 94
    BG should be taken down for the season and compensation given. With the past spring cleaning spending money to get champs to play this season Kabam should at least compensate players.
  • Milan1405Milan1405 Posts: 952 ★★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

Hello Summoners,

We have been tracking the conversations around Battleground connectivity and are working to resolve the issue ASAP.

As the investigations progresses, it seems most likely, at this point in time, that these issues are related to an overall latency issue but is most noticeable in the Battlegrounds game mode.

The team is pushing a potential fix right now and is requesting feedback about the impact this has on your game-play experience; please let us know if this alleviates any issues over the next 30 minutes.

Thank you!

I just lost another match due to these issues. Complete waste of elders marks and my time. Feels bad to get good draft options but then not get to pick anyone due to connection issues and lose because it selects jessica jones to fight bishop instead of idoom :disappointed: Really feel like some compensation is justified here.
  • TigerphilTigerphil Posts: 18
    I wasn’t able to choose defenders or attackers for battle grounds. Elders marks gone and energy wasted. Not to mention my lost progress coins. Frustrating. So far the hot fix hasn’t helped.