**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Iceman feels like an Omega Level mutant now

ESFESF Posts: 1,944 ★★★★★
edited May 2023 in General Discussion
Hi, folks! Hope all is well!

I’m not diving too deeply into this one; Iceman’s been around long enough where basically every player with some longevity in the game probably has one at the 4/5-star level, and I even see 6-star Icemen (I have one) far more than before — that rarity hasn’t been around as long.

Iceman has always had an elite kit — the immunities and utility have always had a place in the game, and I was one who used the kit a bit more than most.

Everyone knows that the kit being used more frequently was held back by the DPS. You could play it, but it just wasn’t as efficient or effective as others kits, especially as time passed.

This buff that went live today brings Iceman into relevance for where the game is now — the DPS is relevant for 2023. It’s not broken, but it is far more effective. You don’t even have to have Synergy help.

It’s a good buff — the reason I am even posting about it is that these are the kinds of buffs I love when Kabam does them.

There was never anything wrong with the character design. It just needed a DPS adjustment and mechanic/timer adjustments, as the fights in the game have more nodes and higher health pools.

Iceman has always been one of my favorite characters, dating back to the OG Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends television show, way back when. (Look it up, young people.)

This buff is what the kit needed, and just wanted to say thanks Kabam — more of these are always welcomed

Comments

• Options
    Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,142 ★★★★★
    I remember that cartoon (showing my age) and i also carried my Iceman to 6r4 prebuff because he has always been one of my favorite x-men characters (along with bishop and wolverine) and was pretty good as-is for hazard shift in AW. Glad to see they finally did him right with frostbite and nova flame immunities, and the additional damage is nice!
  • Options
    I_tell_no_tales_1I_tell_no_tales_1 Posts: 1,193 ★★★★

I remember WAY back in the day grinding arena on a previous account for 4* Iceman and I was playing all weekend to score about 13M and got him! It was such a happy day, used him so much.

Now that I have a 6* and he's buffed or being buffed, I'll be ranking mine and playing him again, if only for nostalgia but even better if he's relevant again.

This made me emotional
    Now I will rank my 5* because he helped me with that annoying CB boss of 6.1
  • Options
    MoeyTehrMoeyTehr Posts: 433 ★★
    billf8004 said:

What changed? He still hits like a dry sponge. I thought all he ever needed was a higher attack rating.

The frequency of his frostbites and the level of damage they do. A few other under the hood changes (including his Professor X synergy becoming part of his regular kit) that make him much more viable. I played around with my unawakened R1 in ROL and I loved what I saw. I've already R2'd him and plan to R3 as soon as I can.
  • Options
    Emilia90Emilia90 Posts: 1,852 ★★★★★
    billf8004 said:

What changed? He still hits like a dry sponge. I thought all he ever needed was a higher attack rating.

His red numbers are good. Not sure why people are underrating his attack. He has all his utility with some solid damage now
  • Options
    billf8004billf8004 Posts: 2
    I wish I recorded a before fight for a side by side comparison. 2600 crit damage for a 6r3 is pathetic.
  • Options
    I'm so happy he is so good now. I loved using him before and now he is even better. This buff was perfect for his kit.
  • Options
    Emilia90Emilia90 Posts: 1,852 ★★★★★
    billf8004 said:

I wish I recorded a before fight for a side by side comparison. 2600 crit damage for a 6r3 is pathetic.

The red numbers…a lot of champs rely on these for good damage and iceman does great in this regard
  • Options
    KoiBoy18KoiBoy18 Posts: 314 ★★★
    Now we just need Firestar added to the game and your childhood dream will come true!
  • Options
    NearJrNearJr Posts: 147 ★★
    KoiBoy18 said:

Now we just need Firestar added to the game and your childhood dream will come true!

We need more New Warriors in this game.
  • Options
    ElMelloiElMelloi Posts: 101
    he isn't as good as Hercules so why would i use him? 🤣
  • Options
    mbracembrace Posts: 830 ★★★
    He isn’t as good as a lot of champs. I don’t really like him after the buff.
  • Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,809 ★★★★★
    He managed to kick 5-Star max sig Doom out of top four in profile, so is 👍🏻
  • Options
    spider_man_guy_123spider_man_guy_123 Posts: 162 ★★
    His immune to like every damaging debuff now
  • Options
    AMS94AMS94 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★
    He is good now but I won't consider him "Omega" level
  • Options
    KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,745 ★★★★★
    He feels like the kinda silent champ - good DPS, great immunities, but I think he'll be overlooked by many. And then comes the exciting moment when people like Swedeah or MSD do something amazing with that champ, and they inspire some people to try and rank up the said champ.
  • Options
    Batman_bruce31Batman_bruce31 Posts: 212 ★★
    Emilia90 said:

billf8004 said:

The red numbers…a lot of champs rely on these for good damage and iceman does great in this regard
    Galan aslo hits like 3k crits. But we all know what ge is capable of. 😂