Guardians Vol. 3 Opinions

MaxGamingMaxGaming Member Posts: 3,211 ★★★★★

IF YOU WARCHED THE MOVIE AND WANT TO TALK ABOUT SPOILERS USE THE SPOILER TAG

Spoiler Free first, This movie is everything you'd want in a Guardians movie. It has emotional moments, funny moments, and moments where you are just hyped. Villain is great and personally this is a top tier marvel movie and the best thing marvel made since after endgame.

Spoilers -
This movie has The High Evolutionary being an actual threat and a menace to the guardians
Roccets backstory is actuallyone of the most heart wrenching and tear jerking things in the MCU. You feel for the charactes and it makes for some of the sadest scenes

Every other character isnt sidelined either, they all have a place to shine, SL is going through his issues of losing gamora and all his familyor loved ones dieing and makes the ending feel amazing. Drax being a father figure helps expandhis story from Guardians 1 when we know his familywas murdered and him helping the kids from the Evolutionary feels so great! Mantis also goes through her change in the story too where she is useful and is funny asf especially with making the guy in love with drax XD. Everyone else also has there spots to shine too.
Adam Warlock did feel like a weak point but helps so much to see him become a hero, i couldnt help but get himelander vibes from him but that might be bias from the looks.

Gamora being a past version did not disappoint, theu could have done the cliche act of them going back in there relationship to build it up again but they didnt, Gamora IS not the Gamora we saw grow with the guardians this IS Thanos' daughter.
Now for some scenes that were amazing in my opinion then ill wrap it up. The Is cordor scene was stunning and great along with the first Marvel F bomb

This was a beautiful conclusion to our favorite space team of misfits and I'm glad this movie didn't flop like I expected. Also lots of gore

Comments

• Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Member Posts: 3,274 ★★★★★
    I enjoyed it. Slightly surprised about who died or didn't at the end.
  • ShoNuff29ShoNuff29 Member Posts: 450 ★★★★
    Probably the best story since endgame. Movie was about those characters and that movie, not made to set something else. Didn’t cut anything short and gave the villain room to be fully fleshed out. Easy 9/10… possibly 9.5 but I’ll wait til I watch again for final grading lol.
  • Darkraw346Darkraw346 Member Posts: 2,358 ★★★★★
    Adam warlock was bad. Everything else wise that movie was so amazing we didn't have such a movie for a long time now, and The high evo was such a great villain man, too bad he didn't talk about Kang tho
  • I_tell_no_tales_1I_tell_no_tales_1 Member Posts: 1,198 ★★★★
    Feel bad for SL tho
    Dude killed half of the universe temporarily, killed Tony And Natasha permanently just to realise that that his punch brought him nothing and now his love doesn't recognise him..
  • DeaconDeacon Member Posts: 4,235 ★★★★★
    one word. BRAVO. i left the theater with a huge smile on my face.
  • JtakalaJtakala Member Posts: 20
    It was excellent, agree that the Adam Warlock is as a weak one but perhaps it’s setting up for something else! Loved Groot at the end, a little King Groot look to him
  • Total_Domin01Total_Domin01 Member Posts: 1,015 ★★★★
    I personally found it to be a really great movie, a nice change from many of the recent ones marvel’s put out. The creatures that the bad guy was making (no spoilers there lol) were something special to look at and did put me off a little bit, but still overall a great movie.

The way they worked warlock into it I personally found kinda wonky, was glad that they weren’t just having the gold lady being super petty about the batteries rocket stole in vol 2 and making an actual storyline for it. I’m pretty sure they were also going for him to be acted like an awkward little kid given his too soon expulsion from his pod, and that seemed to work out fine. It just seemed like he was a side character that no one really cared about until the end when he saved Quill. Personally I thought it felt like they just added him in because it was needed from the post credit scene in guardians 2. Not complaining about evolutionary as the bad guy though, he did a great job.

To anyone who watches the movie for the first time, make sure to read the headline on the newspaper in the final post credit scene.
  • MaxGamingMaxGaming Member Posts: 3,211 ★★★★★

I personally found it to be a really great movie, a nice change from many of the recent ones marvel’s put out. The creatures that the bad guy was making (no spoilers there lol) were something special to look at and did put me off a little bit, but still overall a great movie.

The way they worked warlock into it I personally found kinda wonky, was glad that they weren’t just having the gold lady being super petty about the batteries rocket stole in vol 2 and making an actual storyline for it. I’m pretty sure they were also going for him to be acted like an awkward little kid given his too soon expulsion from his pod, and that seemed to work out fine. It just seemed like he was a side character that no one really cared about until the end when he saved Quill. Personally I thought it felt like they just added him in because it was needed from the post credit scene in guardians 2. Not complaining about evolutionary as the bad guy though, he did a great job.

To anyone who watches the movie for the first time, make sure to read the headline on the newspaper in the final post credit scene.
    Honestly it felt like they told the director that they teased Adam Warlock and then he had to put him in. His main role was capture rocket then save Starlord
  • CrusaderjrCrusaderjr Member Posts: 1,059 ★★★★
    adam warlock gave me "we're the millers" vibes rather than the guy who eventually fights thanos...
    besides that it was top 5 marvel movies of all time.
    cry, laugh, cheer.
    great soundtrack as usual. it was about the GOTG, didnt veer off to some random marvel connection.
  • Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Member Posts: 3,274 ★★★★★
    MaxGaming said:

Honestly it felt like they told the director that they teased Adam Warlock and then he had to put him in. His main role was capture rocket then save Starlord
    it was the same director as the previous 2 GOTG films.
  • ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Member Posts: 3,276 ★★★★★
    MCU's had a lot of stinkers as of late but this one's a banger.
  • GiuliameijGiuliameij Member Posts: 1,849 ★★★★
    I liked it. And there is a very simple reason why I know I liked it. My wife and I also like lego and have started collecting starwars and marvel lego since about 1,5 - 2 years now. 2 months back I bought the Benatar lego set. Because I did not like the new purple one. But after the movie. I felt like getting all previous ships because I know I like guardians most.
  • abamabam Member Posts: 32
    Movie sucked. Marvel movies used to be about people being superheroes. Now it's about superheroes being lame people. Adam Warlock was a disgrace.
  • Krishna24Krishna24 Member Posts: 415 ★★★
    abam said:

Movie sucked. Marvel movies used to be about people being superheroes. Now it's about superheroes being lame people. Adam Warlock was a disgrace.

Agree
  • Johnson374Johnson374 Member Posts: 30
    ... GOTG is about a motley of characters banding together because GOTG is where their personal issues doesn't matter. They care for each other.

GOTG3 shows that in abundance ...
  • MaxGamingMaxGaming Member Posts: 3,211 ★★★★★
    abam said:

So it's lame about saving someone and taking down a villian. I thought being superheroes meant being a good person and doing what's right powers or not.
  • Captain_SpasmCaptain_Spasm Member Posts: 89 ★★
    MaxGaming said:

abam said:

So it's lame about saving someone and taking down a villian. I thought being superheroes meant being a good person and doing what's right powers or not.
    Don’t feed the troll. Just roll your eyes and move on.