**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

So much for "free week of AQ"

DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,018 ★★★★★
edited May 2023 in General Discussion
This week of AQ didn't have any cost to enter. Kabam wanted to give people a chance to try out a new map without the cost associated with it. For some reason, after day 1, the defenders changed to 7* defenders with dramatically increased stats. This has honestly been the most costly AQ I've had in a very long time.

I am not the best out there and do use health pots and revives here and there but nothing like the past 4 days. I itemed out one of the days and used all 15 available items on day 4 but finished my paths.

Here is Ronin on day 1 of what Map 8 was-

This is Ronin on day 5 currently-

These are King Groot mini and Toad Bosses-

The fights have been ridiculous. The A.I isn't normal. I haven't been able to capture the A.I issues yet but intercepting is way off due to the speed of the defenders dash in and they turtle all the time.

On top of the A.I behavior, the increase in Health and Attack makes the fights worse. Fights are longer and blocked hits are worse. I truly feel bad for those who actually used this free week to try Map 8. Definitely wasn't the week to do it and it wasn't the week to make the switch to 7* defenders. I am aware that the health and attack values weren't meant to be but why make the switch on a free week?

I hope there is some sort of compensation. More skilled players than me have used way more items this week. I can imagine top 20 AQ was even worse given the increase from the higher prestige.

While I'm talking about AQ, it needs a desperate change to resources that you can use. I went through so many items because of champions larger healthpools from being R4's.

1. Get rid of the daily purchase limit on health pots and revives. If you aren't going to give percentage based ones or increase their values, we need a way to buy more at a time. 4/revs per week and 2/pots per day is silly.

2. Rev's need to be percentage based. They don't need to be like AW where it's 1 glory or anything but we need 40% rev's in AQ. 4k health is nothing.

3. Health Pots need to be updated. 9.5k ones need to be cheaper and we need to be able to buy single 14k or higher ones with glory.

4. We need 6hr boosts that can work with AQ and AW at the same time. The common boosts can be just for everything else but AQ and AW and we should be able to use them at that the same time since the 6hr ones don't apply to my champs if I am question.

5. I'd like to see boosts like Power Start 1 or invulnerability in AQ as well. If you aren't planning on making it fun, then let us have those advantages that AW has to get the pain of AQ done and over with.

6. I think it's time that the ticket system gets scrapped. We don't need a cost entry for it any more. It really has no beneficial effect.

That's all for now. Thanks for coming to my Ted Talk.

P.S- I am serious about compensation. I don't ask for it a lot but it's really needed. Good luck today for everyone doing day 5 on map 8.

Comments

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,018 ★★★★★

100% agree. This week was horrible. Honestly, if they don’t change anything before next AQ cycle, I’m not sure there is a point in doing map 8. Might as well just move down a map or two. Attack values were so high a single misstep and your champ is gone.

I was hoping they were going to announce the next season soon along with a much needed glory store update, but throwing 7 stars in makes it seem like they are nowhere close to announcing any update.

If they can make it where they were equal to what we have, I'd be okay with 7* defenders. But, the last time they did that, Map 7 got worse. Attack values went up and they stayed there. Map 6 was bumped up too and it was a big mess.

I like that 7*'s get to specials quicker but they've become hard to bait out. I run Diss Track on map 8 and it's completely jacked with my timing for that ridiculously short timer for the unstoppable.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,242 ★★★★★

That was a bit of a jump. I suspect they're testing it out.

No, they aren't. The increased stats were unintentional.

@Demonzfyre I agree to your post. AQ this round was far more punishing and tougher. My alliance is filled with really good players (im not included in that, haha). but the pain of AQ has been felt throughout. The increased stats, couple with punishing modifiers, made this round far tougher than any before.
    Id agree the first thing has to be appropriate compensation. Ive used a few items, much higher than normal, but have ally mates who have used more than me. A combo kills you day 1. Ive been timing out to KG constantly. Each lane fight takes a really long time, and one mistake is death. Just overall not very fun this round.
    I also agree we need to make changes to the healing, but that will be longer term. 6* r5s and now 7* have entered the game, so the healing HAS to be scaled up. piddly pots do nothing.

I hope the game team is considering the pain in the top end of aq this week. I'm glad it is day5, this week is nearly over.
    Oh? Perhaps. Just a hunch.
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,117 ★★★★★
    Ezmyr said:

Tell me about it. R4 Moleman with class advantage 1 hit from nearly full health.

Do better..

*Sighs deeply in disappointment at @Ezmyr 's lack of banter.. pretending like he has a life and too busy to Forum troll with me* 😔
  • TyphoonTyphoon Posts: 1,750 ★★★★★
    Graves_3 said:

Typhoon said:

@Demonzfyre I'm confused. I've been told so many times that all you do is support whatever Kabam does. Did someone hack your account? Seriously though, I'm glad I'm taking a break from high AQ lol

Demonz asking for compensation in 2023 is a sure sign we are in the mirror dimension.
    I am tempted to take a leaf out of his own book and tell him to step down to a lower map if he can’t handle this.
    I was able to get through it ok, but my item use was definitely higher, so he ain’t wrong.
    Ezmyr said:

*Sighs deeply in disappointment at @Ezmyr 's lack of banter.. pretending like he has a life and too busy to Forum troll with me* 😔

Your prestige is bad and you should feel bad.
    There he is! 😀
    Yeah, I essentially retired from the game in January 2022 and ask you for a tldr on their abilities any time I have to fight a post 2021 champ in war.. but you guys just won't kick me 🤷‍♂️
    And I bumped Prestige today btw.. it's now only 3rd worst in the alliance 😌
    Ezmyr said:

Your prestige is bad and you should feel bad.
    Git Diablo

• Graves_3 said:

Typhoon said:

@Demonzfyre I'm confused. I've been told so many times that all you do is support whatever Kabam does. Did someone hack your account? Seriously though, I'm glad I'm taking a break from high AQ lol

Demonz asking for compensation in 2023 is a sure sign we are in the mirror dimension.
    I am tempted to take a leaf out of his own book and tell him to step down to a lower map if he can’t handle this.
    That would be unproductive as the points he brought out as totally right. The stats of the defenders are absolutely absurd. It has never been this tough in map8.
  • I_tell_no_tales_1I_tell_no_tales_1 Posts: 1,188 ★★★★
    edited May 2023

Easy Solution: Don’t do AQ

You know what's an easier solution?
    Do AQ only enough times to qualify for the reward
    No AQ= No Issue

Graves_3 said:

Typhoon said:

That would be unproductive as the points he brought out as totally right. The stats of the defenders are absolutely absurd. It has never been this tough in map8.
    Which is why I suggested they're testing the waters of 7*s in AQ. Hence the free Maps this week.
    It may have been better to do in a Beta environment, but that might be difficult to arrange for entire Allies.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,018 ★★★★★

Easy Solution: Don’t do AQ

You know what's an easier solution?
    Do AQ only enough times to qualify for the reward
    No AQ= No Issue
    That makes zero sense.
  • rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    Agreed. We ran map 8 and map 7 , used a ton of items.

The team is so worn out that everyone voted to run map 6 on day 5. Horrible week in AQ, and if this is down to updates in maps, then we deserve a compensation of the resources used.
  • GiomeGiome Posts: 170 ★★
    Testing something without communicating it’s a big issue. Together with the “free AQ” message they should have warned us of the increased difficulty.
  • SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★
    Btw 7* Ronin is busted everywhere. His counter intercept is a mess in SQ as well.