**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

7* Grand Opening Mega Thread

Comments

• Options
    JAQRIPPJAQRIPP Posts: 90

• Options
    ChobblyChobbly Posts: 848 ★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Chobbly said:

Disappointing, but pretty much what I was expecting.

They’ll get use as BG defenders but that’s it. Would gladly trade them both in for Hulk, Venom or Spider-Man but that’s not how this game works, ha ha.

Everyone wants different stuff, but I would have been fine with those pulls. G2099 has her uses, and Overseer especially is very undervalued in my opinion. Protection from nullify-type effects is very valuable, and I think his stun immunity after specials tends to get overlooked verses things like encroaching stun. Plus with a little ramp up he hits like a truck dropped from orbit.
    Thanks for the perspective @DNA3000 - I think the problem is that I'd got both to a level I was happy with as 6*'s, plus as well I don't find either massively fun to play but we all have our preferences. I know they are both good champs in their own right.

What it has done though is given me a reason to ponder, a chance to step back from the game for a bit. I've uninstalled, in order to regroup and think about my engagement with the game going forward, and the cycles the game goes through.

Good luck everyone with the rest of your 7* pulls.
  • Options
    KingSageThe1stKingSageThe1st Posts: 102
    Emilia90 said:

Pissed about getting chavez as my first and only one. Almost everyone in the pool is better.

What? Chavez is easily top 10 in the pool. Her buff was amazing
    You can't be serious. She's only a defender and I have plenty of good defenders ranked. Nothing on YouTube makes me even think about leveling her.
  • Options
    JT_SupremeJT_Supreme Posts: 831 ★★★★
    Killmonger, Elsa, and shuri. Pretty bummed.
  • Options
    Booya5Booya5 Posts: 7
    Pterodactyl
  • Options
    Emilia90Emilia90 Posts: 1,816 ★★★★★

Emilia90 said:

Pissed about getting chavez as my first and only one. Almost everyone in the pool is better.

You can't be serious. She's only a defender and I have plenty of good defenders ranked. Nothing on YouTube makes me even think about leveling her.
    She’s amazing on offense. “Only a defender” is such a bad take. I’m sure that @Pikolu could explain it way better than I could, but there’s ton of content out there that shows how good she is. Vega has some great videos on her and she destroys cosmic champs and buff heavy matchups. She’s also just good in general
  • Options
    BlackSaChiBlackSaChi Posts: 298
    Il_JooO said:

3 fu**ing times!
    Is it a joke, Kabam?

That's the worst so far I could see
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,551 ★★★★★

Fowl trick played on me for my last one here…remembering how scratching to get one more try rarely pays off.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    CrazyRU2_CrazyRU2_ Posts: 31
    2nd pull - Killmonger. So that’s Classic Spidey and Killmonger
  • Options
    LpooLpoo Posts: 2,215 ★★★★★

Emilia90 said:

She hits harder than any of my other 7* so far

Terrax
    Mangog
    Titania
    Spidey

• Options
    Dixie_normas77Dixie_normas77 Posts: 55

I'm a bit bummed about my opening. Nobody too good. I hear falcon has some offensive utility but seems like a pointless rank. Mantis will be ranked solely because she is duped. Was really hoping for a terrax, Elsa, or mangog
  • Options
    critical1critical1 Posts: 13
    Okay as I'm a free to play player it took me a year and a half to get five of the six star heroes before banquet hit I now have 33 6 star heroes. Only six are duped that gives me 2,600 7 Star fragments someone please explain to me how I'm supposed to get 10, 000 fragments before the end of the month when the store ceases to have that two for Price option?
  • Options
    Sketch1037Sketch1037 Posts: 54

• Options
    Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,141 ★★★★★
    My 8th crystal...means I got to learn this release mechanism :|

• Options
    HungaryHippoHungaryHippo Posts: 773 ★★★★
    critical1 said:

Okay as I'm a free to play player it took me a year and a half to get five of the six star heroes before banquet hit I now have 33 6 star heroes. Only six are duped that gives me 2,600 7 Star fragments someone please explain to me how I'm supposed to get 10, 000 fragments before the end of the month when the store ceases to have that two for Price option?

The discount on the first 2 is permanent. The will always be in there until you buy them.
  • Options
    DL864DL864 Posts: 1,089 ★★★

• Options
    SandPounderSandPounder Posts: 342 ★★★

Got 4/5 of the mutant class…. Of course the missing one is Domino
  • Options
    BlackSaChiBlackSaChi Posts: 298

https://youtu.be/_IaXHiTeLEA

Dupped Mysterio twice, so 9 new 7* champs

• Options
    FigiFigiFigiFigi Posts: 26

Ain’t complaining, like every single champion!

• Options
    DerpyEagleDerpyEagle Posts: 455 ★★★
    Dragon man bishop and Korg I’m very happy!
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,687 Guardian

I'm a bit bummed about my opening. Nobody too good. I hear falcon has some offensive utility but seems like a pointless rank. Mantis will be ranked solely because she is duped. Was really hoping for a terrax, Elsa, or mangog

Falcon has been overshadowed a bit by newer champs released after his update, but I think he still has useful utility. His ability to turn most stuff off when he's under lock on is still very valuable. A little uptime dependent, but still valuable. No evade, no damage reflect, no safeguard, its all still useful.

Spider-Gwen is also not a bad pull in my opinion. I'm not sure I would take her to rank two soon, but essentially having a free rank 4-equivalent SG is not something I would turn down. Easy access to slow and evading unblockable specials is not bad, and she's super annoying on defense unless you can kill her quickly or shut down her evade, because there's no way to remove or turn off her spider charges. Once she gets going, she's a handful.
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,678 Guardian

Pikolu said:

Emilia90 said:

Chavez is very good. I used her for most of 8.2. She definitely shines in buff heavy matchups, but don't underestimate her ability power rate inversion. Makes Hyperion easy as heck to deal with. Her heavy chain stun is able to be used in debuff immune matchups and against certain forms of stun immunity too.

She hits like a truck, has good utility, easy access to healing, and great damage. A r1 7* Chavez performs just slightly worse than my r5 6*. I wish I got 7* Chavez so I could have 1 in war defense and offense.
    Is she good unawakened? She was one of my pulls today.

Imo she is fine unawakened
  • Options
    Chicago84Chicago84 Posts: 7
    On able to buy Paragon crystal because I don't have that option is there a reason why.
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,551 ★★★★★

I’d trade my VtD for any one of those.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,678 Guardian
    Chicago84 said:

On able to buy Paragon crystal because I don't have that option is there a reason why.

Have to be paragon to buy them