**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Paragon crystal drop rates :)

2»

Comments

• MidnightfoxMidnightfox Posts: 1,091 ★★★
    Yeah 65 crystals and 2 6 stars, about 10 5 stars, and 53 4 stars. Seems a little rigged to me.
  • Shamir51Shamir51 Posts: 849 ★★★★
    MrNoname said:

I wonder is the drop rate is really accurate. I got 4* like 80% of the time.

And here

Is it really possible to get all 4* from 10 crystals when the drop rate for anything above 4* (5*-7*) is at 50%

Seem almost impossible to land all 4*

I once saw 28 consecutive roulette spins land black despite there being a 51.4% chance for anything but black on each spin. I'd say it's not impossible.
  • Shamir51Shamir51 Posts: 849 ★★★★
    I opened 50 paragon crystals on my main account and got 2 6*, 2 5* and 46 4*.

I then opened 10 paragon crystals on my alt account and got 1 7*, 1 6*, 1 5* and 7 4*.

Seems like rng is working as intended🤷‍♂️
  • Qwerty12345Qwerty12345 Posts: 762 ★★★
    RNG is weird.

In my first 6 7 stars opened, I had a r40 Spiderman.

Where on another set of random events... I have 11 5 star relics, none dupe (pool is roughly have the size, with nearly twice as many spins).

Many "randomizers" like Apple shuffle actually aren't random because people would complain that a song played 3 of the last 4 times. So there certainly are cases your claims could be legit, but the data provided doesn't have anywhere near the sample size to have any kind of opinion to say whether that is going on here. Its like saying "4 out of 5 dentists agree..."... but there are 10 million dentists, so the fact you "picked" 5 dentists and 4 agree is meaningless.
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,277 ★★★★★

This is not a case of bad rng… they need to come out and be honest with any mistakes that were made on these crystals. There is no way the drop rates are correct.. even on the 6*. I know folks who opened a truck load including myself and we all can’t have bad rng!

That's the inherent distrust talking. It's hard to trust moving forward if you give your money to the dealer, they go into another room to roll the dice, then immediately come back in and tell you that you lost and your money's gone. It's all good if they tell you that you won and hand over a prize, though.
  • o_oo_o Posts: 834 ★★★★

ShuGokis said:

I know its a 1% chance I literally said that.

To elaborate, what I meant is you have a 99% chance to pull anything but a 7*. Those odds, even if others are very lucky, are small.
    That's not how it works though... yes, the odds of getting a 7* from one crystal are 1%, and that's the case every time you open one. But if you open 100, the probability of pulling at least one 7* is 0.63, or 63%. In other words the odds of opening 100 paragon crystals and pulling zero 7* champs from are just 37%.

MrNoname said:

I wonder is the drop rate is really accurate. I got 4* like 80% of the time.

And here

Is it really possible to get all 4* from 10 crystals when the drop rate for anything above 4* (5*-7*) is at 50%

Seem almost impossible to land all 4*

Not impossible, but highly improbable... basically 0.1% chance to get only 4* champs from 10 paragon crystals

I too got improbably awful results from my paragon crystals: opened 25, got 20 4-stars and 5 5-stars. I got kinda mad and thought there's no way Kabam's listed odds are correct. Then i remembered that when statistically improbable good things happen, i rarely question it. Like the time i opened 3 cav crystals and got all 6-stars... i wasn't like, hey, this must be rigged. I just was like yay and moved on. Highly improbable outcomes are a thing; sometimes they're in your favor and other times they aren't.

Having said that, it really does feel like the odds of getting a 4* from paragon crystal are higher than 50% :D
  • Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Posts: 1,320 ★★★★
    edited May 2023
    I got majoritively 5*s, spent all my units, grinded arena and EQ lower difficulties, opened about 26-30 along with I think 6-8 milestone reward ones and think I've only had 12 4*, no 7* but mainly all 5* with 6 6*s
  • Zenn_LaZenn_La Posts: 84
    Guess I got super lucky. Opened 7 of them to get milestone rewards and pulled 2 7*s, Korg & Wong. The other 5 were 1 4* and 4 5* dupes. I wanted to open more but had that “gut feeling” I was about to pull 20 4*s in a row after that luck.
  • CrusaderjrCrusaderjr Posts: 1,059 ★★★★
    opened 40ish got 0 7*, buddy in ally opened 30 got 1 in each batch of 10.... glad RNG works the same for everyone i suppose :D