**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

I had no idea Gambit slaps like this

Comments

• doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,724 ★★★
    Is he r2?
    I got him but haven't leveled him up yet.
  • PrimeSaviour_27PrimeSaviour_27 Posts: 364 ★★★
    doctorb said:

Is he r2?

I have him at R1, not that impressive tbh by himself. His own relic works well with himself if you do.

The op gambit is definitely R2 though
  • predatorrpredatorr Posts: 52

I really like this 7 star pool because it lets champs that are pretty good shine. Normally champs like gambit or war machine aren’t taken to R4 so you don’t usually see this kind of damage.

I'm lucky I have r4 200 signed gambit. We were playing gambling story adventure while everyone was sleeping and believe me that 200k is nothing Check out the Buddy Lee Gambit video
  • Hector_1475Hector_1475 Posts: 1,781 ★★★★★
    My 7R1 crits for 104k against WS, no synergies or nothing else. And he is more than raw damage, he has utility as well with his non-contact mediums / heavies / specials (he counters Thorns, Korg, Electro and similar stuff). Plus, he practically heals from bleed.

Not to mention that being a Mutant, he is part of some crazy synergies and you can always make him Horseman and see him doing insane stuff.

There were worse champions in the initial 7* pool. I'm happy I got him.
  • Mknight123Mknight123 Posts: 276 ★★★
    It would be very nice if he had a guaranteed crit on the 2nd hit of the sp2 then he would be more reliable but when you don't get a crit he can be very underwhelming but when you do crit he flashes some big cheese numbers, love gambit just whish his sp2 was more reliable in critical damage terms.
  • I_tell_no_tales_1I_tell_no_tales_1 Posts: 1,188 ★★★★

It would be very nice if he had a guaranteed crit on the 2nd hit of the sp2 then he would be more reliable but when you don't get a crit he can be very underwhelming but when you do crit he flashes some big cheese numbers, love gambit just whish his sp2 was more reliable in critical damage terms.

You can use stat focus to increase his crit rate
  • I_tell_no_tales_1I_tell_no_tales_1 Posts: 1,188 ★★★★
    007Bishop said:

It's very sad to see how much the community downright **** on champs like Gambit, Hawkeye, Mysterio, etc. They are all good (very good, even) champs. Hawkeye's buff was one of the most valuable buffs. Gambit and Mysterio have some insane damage output. Sure, none of those champs are at the top of their respective classes, but they are good, effective and very useful. People need to stop throwing a fit over pulling these champs as 7 stars without ever actually having played them
    I am really hoping for a Mysterio as my 1st 7* as I have a 6* penni but don't want to use my iso on Mysterio
  • Hector_1475Hector_1475 Posts: 1,781 ★★★★★
  • 007Bishop007Bishop Posts: 353 ★★★

007Bishop said:

It's very sad to see how much the community downright **** on champs like Gambit, Hawkeye, Mysterio, etc. They are all good (very good, even) champs. Hawkeye's buff was one of the most valuable buffs. Gambit and Mysterio have some insane damage output. Sure, none of those champs are at the top of their respective classes, but they are good, effective and very useful. People need to stop throwing a fit over pulling these champs as 7 stars without ever actually having played them
    I am really hoping for a Mysterio as my 1st 7* as I have a 6* penni but don't want to use my iso on Mysterio
    I got mysterio as my first 7* and that poison damage is sexy
  • doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,724 ★★★

doctorb said:

Is he r2?

I have him at R1, not that impressive tbh by himself. His own relic works well with himself if you do.

Do u have apocalypse?
    I think he would shine as horseman
  • Mknight123Mknight123 Posts: 276 ★★★
    edited May 2023

You can use stat focus to increase his crit rate
    I am aware this post is about 7* gambit but I did not say anything about a 7* gambit. I said him in general could use a nice crit increase on his sp2...
  • Pat_McGloin_1Pat_McGloin_1 Posts: 73
    I got Gambit and Shuri as 7*s. I wasn't sure how to feel at first but I like both so far.
  • Hawkcrew2000Hawkcrew2000 Posts: 150

doctorb said:

Is he r2?

He’s actually only r1. Just have a synergy team with him and I run suicides.
  • RasiloverRasilover Posts: 1,453 ★★★★
    Shoutouts to horsemen gambit for carrying me through the 6.4.6 soft guard path back in the day :)
  • KangsotoKangsoto Posts: 7
    There's a reason why he has high Prestige
  • Hawkcrew2000Hawkcrew2000 Posts: 150
    Kangsoto said:

There's a reason why he has high Prestige

Because…
  • Darkknight_94Darkknight_94 Posts: 459 ★★★
    Hopefully soon i get gambit relic to pair ny 7* gambit with
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,013 ★★★★★
    Slaps like Kabam slapping Cav and TBs
  • OakenshieldOakenshield Posts: 1,682 ★★★★
    edited June 2023
    I pulled him this week. I’m not a Gambit hater - I think Kabam did a solid job with his buff. He has just been eclipsed by all the other great mutants.

That said, while I wasn’t disappointed I wouldn’t say I was particularly excited. Then I watched the video above and conveniently enough I had the 4* relic.

I just through some ISO into him today and ranked up the relic and wow - he really does slap hard.

Did a couple of Winter Soldier fights tonight - not playing particularly hard or well - and he was putting him down in a little over a minute with high 40’s/low 50’s hits - and that was with no synergies or boosts. Best fight:

Definitely going to spend some time getting better at him. And going to play with horsemen/synergies - if he is hitting this hard vanilla looking forward to see what he can do.
  • SmallTimeANTSmallTimeANT Posts: 216

I really like this 7 star pool because it lets champs that are pretty good shine. Normally champs like gambit or war machine aren’t taken to R4 so you don’t usually see this kind of damage.

And that is exactly why it will be a LOOOONNGGG time until we see champs like cgr or ghost as a 7*. Imagine the numbers on those typa champs 😅