Benefits of opening 7* crystal vs holding

BubblingTeapotBubblingTeapot Member Posts: 21
As someone who's still trying to develop a solid 6* roster, I've pulled so many worthless 6* dupes in the past months where I'm almost able to open up my first ever 7* crystal.

With that being said, I'm unsure if I should open it immediately as I'm not too fussed about the current 7* basic pool and I feel like I'll be better off with a more desirable 6* champ that I can take immediately to R4.

My question is, is there any benefits to opening the 7* crystal now over opening it in the future where the pool will hopefully be expanded with greater options? And if so, what would your estimated time be before more champs are added? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• BeastDadBeastDad Member Posts: 1,775 ★★★★★
    I opened a couple but I am going to hold back as well. These milestones are way too high and even with spending you have to seriously whale out to get the good rewards.
  • BubblingTeapotBubblingTeapot Member Posts: 21

Now is the best time to open. THe pool is good and with the event + the 7* quest the rewards are increased. Holding doesn't make any sense.

The pool is decent but there's no one I'm particularly elated about and I'm not sure if they'll put in more work for me rn. I can only afford one 7* atm so I wouldn't be getting many points from the event anyways :(
  • Ayden_noah1Ayden_noah1 Member Posts: 1,676 ★★★★
    Don't forget the longer you wait the more good and bad champs get put into the pool. So instead of 1 out of 24 it's going to be 1 out of a lot more. Your odds becomes less to get the champ you want. I'm hoping that in the future 7 star shards will become more plentiful so it will be easier to get them.
  • Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Member Posts: 1,690 ★★★★★
    edited May 2023

Now is the best time to open. THe pool is good and with the event + the 7* quest the rewards are increased. Holding doesn't make any sense.

The pool is decent but there's no one I'm particularly elated about and I'm not sure if they'll put in more work for me rn. I can only afford one 7* atm so I wouldn't be getting many points from the event anyways :(
    So far I've had all science and honestly. Not disappointed with Titania, Overseer, Hulk or even Spidey who I thought would be lackluster. There isn't a huge miss in any of these besides maybe silver surfer but idk much about the guy besides when I ranked hi. For prestige.

If you wait, they'll add more misses to the pool and you could get an Ironman a Cyclops or the like.
  • altavistaaltavista Member Posts: 1,401 ★★★★
    edited May 2023
    I opened two and ended up with Korg and Joe Fixit.
    Not excited, as they kind of need the dupe to be what they could be.

But ultimately, in the absence of a Featured crystal, I will not hoard in the near term.

1. Natural Dupes are extremely valuable, as 7-star awakening resources will likely be hard to come by. It is easier to dupe with smaller pools, such as right now.

2. Gaining Titan shards is too valuable, since that would currently be the only way to target New champions. Kabam will have to explain the whole Titan situation better, but it sounds like champions might be withheld from the basic pool.

3. Being able to do the Shooting Stars quest, as Permanent Rewards become less valuable over time.

4. You potentially get additional rewards for opening. Unduped Joe Fixit + 300 units this month feels a lot better than just getting an Unduped Fixit in December.
  • BigBusterBigBuster Member Posts: 292 ★★★
    7*s are really powerful with their combat power rate, stat focus, and challenger rating. And all the champs in the pool have some value. Open while the pool is still balanced (no herc/kitty/etc. but no groot either)
  • Osfan8Osfan8 Member Posts: 760 ★★★
    I felt exactly the same way but I wanted the event rewards so I went all in. 7* shards will come back.
  • IamnikeIamnike Member Posts: 265 ★★
    This is the best time to open, the pool is the smallest its ever gonna be and its like having a free Rank 5 6* but with better combat power rate.
  • PikoluPikolu Member, Guardian Posts: 7,350 Guardian
    Benefits of waiting: you're less likely to dupe 7*s
    Detriments of waiting: you're going to dupe groot anyways
  • bm3eppsbm3epps Member Posts: 1,157 ★★★
    The more champs are added the more you are likely to get screwed. The current base pool is decent.
  • Loki_Poki1280Loki_Poki1280 Member Posts: 482 ★★★
    I'd say go with ur gut/heart . . .
    But the pool (as it is right now) is pretty decent. Only a small handful of meh pulls.
    When they start adding champs like:
    OG Cap
    Cap WWII
    Iron Man Classic
    BPCW
    Deadpool X-Force
    Electra
    Vision AOU
    Green Goblin
    Cyclops
    Etc.
    The chances you get something bad increases. And it hurts way more for one of them to be your first 7* rather than maybe Spider-Gwen
    Storm Pyramid X
    Sauron
    Rocket Raccoon
  • KingSageThe1stKingSageThe1st Member Posts: 102

But the pool (as it is right now) is pretty decent. Only a small handful of meh pulls.
    OG Cap
    Cap WWII
    Iron Man Classic
    BPCW
    Deadpool X-Force
    Electra
    Vision AOU
    Green Goblin
    Cyclops
    Etc.
    The chances you get something bad increases. And it hurts way more for one of them to be your first 7* rather than maybe Spider-Gwen
    Storm Pyramid X
    Sauron
    Rocket Raccoon

All four of the pulls you assume to be the worst in the pool are really good champs
  • Loki_Poki1280Loki_Poki1280 Member Posts: 482 ★★★
    edited May 2023

OG Cap
    Cap WWII
    Iron Man Classic
    BPCW
    Deadpool X-Force
    Electra
    Vision AOU
    Green Goblin
    Cyclops
    Etc.
    Storm Pyramid X
    Sauron
    Rocket Raccoon

All four of the pulls you assume to be the worst in the pool are really good champs
    I didn't assume they were bad. I just plucked the one not on the top of the 7* pool. Like the ones kinda in the middle. If I were to get these guys I would genuinely be happy with what I got 👍
  • PandingoPandingo Member Posts: 1,030 ★★★★
    I'm gunna be honest. I was gunna wait. I own every available 6* so I didn't need any of the champs. However. After opening and playing with these champs I'm happy I opened. Here's why-

-Honestly even the mid tier champs feel game changing compared to my six stars. They just hit different.
    -I'm learning to play with non typical champs and they are not only fun but they wreck.
    -Many depend on a dupe to be really good/viable defenders or attackers and/or high sigs smaller pool=better chance to dupe (I have four dupes now)
    -There is no foreseeable update to the pool nor does there need to be. The game didn't need seven stars, they are already op, the odds of God tiers being introduced soon are very low
    -dupes = Titan shards and those are probably where we will see the first God tier champs and again...smaller pool=more dupes

But that's my two cents worth of sense. Do what makes you happy. It's a game. And I'm loving this elsa dupe more than any champ I've played with before. And venom... oh my glob
  • BubblingTeapotBubblingTeapot Member Posts: 21
    Thanks everyone for the input, I opened mine and got Sauron. Honestly never knew much about nor did I play around with him since I kept my 6* one as R1. Gonna try and mess around with it abit and hopefully I'll come to appreciate and enjoy him more.