**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Is this correct Kabam????

A player joined my alliance a few days now. & it’s saying they won’t qualify for the rewards when 10 days are left in the event. Some help please @Kabam Miike

Comments

• Options
    CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    Yes he wont be able to collect anything
  • Options
    Qwerty12345Qwerty12345 Posts: 766 ★★★
    odd... without additional notice, the standing policy has always been 7 days. Exceptions for things like gifting event being 14 were always announced with at least enough notice to know that if you move what you will have to wait for and or lose out on.

This was a total surprise, and should fall in the 7 day category.
  • Options

odd... without additional notice, the standing policy has always been 7 days. Exceptions for things like gifting event being 14 were always announced with at least enough notice to know that if you move what you will have to wait for and or lose out on.

This was a total surprise, and should fall in the 7 day category.

They fail to announce the black out period... They really haven't even addressed it which is shameful, the only thing out there is a confirmation even quoting player's experiences with the black out period...
    On the other hand.. there is a 15 day alliance event ongoing.. why would u leave in the middle of it...
  • Options
    Darksniper240Darksniper240 Posts: 222 ★★★
    Anyone who has played more than a few months should have seen this coming. There are always blackout periods around gifting events and such. If they didn't do this there would be alliance hopping like crazy and you could cycle in alt accounts for easy points.
  • Options

Anyone who has played more than a few months should have seen this coming. There are always blackout periods around gifting events and such. If they didn't do this there would be alliance hopping like crazy and you could cycle in alt accounts for easy points.

See what?.. there was no announcement on the event period..
  • Options
    Coppin said:

It would have been nice for them to announce it, but generally when there are big alliance events, there also are black out periods. Anybody who has gone through a gifting event or any such event could have seen this coming when they announced the alliance event.
  • Options
    MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 3,926 ★★★★★

Coppin said:

It would have been nice for them to announce it, but generally when there are big alliance events, there also are black out periods. Anybody who has gone through a gifting event or any such event could have seen this coming when they announced the alliance event.
    Nobody had an idea what this event even was. There was no reason to believe a blackout period existed that matches the length of the entire event.
  • Options
    edited May 2023

Coppin said:

So in your words... U r stuck in an alliance for all eternity in case a big event might happen..
    I have still 3 days of black out left... The firsts days it was frustrating not knowing if i was gonna get the rewards.. specially seeing the alliance one get past the 10th milestone....seeing threads on the forum from multiple people asking about it.. and NOT 1 OFFICIAL response... The community helped itself... U know how easy it would have been for Kabam just to say.. don't worry u will get your rewards after black out is past... Not a single answer until players figured it out.. and 1 answer about how it was done to avoid exploiting...basically they covered their backs and left us on limbo
    "Anybody who has gone through a gifting event or any such event could have seen this coming when they announced the alliance event." ...
    Except that THEY NEVER ANNOUNCED THE ALLIANCE EVENT
  • Options
    Coppin said:

Coppin said:

So in your words... U r stuck in an alliance for all eternity in case a big event might happen..
    I have still 3 days of black out left... The firsts days it was frustrating not knowing if i was gonna get the rewards.. specially seeing the alliance one get past the 10th milestone....seeing threads on the forum from multiple people asking about it.. and NOT 1 OFFICIAL response... The community helped itself... U know how easy it would have been for Kabam just to say.. don't worry u will get your rewards after black out is past... Not a single answer until players figured it out.. and 1 answer about how it was done to avoid exploiting...basically they covered their backs and left us on limbo
    Not sure where all the hostility is coming from, but as I said it would have been nice for them to announce it. And that is not what I am saying at all. You are not locked into an alliance for eternity, they announced the celebrations weeks ago and noted it would be a big deal.

I was one of the people who guessed there would be an alliance event and made sure I had gotten into my current alliance a few weeks before the start to avoid any blackout. I also had about an hour of cd after the event started and was one of the people letting the community know that milestones were backwards claimable once the timer went over.

Again, I'm not defending kabam, I am just saying next time there's a massive event where they mention purchased items (paragon crystals) get you milestones, assume it will be like the gifting event and have a blackout.
  • Options

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Not sure where all the hostility is coming from, but as I said it would have been nice for them to announce it. And that is not what I am saying at all. You are not locked into an alliance for eternity, they announced the celebrations weeks ago and noted it would be a big deal.

I was one of the people who guessed there would be an alliance event and made sure I had gotten into my current alliance a few weeks before the start to avoid any blackout. I also had about an hour of cd after the event started and was one of the people letting the community know that milestones were backwards claimable once the timer went over.

Again, I'm not defending kabam, I am just saying next time there's a massive event where they mention purchased items (paragon crystals) get you milestones, assume it will be like the gifting event and have a blackout.
    There is no hostility against u.. guessing is not being informed... I left my alliance after war season ended.. there are too many timers nowadays to worry about to have to deal with an Unannounced event.. AW season, AQ, BGs... Xmas and Banquet they let u know almost a month ahead... This was supposed to be the biggest thing for game in years... 7*!!.. and the only info given was the pool and the quest.. nothing about an alliance event..