Options

Unit Store Prices

Comments

• Options
    AshacekarAshacekar Posts: 1,785 ★★★★
    edited May 2023
    From past few days, the unit store has some weird economics. In my local currency, Peter Parker's wallet has the most value per unit of currency now. None of the deals have constant ratio. Odin's one has the worst ratio, highly overpriced.

Before this change, i could see that value increased per unit as the price increased. And Odin's deal did have the best value with the price. Currently all deals have a very random proportion.

If i compare Peter Parker Deal with Odin, to match Odin's price, i can buy peter parker deal 45 times and have more value with 6075 units compared to 3100 as in Odin's actual deal. Currently Peter Parker's deal is in very affordable domain whether done intentionally or unintentionally. Maybe Appstore policies. If it's permanent change then it's good for players.

Is it same economics in all regions? Which offer has best unit value at the moment in your region currently?

• Options
    FrankWhiteFrankWhite Posts: 178 ★★
    For me it is still the Odin with 99,99€

• Options
    edited May 2023

For me it is still the Odin with 99,99€

As per the posts i see, price has only changed in Asia, Europe and Ocenia. The one in screenshot seems as usual. But you seem to be from Europe. Interesting
  • Options
    SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,708 Guardian
    @Kabam Miike (or @Kabam Zibiit , since weekend ?), can you MERGE all these new threads together that are being made this weekend about Unit Store price changes across different Regions.

Thanks to @MrSakuragi (in 1st earlier link above) for screenshot copied below.
    And to @Rick_1 for that Apple site link quoted above too for much more detailed info by Apple.

https://developer.apple.com/news/?id=qzex35ch
    (not sure if Google has done anything similar recently too or not ?)

But from those, appears Apple has expanded the # of Price Points available for Developers to use by nearly 10-fold.

As to individual offers being comparately much different from the other offers (on same screen in game) that what they used to be. (ie, and not going on any specifics, just in theory)…
    If a 1000 Unit offer used to (obviously) cost 2x (with minor bulk discount) of what 500 offer cost.
    But now 1000 offer is much different from 2x of the 500 offer.
    Then I wonder if maybe Apple messed up in maintaining the relativeness of any EXISTING Price Points that Apps have coded their offers as.
    They maybe just made an existing Price Point # be something totally different in scale from a different existing Price Point #.

So 2 things at play here,
    (1) being new Currency Adjustments available to both Developers and Apple themselves. If your offers “across the board” are ALL higher or lower (but in same scale) as before.
    (2) being new Price Points, which may have made the relative cost between offers you see no longer consistent in scale.

• Options
    AlphaZuluAlphaZulu Posts: 2
    This is insane, what got me one Odin last week is now only a BP treasure
  • Options
    AlphaZuluAlphaZulu Posts: 2

From Norway, Odin went from 1090 to 1739!
  • Options
    ItsyaboyStephy05ItsyaboyStephy05 Posts: 128 ★★
    Ashacekar said:

From past few days, the unit store has some weird economics. In my local currency, Peter Parker's wallet has the most value per unit of currency now. None of the deals have constant ratio. Odin's one has the worst ratio, highly overpriced.

Before this change, i could see that value increased per unit as the price increased. And Odin's deal did have the best value with the price. Currently all deals have a very random proportion.

If i compare Peter Parker Deal with Odin, to match Odin's price, i can buy peter parker deal 45 times and have more value with 6075 units compared to 3100 as in Odin's actual deal. Currently Peter Parker's deal is in very affordable domain whether done intentionally or unintentionally. Maybe Appstore policies. If it's permanent change then it's good for players.

Is it same economics in all regions? Which offer has best unit value at the moment in your region currently?

Here in The Netherlands, all offers were increased by exactly 20%, so which offer gives the best value hasn't changed at all. What does intrigued me is that in your screenshot, Peter Parker's wallet is 210 rupees which is roughly 2,34 euros when converted. Peter Parker's wallet here however costs now after the 20% increase 5,99 euros. I understand that the economies of the two countries are extremely different but still very intriguing to see. The Odin doesn't differ that much funnily enough. An Odin here costs 120 euros or 10791 rupees.
  • Options
    DanthexmanDanthexman Posts: 197
    I just looked and we seem to have had a win in Australia. Odin is now $87 compared to (I think it was) around $130 aus.
  • Options
    ChriissRChriissR Posts: 651 ★★★★
    Here in Canada it's an amazing update. Odin was $140 while now it's $100 CDN. Save some money 🤷
  • Options
    Beurky38Beurky38 Posts: 1
    edited May 2023
    ChriissR said:

Here in Canada it's an amazing update. Odin was $140 while now it's $100 CDN. Save some money 🤷

Hummm mine is 129.99 in Canada , Before is 139.99$
  • Options
    H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,880 Guardian
    Beurky38 said:

ChriissR said:

Hummm mine is 129.99 in Canada , Before is 139.99$
    Seems to be inconsistent. Are you on ios?
  • Options
    Another similar cross-linked post had the link over to the Apple announcement. And other thoughts on this.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/335972/economy-of-the-game-changed-without-us-knowing#latest

Apple…
    https://developer.apple.com/news/?id=qzex35ch
  • Options
    Markjv81Markjv81 Posts: 1,003 ★★★★

I just looked and we seem to have had a win in Australia. Odin is now $87 compared to (I think it was) around $130 aus.

Say what? I’m in Australia and my Odin is $149!
  • Options
    Angryneeson52Angryneeson52 Posts: 445 ★★★
    None of my pricing changed.
  • Options
    DanthexmanDanthexman Posts: 197
    Markjv81 said:

Say what? I’m in Australia and my Odin is $149!

• Options

Lol, BEST pic I’ve seen yet about it yet. Did you say that is Australia ? Apple or Google ?
    1450 Units for 50.00
    850 Units for 46.99

Definitely lends toward my hypothesis about a problem with the newly expanded Price Points by Apple I put in the other post linked earlier.
  • Options
    LordSmasherLordSmasher Posts: 1,369 ★★★★★

Lol, BEST pic I’ve seen yet about it yet. Did you say that is Australia ? Apple or Google ?
    1450 Units for 50.00
    850 Units for 46.99

Definitely lends toward my hypothesis about a problem with the newly expanded Price Points by Apple I put in the other post linked earlier.
    That's Google in Australia. Apple is still the old price.
    Not sure what's gone on with Google thou.
  • Options
    phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,708 ★★★★★
    The google price here in Australia is a bunch cheaper than Apple.

I thought about buying an odin with my samsung then showing the wife the ipad when she asks "who spent money on that stupid game???" using the price difference to somehow blame it on the children but they narc'd on me in advance.
  • Options
    AzdefAzdef Posts: 152
    Thanks to multiple posts regarding the prices , all deals which had gone down significantly are up by 60-70% now. Good job guys! Mission accomplished!
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,700 Guardian
    Azdef said:

Thanks to multiple posts regarding the prices , all deals which had gone down significantly are up by 60-70% now. Good job guys! Mission accomplished!

That wasn't kabams doing. All of the price fluctuations are outside of their control
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    Azdef said:

Oops, all back to same price for me as well. It is not higher, it is as it used to be. Just that we were uncertain so needed confirmation. I still feel forum needs a sad/cry react instead of disagree.
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    Pikolu said:

Azdef said:

That wasn't kabams doing. All of the price fluctuations are outside of their control
    Could be that Sundar and Tim are secret community members who saw the posts. Just kidding...
  • Options
    DorkyDorky Posts: 168
    Well mine is 4.99 for 135 units. So Odin is at 99.99. Best deal. Because 135×20 is 2700. So I'm losing value with the wallet. Prices are different in certain areas of the world.
  • Options
    Dorky said:

Well mine is 4.99 for 135 units. So Odin is at 99.99. Best deal. Because 135×20 is 2700. So I'm losing value with the wallet. Prices are different in certain areas of the world.

Update Everyone, prices are fixed now by Apple/Google, they are back to normal. The above is usual price.
    Maybe some mod can close this post. @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit
  • Options
    _Pez__Pez_ Posts: 217 ★★★
    UK android seems most things went up by 6%
  • Options
    KiwimaleKiwimale Posts: 40
    edited May 2023
    Prices haven’t been fixed in New Zealand. We have several guys from New Zealand in the ally and the costs of the unit packs are different for each of us
  • Options
    QuietusDKQuietusDK Posts: 52
    Reporting from Denmark: I saw, across the weekend, a 50% price hike in a PPW, while Odin literally doubled in cost. Now it seems back to normal, but damn. This is highly concerning, especially as no information from Kabam was forthcoming about this...
  • Options
    this has been under discussion. Kabam doesnt control these prices, the Google/Apple app stores do.