Options

Game updating constantly [merged]

Comments

• Options
    BluerexBluerex Posts: 7
    Kabam Jax said:

Hello again, Summoners.

As anticipated, this update did not resolve the issue for all accounts.
    The engineering team has continued to investigate and are requesting additional information for those still impacted by this issue.

• Did you download the new release?
    • What device are you playing on?
    • OS version?
    • Are you on Wifi or Cellular data?
    Yes
    Vivo Y20g
    Android 12
    Cellular data
  • Options
    Ddude13Ddude13 Posts: 3
    Kabam Jax said:

Hello again, Summoners.

As anticipated, this update did not resolve the issue for all accounts.
    The engineering team has continued to investigate and are requesting additional information for those still impacted by this issue.

• Did you download the new release?
    • What device are you playing on?
    • OS version?
    • Are you on Wifi or Cellular data?
    Yes
    Vivo 1951
    Andriod 11
    Cellular data
  • Options
    GoldenDadGoldenDad Posts: 87
    We have three alliance members who currently can’t play due to this issue. They are as up to date as they can. Clearly the issue isn’t fixed.
  • Options
    Kano84Kano84 Posts: 55
    edited May 2023
    @Kabam Miike @kabam jax when the solution
  • Options
    AlejandroflraAlejandroflra Posts: 2
    And will those of us who were affected by that server error be rewarded?
    A lot of time was really wasted trying to get into any game mode and get that loading screen
  • Options
    Ironmark48Ironmark48 Posts: 19
    For real this bug keeps appearing everytime i need to finish a quest 100%
  • Options
    AshuvinuAshuvinu Posts: 31
    I am facing same issue
    I have android realme phone and I downloaded game from playstore but I am facing issue with just hulking
    I got him 2 days ago and unable to upgrade him even
    Help kabam
  • Options
    SuperStrannikSuperStrannik Posts: 47
    How much longer will they try to fix a bug in the game, or you can safely wait until the next update
  • Options

When the solution
  • Options
    InfamousMikeInfamousMike Posts: 70
    edited May 2023
    I've downloaded it from Google play still the same..
    My internet has 500mb and says 21 mins to download fews Mbs
    After 6 year playing and investing a lot of money on this game, today I'm totally disappointment and sad...
    I have tried a lot of friend devices (with android), sometime works fine but booom..freezed and it says a unable to log in error (uninstall and install again, just to play one time with lucky..(I hope I dont get banned for do this)
    If I cant play at the end of this week, I gonna quit his beloved game, finally.. :(

• Options
    Husain22Husain22 Posts: 4
    Same with mines, it just says updating and stays like that.
    Plz help
  • Options
    LastscoutLastscout Posts: 10
    Endless "Updating" in all EQ, Side Quest, and final AQ boss load screens since current EQ and Side Quest released at the end of April.
    Also, cannot upgrade certain champions like Wiccan, or "Updating" screen comes up

New release downloaded on 7 May 23
    Device: OnePlus 9 Pro
    Wifi or Cellular?: It happens on both

I am really frustrated because I can't earn the rewards for EQ or side quest or the special objectives. This is still happening even after the update on 7 May 23. I'm not a whale or anything, but I have spent a few hundred dollars on this game over the years. It's very frustrating to not be able to play in a meaningful way for weeks. More than half the time on this EQ and side quest is gone for the month. What is Kabam going to do to compensate people affected by this bug? @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Porthos @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Lyra
  • Options
    pikapika Posts: 74
    Hopefully, we will get some solutions before AW season starts because some people have to leave alliances if things stay the same.
  • Options
    SupermanGodSupermanGod Posts: 51
    I think this war season has started already.
  • Options
    lolkalolka Posts: 10
    Когда уже исправят эту ошибку.
    Сил нету уже это терпеть.
    Ни где не поиграть.
    Хочется уже забить на эту игру.!!
    Хуавэй Хонор плэй.
    Не работает ни через WiFi, ни через мобильные данные.
  • Options
    KyrianstrykerKyrianstryker Posts: 8

Android MIUI version 14.0.4
  • Options
    Kabam Jax said:

Hey Summoners,

We're investigating this right now.

@druvjoshi @SUPREME77 @Kryptonite1991 and anyone encountering this "updating" wheel/download bar between screens:

Did a reset resolve this issue?

No.
  • Options
    Hard earned Catalysts and ISO are expiring, and no I don't need more Gold, I need a leveled up champ.
  • Options
    SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,769 Guardian
    edited May 2023

Android MIUI version 14.0.4

(and from your other post..)
    Have you always updating the game from the game? I thought we only update the app from the Apple or Google play store

I assume that's either Xiaomi, Redmi, or POCO. (*same issue with Huawei, but think their UI anachronism is something other that MIUI)

See previous page (page-10) of this thread for latest response by Kabam and other user suggestion that seemed to work for some.

Do you actually have Google Play Store App available to use ? (side-loading will not get the latest additional files for 2022-2023 champs)

Even if you do the UPDATE from within the game itself, it's still gonna try to pull the update from the actual Play Store (even though that's not where you did the Update from).
  • Options
    InfamousMikeInfamousMike Posts: 70

I think this war season has started already.

Tomorrow May 17th....
    And we don't know what we are going to do with this situation, if it were a problem on iPhone or a bug that benefits the player, it would already be solved.
  • Options
    CatensCatens Posts: 19
    Hey Kabam it's starts when squirrells special attack 1 invisible dodge to see it. Next starts on new antman tech, and next it on spider supreme
  • Options
    ZiegdudZiegdud Posts: 16
    edited May 2023
    @Pod_guitar @InfamousMike @Bobah4iknog @Pak @SupermanGod @Abahadir @daemonarchd @Lord_Apex666 @nimrodtheless @BADbrad321 @aarongaymex @Jackejfnerj @JigSaw2k19 @SuperStrannik @Krasti @SummonerNR @Moshkid90 @TheParasite @pika @Hydravns @Husain22 @Lastscout @lolka @Kyrianstryker

To anyone experiencing stuck in "updating",

It can be done, but only if you bind your Kabam Account to Google Play Account (that's what i do)

And for you guys without Google Playstore, you have to Install Playstore apk and use third party application on your device.

1. Create Gmail Account
    2. Get Google PlayStore apk, install.
    3. Get apps that have the function of dual apps BUT allow google play system to exist inside the duality (i personally use Parallel App, Multispace cant do this, and yes there will be advertisement when opening apps.)
    4. Open Parallel App, in Parallel App duplicate the Google Playstore installed in Step 2
    5. In Parallel App, open the duplicated Playstore, login to Gmail Account created in Step 1, then search "Marvel Contest of Champions" install from this Parallel App - Playstore.
    6. Open Parallel App - MCOC, tap that you already have account, insert your credential.
    7. Done. Everytime you want to play, open Parallel App, then tap the MCOC.

I do hope a fix so that i could bypass these steps. Hope you guys could at least play using steps above. Godspeed.
  • Options
    NaveedNaveed Posts: 4
    Yes ... its working...
  • Options
    pikapika Posts: 74
    edited May 2023
    Ziegdud said:

1. Create Gmail Account
    3. Get apps that have the function of dual apps BUT allow google play system to exist inside the duality (i personally use Parallel App, Multispace cant do this, and yes there will be advertisement when opening apps.)
    4. Open Parallel App, in Parallel App duplicate the Google Playstore installed in Step 2
    5. In Parallel App, open the duplicated Playstore, login to Gmail Account created in Step 1, then search "Marvel Contest of Champions" install from this Parallel App - Playstore.
    6. Open Parallel App - MCOC, tap that you already have account, insert your credential.

I do hope a fix so that i could bypass these steps. Hope you guys could at least play using steps above. Godspeed.

In my case, I couldn't install the game normally from play store, but as long you made a Play Store copy in Dual App, then register your Google account, you can also just clone the original game and it works.
  • Options
    evenkoaleksevenkoaleks Posts: 2
    Tell me when you find a solution for huawei users
  • Options
    Ziegdud said:

@Pod_guitar @InfamousMike @Bobah4iknog @Pak @SupermanGod @Abahadir @daemonarchd @Lord_Apex666 @nimrodtheless @BADbrad321 @aarongaymex @Jackejfnerj @JigSaw2k19 @SuperStrannik @Krasti @SummonerNR @Moshkid90 @TheParasite @pika @Hydravns @Husain22 @Lastscout @lolka @Kyrianstryker

It can be done, but only if you bind your Kabam Account to Google Play Account (that's what i do)

And for you guys without Google Playstore, you have to Install Playstore apk and use third party application on your device.

1. Create Gmail Account

I do have Google play store. The app works fine, I can play the game.

Its the cloned app that I cant play. Keep getting the Updating Screen
  • Options

Only the cloned app is not working after the latest update. Worked fined before
  • Options
    SuperStrannikSuperStrannik Posts: 47
    Ziegdud said:

1. Create Gmail Account

But these are some kind of churches, developers should fix this, and not suffer by finishing a bunch of applications with ads and from dubious sites
  • Options
    It doesn't work for me, I had already done it, but the game crashes a lot, making it impossible to play
  • Options
    Ironmark48Ironmark48 Posts: 19
    Mission 3 from side quest just released and i still cant play anything🤦🤦 good job kabam