**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Will Kabam intentionally cancel ascension?

RvzRvz Posts: 179 ★★
I’m concerned that kabam might cancel ascension since people are so hyped about 7 stars. They might give up ascension like they did to wish crystal. Ascension could be a marketing strategy to stabilize the community. And if they find out the community is concentrating on 7 stars, esp end game players, they’re probably gonna abolish this system. What you guys think?

Comments

• Options
    TheParasiteTheParasite Posts: 416 ★★
    kabam has plans for everything, but the timeline for it cannot be guaranteed, it is just because of the bugs and fixes happening every update.. something is going wrong every week, so they had to focus the manpower on that particular part which makes the main timeline go off schedule.. just because the bugs are the first priority to be rectified... so it is what it is... they never give up on things but there is no guarantee what it will be on time
  • Options
    FurrymoosenFurrymoosen Posts: 2,225 ★★★★★
    There is currently no significant purpose for Ascension to fulfill. It’s being built to allow rosters (specifically 6* but also to help 4-5* too) maintain efficacy further into the new life of 7*, particularly longer than 5* lasted into the life of 6*. 6* really didn’t drop in value when 7* released. When 7* R3 comes into the game that will start to change. Until then Ascension isn’t really needed, so it should hopefully be quite some time before we need to see it. There’s no real need for an update at this stage, but maybe closer to the end of the year.
  • Options
    Qwerty12345Qwerty12345 Posts: 766 ★★★
    Well.. since Kabam said they were coming... and for people to still rank up their favorite 4, 5,6 and 6 stars: then I'd say rank down tickets would be in order.

I would love 1 r5->r4 rank down ticket... and rank down my QS and invest those resources towards a science R2 rankup of Hulk or Titania.
  • Options
    TyphoonTyphoon Posts: 1,751 ★★★★★
    Coming Soon!
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

I just saw a slide deck about Ascension last week, so...

Powerpoint is proof they are killing the game! Everyone, they're using Powerpoint!?!?!?!?! Noooooooooooo!!!! Next we'll find out the use Microsoft Word tables, one of the most evil software elements ever invented.

That's it. I'm going back to tic tac toe.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,039 ★★★★★

It would be the silliest move if they did.

"Everyone" was against 7-stars and relics. They still added anywhere, disregarding the feedback. They introduced the problem first, with a promise of a "solution" later on with ascension.

Ascension was the only somewhat good feature there, as long as it can't be monetized that it. Taking that away now would make the introduction of 7-stars and relics pointless, as they are taking away their own solution to it

What exactly is/was the problem you're referring to with 7*'s and Relics?
  • Options
    FiiNCHFiiNCH Posts: 1,664 ★★★★★

Kabam Jax said:

Powerpoint is proof they are killing the game! Everyone, they're using Powerpoint!?!?!?!?! Noooooooooooo!!!! Next we'll find out the use Microsoft Word tables, one of the most evil software elements ever invented.

Some shoddy banter on display here
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★
    FiiNCH said:

Kabam Jax said:

Some shoddy banter on display here
    Everyone's a critic.
  • Options
    GrieferMadnessGrieferMadness Posts: 109
    Methinks (mehopes?) ascension is likely to come for 5*s before it comes for 6*s. My Quake is dying over here.
  • Options
    BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,283 ★★★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

It said, "RE: Ascension - We're definitely intentionally cancelling this!"

😂
    It'll come when it comes. In the meantime, who's getting the next rework? Is it finally BPCW's time to shine?
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,249 ★★★★★

kabam has plans for everything, but the timeline for it cannot be guaranteed, it is just because of the bugs and fixes happening every update.. something is going wrong every week, so they had to focus the manpower on that particular part which makes the main timeline go off schedule.. just because the bugs are the first priority to be rectified... so it is what it is... they never give up on things but there is no guarantee what it will be on time

To contest your statement I submit one word: Bases
    They had a number of ideas and directions, and couldn't settle on anything that did them justice so they kiboshed them. There was still thought and work put into them.
  • Options
    ShoNuff29ShoNuff29 Posts: 416 ★★★
    18sae56 said:

I'm still waiting for these new masteries to unlock.

Lol. Still waiting on Dual Mastery setup, but honestly, at this point, I’d just be ecstatic if we could have 5 more mastery points at our disposal.
  • Options
    ShoNuff29ShoNuff29 Posts: 416 ★★★
    DNA3000 said:

ItsDamien said:

DNA3000 said:

It would be the silliest move if they did.

"Everyone" was against 7-stars and relics. They still added anywhere, disregarding the feedback. They introduced the problem first, with a promise of a "solution" later on with ascension.

Ascension was the only somewhat good feature there, as long as it can't be monetized that it. Taking that away now would make the introduction of 7-stars and relics pointless, as they are taking away their own solution to it

The mental gymnastics exhibited here is truly astounding.
    You forget that the former guardian only thinks about themselves and how monetisation is always bad all the time.
    Hard to forget actually. But beyond that, 7* rarity is not a "problem" looking for a "solution." 7* rarity is an eventuality, and ascension is a bridge mechanism. That bridge mechanism will have very little impact if any until a) more players have the opportunity to rank up 6* champs to rank 5 and b) the ability to rank 7* champs to rank 3 actually exists.

Since the purpose is to extend the overlap of 6* and 7* champs a little without simply increasing the overlap in ranks (which would itself be defeating the purpose of adding 7* rarity into the game) and since 6* and 7* champs currently overlap completely as it is (until rank 3 becomes reality 6* r4 ~ 7* r1 and 6* r5 ~ 7* r2) Ascension still has time to be implemented.

7* rarity was going to be here, with or without Ascension. 7* rarity is the must have. Ascension is the nice to have. And anyone who thinks Ascension "solves" the "problem" of 7* champs apparently hasn't noticed the fact that 7* champs have six ranks.

My guess would be ascension keeps 6*s relevant up to 7*r4 … since a 6*r5 is stronger than r1, then in theory a 6*r6 will be stronger than a 7*r2… then r3 becomes the separator but not enough to make you hate your 6*s… then r4 hits and our 6*s just become arena fodder lol
  • Options
    iDestroyerZiDestroyerZ Posts: 661 ★★★★
    Meanwhile i just want to see Galactus Raid :( it was talked about in 2021 roadmap