**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

is a 5* herc worth ranking when your (almost) thronebreaker?

i'm actually just shy of thronebreaker, just need to complete act 6.4.6. i have 119 6* champs and don't really mess with many 5*'s anymore unless i need quake or to double up with doom. i just got a 5* herc and used an extra cosmic AG on him. is he with ranking to r5? i don't have him as a 6* yet. in fact i don't have that many good cosmic 6* champs. or should i just concentrate on ranking 6*'s to r2 and r3 and keep crossing my fingers for a 6* herc?

Comments

• Options
    Manup456Manup456 Posts: 887 ★★★★
    Duped 5* max sig Herc got me a legend title in that incisions event, but I do have a max sig r4 6* now but he can still do some good things for you until you get the 6* version.
  • Options
    noclutchnoclutch Posts: 186 ★★
    I am paragon, this month I took my 5 star herc up to pair him with thor and 6 star herc for incursions.
    Definitely a resource saver.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ★★★★
    I'm newly Thronebreaker and I'd say it depends, honestly. I use my 5* Herc a lot, but I don't think there's ever been a fight I've taken with him that I couldn't have done with someone else on my roster. He might get fights done quicker and a little easier, but other than that, you're better off with some decent rank 2 or 3 6*s.
  • Options
    Wolviex81Wolviex81 Posts: 62
    i ranked him to r4 but i wasnt sure about using t5's on him for r5. i still have 6* champs like havok, caiw (unduped), aegon (unduped), sersi, overseer (unduped), stryfe, quicksilver, sitting at r1 and even better champs sitting at r2 that i think would be really great at r3. this is the only viable herc that i have and i've heard so much about how great he is but never got a chance to play him.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ★★★★
    Wolviex81 said:

i ranked him to r4 but i wasnt sure about using t5's on him for r5. i still have 6* champs like havok, caiw (unduped), aegon (unduped), sersi, overseer (unduped), stryfe, quicksilver, sitting at r1 and even better champs sitting at r2 that i think would be really great at r3. this is the only viable herc that i have and i've heard so much about how great he is but never got a chance to play him.

I'm in the same position as you and I'd honestly recommend just leaving him at r4. He's good enough at rank 4 to get through content, and your 6*s seem good enough to get through most of the content you need. Wasting resources on him might benefit you for now, but act 7 gives a major buff to 6*s. You're better off just investing in your 6* roster.
  • Options
    LBN1LBN1 Posts: 186 ★★
    Yes, my 5 star Herc is used in AQ every week. Plus he is easy to max sig.
  • Options
    I_tell_no_tales_1I_tell_no_tales_1 Posts: 1,189 ★★★★
    Rank him up
    Considering you don't have a 6*
    A 5* will save many revives in content like EOP
    And even when you get the 6*
    You can pair both up alongwith another champion to deal with mystics and cruise through incursions
  • Options
    Caleb1705Caleb1705 Posts: 243 ★★
    Paragon player here, my 5* character carried me through so much content as a TB and I still use him almost every day in AQ to keep my 6* free. Definitely worth the rank up, especially if that's your highest rarity.
  • Options
    KnightOfTheRealmKnightOfTheRealm Posts: 885 ★★★
    Yeah he's good for AQ. Pretty mid outside of that as a 5*.
  • Options
    MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    I have a 6R4 and 5R5, and I use the 5* in AQ to free my 6* for war. If you don’t have the 6* there’s definitely a place for him in your roster.
  • Options
    JChanceH9JChanceH9 Posts: 789 ★★★
    Max rank Hercules at any star rarity. I’ve got a 5/65 6* and I wouldn’t feel bad about maxing the lower ones just on the off chance there is a star gated event in the future.
  • Options
    NoıreNoıre Posts: 80
    JChanceH9 said:

Max rank Hercules at any star rarity. I’ve got a 5/65 6* and I wouldn’t feel bad about maxing the lower ones just on the off chance there is a star gated event in the future.

I agree with this but I'd also like to add that I'd still rank a 5* version for AQ purposes alone. I have a 6* R5 herc as well, but i rather throw in my 5* version in AQ to save the 6* for other content.
  • Options
    JT_SupremeJT_Supreme Posts: 830 ★★★★
    I used him for most of carina challenges in eop and some gauntlet as a 5 star, so I think he’s definitely worth a rank up
  • Options
    Real_Madrid_76_2Real_Madrid_76_2 Posts: 3,315 ★★★★★
    Herc is prob the best champ in game so even a 5 star version wont be a doubt to rank up
  • Options
    Mknight123Mknight123 Posts: 276 ★★★
    A 5* herc is better than no herc.
    I'm not far off thronebreaker and still use my 5* so yes he's absolutely worth it.
  • Options
    TP33TP33 Posts: 1,595 ★★★★
    depends what you want to do. if you intend on doing eternity of pain he’s absolutely worth it, if not he’s still solid but as you say, a good R2/R3 6* will do the job. however he is only a 5*, and ranking him up is relatively cheap (especially if you’re nearly a thronebreaker). he will definitely work his way through a lot of act 7 and act 8 and will serve you well for now. i would rank him up personally, but it’s up to you, and if you see a better alternative as a 6*, go for it, it’s always better to think long run.
  • Options
    JChanceH9JChanceH9 Posts: 789 ★★★
    JChanceH9 said:

Coincidentally I pulled the 5* this morning and immediately remembered this thread.
  • Options
    11993451199345 Posts: 370 ★★★
    Paragon here with r4 6* Herc...will absolutely be 5/65ing my 5* next...

Dude's just that good...