**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Need help bargaining with dormammu

raviXsharmaraviXsharma Posts: 520 ★★★

Act 8.1.1, I can't get past this dormammu even with my torch. The degen melts my torch and fighting without dexing is not practical. I don't have non-buff champs that can incinerate or shock this dormammu. Any suggestions for this?

Comments

• Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,658 Guardian
    You can use spiderham and just MM or MLM while dormammu is stunned. He has innate degen resistance and you will just have to worry dexing every 11th hit. Or you can use any buff immune and do the same
  • Options
    TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    Torch without pre-fight should be a nuke. Don't use the pre-fight as you want the incinerated to not be passive.

Also, practice moving back without triggering dex before specials, just like you would against ebony maw SP1s.

If need be, bust out the boosts to take him down faster and stick to the MLM or MH or just H to keep up the petrifies and let Dorm kill himself off faster.

Or, do you Quake?
  • Options
    I_tell_no_tales_1I_tell_no_tales_1 Posts: 1,188 ★★★★
    edited May 2023

Act 8.1.1, I can't get past this dormammu even with my torch. The degen melts my torch and fighting without dexing is not practical. I don't have non-buff champs that can incinerate or shock this dormammu. Any suggestions for this?

If you have QS then use him
    Otherwise try to power through with someone like scorpion or sunspot
  • Options
    JChanceH9JChanceH9 Posts: 785 ★★★
    Any champ that can shock or incinerate easy should work fine. Just intercept as much as you can, and try to dodge his specials early so you don’t trigger dex. These are pretty standard skills to have attempting this level of content.

If you need more reliability intercepting, use the Nick/Quake synergy.

Kitty with Tigra synergy will clap.
  • Options
    Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★

@raviXsharma do you have Spot?

Spot's prefight would make Torch buff immune when he knocks Dorm down, which will mean he gets a lot fewer Dex buffs.

This works, but you get just the one try!

I assume you are doing parry/heavy etc to build up temp and smolder before you start having to dex specials, and all that?

Also, don’t forget there is a kind of a pain in the butt Mr negative after this.