**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

What did you do with your 7* shards?

Comments

• doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,716 ★★★
    Already opened all 7* crystals
    It basically boils down to whether or not u like the heroes available.

Personally, I think g99 is great for max double suicide. Her regen is exceptional.
    I got Sauron and awakened him.
    He's also great for defense for max double suicide.
  • Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★

Emilia90 said:

Emilia90 said:

Still can’t believe so many rushed out to open their 7* crystals when none of the champs are God Tier.. lol..

I don’t think anyone rushed to open anything. Some people like some of the champs here. When 6* came out, the pool was pretty mediocre, but people still opened 6* crystals then. There’s tons of good champs, maybe not top of the game or “god-tier” but good champs.
    Well the poll currently stands at 17-1 .. me being the only one who still haven’t opened anything.

I guess I’m the most patient here.
    I don’t understand your point here. Some people here opened 7* because there are good champs in there. Seems like you’re just assuming that everyone is impatient and opened them just cause.
    There’s a well known experiment where kids are given 1 candy and told they can open it now or get 2 candy if they wait.

In that experiment most just open the 1. But kids with higher iQs tend to wait to get 2.

Take from that what you will..
    Opening them now rewards you with paragon crystals, from where i pulled other 7*s, as well as rank-up mats, more 7* shards and, in my case, 2 t6ccs (3 possibly by tomorrow).

Opening them later rewards you with a 7*.

Take from will what that you...
    This week Proff Hoff showed an opening of 156 Paragon crystals that resulted in 1x 7*

Take from that what you will.
    Here's 2 of mine.

WHAT
    Nice. I think I’ve pulled three from paragons now? Maybe it’s four? I have 10 champs, one duped, and I think I’ve only opened 7 crystals. It’s been a crazy week, lol. It’s been a crazy week.
  • Luke9523Luke9523 Posts: 898 ★★★
    Other...

Still waiting to get 10k shards to get my first 7*!! 🤣
    I've got almost 9k shards, so almost there!
  • RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,684 ★★★★★
    I really rate most of the champs in the pool.
    I had Gambit and Spider-Gwen at R3 way before 7-stars were released.
    My first 7-star pull was Gwen, second was Bishop; and frankly I’m delighted.
    The way I see it, we have a chance to rank up and learn new champions and create our own meta instead of going mainstream.
  • MasterAMasterA Posts: 447 ★★★
    Don’t even have enough 2k off
  • Giantwalrus56Giantwalrus56 Posts: 596 ★★★

Emilia90 said:

Emilia90 said:

Still can’t believe so many rushed out to open their 7* crystals when none of the champs are God Tier.. lol..

I don’t think anyone rushed to open anything. Some people like some of the champs here. When 6* came out, the pool was pretty mediocre, but people still opened 6* crystals then. There’s tons of good champs, maybe not top of the game or “god-tier” but good champs.
    Well the poll currently stands at 17-1 .. me being the only one who still haven’t opened anything.

I don’t understand your point here. Some people here opened 7* because there are good champs in there. Seems like you’re just assuming that everyone is impatient and opened them just cause.
    There’s a well known experiment where kids are given 1 candy and told they can open it now or get 2 candy if they wait.

In that experiment most just open the 1. But kids with higher iQs tend to wait to get 2.

Opening them now rewards you with paragon crystals, from where i pulled other 7*s, as well as rank-up mats, more 7* shards and, in my case, 2 t6ccs (3 possibly by tomorrow).

Opening them later rewards you with a 7*.

Take from will what that you...
    This week Proff Hoff showed an opening of 156 Paragon crystals that resulted in 1x 7*

Take from that what you will.
    Of course you watch Prof Hoff as well.
    Wanted to say same thing. He's following his idol with their gaslighting ways...
  • BigBusterBigBuster Posts: 290 ★★★
    Opening your 7*s is objectively the best choice you can make because a 7* crystal right now is more valuable than a 7* a few months in the future (remember how rare 6*s used to be?). And the solo event rewards make it even more valuable. This is probably gonna be the most 7*s available to us in a month for a while.
  • Justin2524Justin2524 Posts: 1,626 ★★★★
    Keeping them for better champs in the 7* pool
    For those needing more encouragements to open a 7* crystal…

https://youtu.be/PylOxUU9FQE
  • MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 3,712 ★★★★★

Imagine hoarding your shards only to pull the champs from the original pool in 6 months...

Or waiting for god tiers to join the pool in a lot longer than 6 months, not realizing the amount of trash that will be in there when they join
  • Giantwalrus56Giantwalrus56 Posts: 596 ★★★

Apparently you aren't capable of forming your own opinions... you're a sad human.

• OrtounOrtoun Posts: 520 ★★★

I just had enough for one and opened... Poof domino

Congrats.. but for every 1 Domino there are many Gambits, Hawkeyes, and Wongs,.. etc.
    Wong is actually really fun to play, and with the improved power gain from being a 7 star, it will be a ton easier to keep his spells up, was actually hoping for wong from my 2 pulls, but got sassy and storm x.

Even BG wasn't that disappointed. So since you're an expert, why is War Machine a bad pull?
    LOL.. yeah BG was ecstatic!
    Ortoun said:

Congrats.. but for every 1 Domino there are many Gambits, Hawkeyes, and Wongs,.. etc.
    Wong is actually really fun to play, and with the improved power gain from being a 7 star, it will be a ton easier to keep his spells up, was actually hoping for wong from my 2 pulls, but got sassy and storm x.
    And you’re ecstatic for getting Sassy and Storm X , amirite?
    DNA3000 said:

Emilia90 said:

Emilia90 said:

It tells me you judge circumstances based on too superficial information.

There were a series of psychological experiments conducted in the 1970s similar to what you're describing above. They were not intended to show any correlation between intelligence and the ability to withhold gratification. They were instead structured to see what sort of things would *help* children delay gratification to get the rewards they wanted. Its was follow up studies that seemed to show, long after the fact, that the children who were able to delay gratification for longer periods of time were more likely to have academic and economic success in their later life.

However, those studies were conducted with relatively few children and did not control for a variety of socioeconomic factors that were not seen as relevant to the intent of the study, which was not to show who could hold out holder and who couldn't. It was to see what would help people hold out longer overall.

This is important, because those studies were challenged in the 1990s and the 2000s. It occurred to later scientists that the apocryphal explanation for the results - smarter people are also more disciplined people - was not the only possible explanation. There was another, the so-called trust issue. If you tell a child you can have one now or two later, why should they trust that you are telling them the truth? It is a perfectly reasonable logical thought process to decide the bird in the hand was worth more than the possibility of two later.

If you come from someone from a very secure economic background, as a child you might simply assume anything an adult tells you is the truth. In that case, you are deciding between one cookie and two. But if you come from a family where parental employment is sketchy, where food security is problematic, where nothing is assured, then when offered the choice between one cookie now and maybe two later, you might decide the one cookie now is the better choice, because the *odds* of getting two cookies later is simply too low. And later attempts to replicate these studies with larger numbers of children across a wide cross section of the socioeconomic range have suggested that self-discipline is not always strongly correlated with intelligence or later success. It is often more strongly correlated with backgrounds conducive to trust experimenters.

The lesson here is that before you use information, you should be certain you fully understand the nature of the information you're incorporating into your decisions. KT1 himself is very careful to offer that disclaimer when it comes to his tier list. Its a thing he does for fun, and something he thinks can be helpful as a reference to others, but even he is very careful to state that making decisions, like holding on to 7* shards indefinitely, purely on the basis of his tier list would be a bad idea. And keep in mind he's opening crystals based on the same judgment he is using to construct the tier list. KT1 believes his tier list is not a good reason to not open crystals.

Oh, and one more thing:

Resources are limited so I tend to rank up and use only god tier champs with a few exceptions.

One of the benefits of opening 7* crystals is that none of those champs needs to be "ranked up." Every single one of those champions is in effect the rough equivalent of a 6* rank 4 straight out of the box, for the price of some ISO and gold. No catalysts required. Unless you have a ton of R4s, most players could use a few more champs of that caliber, and opening a 7* crystal has a decent chance of granting a useful one that requires no catalysts to be immediately useful without having to expend any expensive catalysts to rank them up.
    Would you ever use a *7 Hawkeye over a R4 Nick Fury?

Be honest.

Even BG wasn't that disappointed. So since you're an expert, why is War Machine a bad pull?
    LOL.. yeah BG was ecstatic!
    Did I say he was? I said he wasn't that disappointed.

And you skirt the question I asked or are you waiting on KT1 to tell you all about War Machine?
    You love War Machine? I don’t. I’d rather rank up other techs over him.

Nimrod, Warlock, Penni.. or even Hulkbuster.

What rank is your 6* War machine?

Ortoun said:

And you’re ecstatic for getting Sassy and Storm X , amirite?
    I very much like my Storm X.
    Good for you.
This discussion has been closed.