**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

What did you do with your 7* shards?

Comments

• AshacekarAshacekar Posts: 1,760 ★★★★
    Already opened all 7* crystals
    Life is to enjoy every moment. Don't wait. There would never be the "best" champ in 7* pool.
  • Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★

Lovejoy72 said:

Lovejoy72 said:

Lovejoy72 said:

For those needing more encouragements to open a 7* crystal…

https://youtu.be/PylOxUU9FQE

Even BG wasn't that disappointed. So since you're an expert, why is War Machine a bad pull?
    LOL.. yeah BG was ecstatic!
    Did I say he was? I said he wasn't that disappointed.

And you skirt the question I asked or are you waiting on KT1 to tell you all about War Machine?
    You love War Machine? I don’t. I’d rather rank up other techs over him.

Nimrod, Warlock, Penni.. or even Hulkbuster.

What rank is your 6* War machine?
    Mines R3, and his prefights make all those other champs you mentioned much better. He can also strip prowess off the sp1 and armor break on sp2, a combination of abilities none of those other champs have. And as a 7*, he can win harder fights, meaning you can recover those prefights to use on nimrod when only nimrod will do (giving nimrod energy resist and cleanse charges makes bishop less annoying).
    Well like I’d said, BG was soooooooo very ecstatic to get him it showed all over his face.
    I don’t understand why you’re using Brian Grant as part of your argument? He opened his crystals. The list of champs he wanted from the Crystal was much larger than the list of champs he didn’t. He clearly disagrees with you on this?
    Cos we started talking about War Machine because of the BG’s clip.
    Just remember that Brian is really only doing battlegrounds. He doesn’t currently care about any other part of the game. The 7 stars that he wants are ones that fit into his plan for that content. His disappointment is reflective of that. But he will still open those crystals, and he will still be thrilled if he gets the champs he’s looking for (Titania, gorr, etc). If someone were to go watch his videos, your position would not be supported by anything he says.
    Brian Grant isn’t only doing battlegrounds.
    I admit, he did change direction on his channel a few days ago. For months now he has been in a battlegrounds only alliance, and was doing no other content. But after this last season, he’s taking some kind of a break from it.
  • HungaryHippoHungaryHippo Posts: 773 ★★★★

Every 7* you have is another r4+ champ to use in those fights that require zero mats to rank.

This. When you were about to rank up 6* dragon man and pull one from the 7* pool!
  • TheWatcher_TheWatcher_ Posts: 153
    What a fool. After what everyone said in this

DNA3000 said:

Emilia90 said:

Emilia90 said:

Still can’t believe so many rushed out to open their 7* crystals when none of the champs are God Tier.. lol..

I don’t think anyone rushed to open anything. Some people like some of the champs here. When 6* came out, the pool was pretty mediocre, but people still opened 6* crystals then. There’s tons of good champs, maybe not top of the game or “god-tier” but good champs.
    Well the poll currently stands at 17-1 .. me being the only one who still haven’t opened anything.

I guess I’m the most patient here.
    I don’t understand your point here. Some people here opened 7* because there are good champs in there. Seems like you’re just assuming that everyone is impatient and opened them just cause.
    There’s a well known experiment where kids are given 1 candy and told they can open it now or get 2 candy if they wait.

In that experiment most just open the 1. But kids with higher iQs tend to wait to get 2.

Take from that what you will..
    It tells me you judge circumstances based on too superficial information.

There were a series of psychological experiments conducted in the 1970s similar to what you're describing above. They were not intended to show any correlation between intelligence and the ability to withhold gratification. They were instead structured to see what sort of things would *help* children delay gratification to get the rewards they wanted. Its was follow up studies that seemed to show, long after the fact, that the children who were able to delay gratification for longer periods of time were more likely to have academic and economic success in their later life.

However, those studies were conducted with relatively few children and did not control for a variety of socioeconomic factors that were not seen as relevant to the intent of the study, which was not to show who could hold out holder and who couldn't. It was to see what would help people hold out longer overall.

This is important, because those studies were challenged in the 1990s and the 2000s. It occurred to later scientists that the apocryphal explanation for the results - smarter people are also more disciplined people - was not the only possible explanation. There was another, the so-called trust issue. If you tell a child you can have one now or two later, why should they trust that you are telling them the truth? It is a perfectly reasonable logical thought process to decide the bird in the hand was worth more than the possibility of two later.

If you come from someone from a very secure economic background, as a child you might simply assume anything an adult tells you is the truth. In that case, you are deciding between one cookie and two. But if you come from a family where parental employment is sketchy, where food security is problematic, where nothing is assured, then when offered the choice between one cookie now and maybe two later, you might decide the one cookie now is the better choice, because the *odds* of getting two cookies later is simply too low. And later attempts to replicate these studies with larger numbers of children across a wide cross section of the socioeconomic range have suggested that self-discipline is not always strongly correlated with intelligence or later success. It is often more strongly correlated with backgrounds conducive to trust experimenters.

The lesson here is that before you use information, you should be certain you fully understand the nature of the information you're incorporating into your decisions. KT1 himself is very careful to offer that disclaimer when it comes to his tier list. Its a thing he does for fun, and something he thinks can be helpful as a reference to others, but even he is very careful to state that making decisions, like holding on to 7* shards indefinitely, purely on the basis of his tier list would be a bad idea. And keep in mind he's opening crystals based on the same judgment he is using to construct the tier list. KT1 believes his tier list is not a good reason to not open crystals.

Oh, and one more thing:

Resources are limited so I tend to rank up and use only god tier champs with a few exceptions.

One of the benefits of opening 7* crystals is that none of those champs needs to be "ranked up." Every single one of those champions is in effect the rough equivalent of a 6* rank 4 straight out of the box, for the price of some ISO and gold. No catalysts required. Unless you have a ton of R4s, most players could use a few more champs of that caliber, and opening a 7* crystal has a decent chance of granting a useful one that requires no catalysts to be immediately useful without having to expend any expensive catalysts to rank them up.
    Would you ever use a *7 Hawkeye over a R4 Nick Fury?

Be honest.
    Me personally, I'd use both. They are both pretty yeah nick is better but hawkeye is not bad to, a solid Thing counter as well. Not every champ in the 7* pull is bad because they have there uses. Stop taking what your seeing on Youtube into belief because you may never know who YOU would get. Don't worry about what other people got. Everyone's luck is different.
  • GeneralMerceGeneralMerce Posts: 236 ★★

Emilia90 said:

Emilia90 said:

I’ve only opened 2 so far. I think there are some decent champs in the pool that I personally really love. Bishop, Chavez, Overseer, and a couple others are pretty good pulls imo. Not sure how long it’ll take for more champs to be added and I’m still focusing on 6* more right now. Opening 7* will also help me fully exploring the 7* quest and get more shards so I’m probably going to open some until I get to 5

Good that you like those champs.. I don’t.. I personally haven’t even ranked up my 6* Bishop, Chavez, Overseer..

The only good one I want is Domino but the chance of getting 1-2 champs isn’t enticing.
    Have you tried them out? There’s some great gameplay of Bishop and Chavez out there and Overseer is great in war. Bishop and Chavez are good dual use champs and they can take a lot of tough fights in battlegrounds
    kT1 made a 7* tier list and none of the champs made “God Tier”.

Plus 7* shards are really hard to come by so I’m not wasting them at a chance of us-god tier champs.
    KT1 must have never played with or doesn't know how to use a 7* hulk then lol
  • Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★

Emilia90 said:

Emilia90 said:

I’ve only opened 2 so far. I think there are some decent champs in the pool that I personally really love. Bishop, Chavez, Overseer, and a couple others are pretty good pulls imo. Not sure how long it’ll take for more champs to be added and I’m still focusing on 6* more right now. Opening 7* will also help me fully exploring the 7* quest and get more shards so I’m probably going to open some until I get to 5

Good that you like those champs.. I don’t.. I personally haven’t even ranked up my 6* Bishop, Chavez, Overseer..

The only good one I want is Domino but the chance of getting 1-2 champs isn’t enticing.
    Have you tried them out? There’s some great gameplay of Bishop and Chavez out there and Overseer is great in war. Bishop and Chavez are good dual use champs and they can take a lot of tough fights in battlegrounds

Plus 7* shards are really hard to come by so I’m not wasting them at a chance of us-god tier champs.
    Oddly, KT1 doesn’t even use that terminology. But if you look at how the terminology is used comparably in some of the more famous tier lists, he absolutely called several “god” tier. Several of the champs in the seven star pool are what he considers “meta”. What he actually said is that none of them are what are considered the very Tippedy top of their class in the game. None of them are Hercules, Nick, etc. Which we all knew. He does, however, have the best of them on the same level as knull, Diablo, Mr.F etc. And most of them at the Corvus, Toad, Sigil Witch level.
  • ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,533 ★★★★★

Emilia90 said:

Emilia90 said:

I think that's the one he wants that he didn't get, of course.
  • MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 3,918 ★★★★★
    edited May 2023

Emilia90 said:

Emilia90 said:

Still can’t believe so many rushed out to open their 7* crystals when none of the champs are God Tier.. lol..

I don’t think anyone rushed to open anything. Some people like some of the champs here. When 6* came out, the pool was pretty mediocre, but people still opened 6* crystals then. There’s tons of good champs, maybe not top of the game or “god-tier” but good champs.
    Well the poll currently stands at 17-1 .. me being the only one who still haven’t opened anything.

I don’t understand your point here. Some people here opened 7* because there are good champs in there. Seems like you’re just assuming that everyone is impatient and opened them just cause.
    There’s a well known experiment where kids are given 1 candy and told they can open it now or get 2 candy if they wait.

In that experiment most just open the 1. But kids with higher iQs tend to wait to get 2.

Opening them now rewards you with paragon crystals, from where i pulled other 7*s, as well as rank-up mats, more 7* shards and, in my case, 2 t6ccs (3 possibly by tomorrow).

Opening them later rewards you with a 7*.

Take from will what that you...
    This week Proff Hoff showed an opening of 156 Paragon crystals that resulted in 1x 7*

Take from that what you will.
    Ah you’re a prof hoff fan.
    Explains everything
    It’s wild that people will watch a video of someone else opening 156 crystals. lol
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 3,890 ★★★★★

I just had enough for one and opened... Poof domino

Congrats.. but for every 1 Domino there are many Gambits, Hawkeyes, and Wongs,.. etc.
    That's exactly my point,for every domino there is wongs,gambit or hawkeye,not ironfist,cyclops or karnak.. the 7* pool is great,80% champs r above avg,nd rest r avg,in future, you have to draw between galan nd groot,nd we all most of us get groot over galan,so just open before trash champs r added
    BigBlueOx said:

Emilia90 said:

Emilia90 said:

Titania the god Queen says your wrong. Just her in the pool has me all in. Bishop is arguably the top of the mutant class for BGs right now. Wiccan has one of the most OP mechanics in the game, Korg is a god tier defender, Shuri is about to to be the Abyss Queen…

Slavishly waiting for somebody else’s “god tier” champ to make the cut doesn’t make you smarter than anybody little lamb
    Don't forget domino,sunspot,elsa,falcon,hulk,america chavez,gorr,venom, Gully99... I can happily r2 these champs... The worst option in pool,acc to me,are korg sauron (insane bg defenders) nd vtd(incursions boom). This pool is a huge W

Depends where people are at in the game. If you’re struggling with content, you probably want the god tiers. I have 6* Herc, CGR, Galan etc. I don’t use them outside of BGs.

I’m having a ton of fun with my 7r1 Mantis. That’s what counts. Kabam did a great job of picking clearly underrated champs. Not sure why people want Domino and Bishop when other champs have so much utility and are way more fun.

Personally, SpiderGwen, Hawkeye, and other champs I’d never r4 or r5 are the ones I wanted.

+1.. I feel there is no wrong with ppl wanting domino or bishop(I pulled a domino nd trust me,you don't understand the feeling unless you pu one too),but the champ picked are great choice by kabam,spidygwen is insanely useful,titania nd chavez,wiccan mantis all r underrated,but as a 6* we tend to upgrade mostly god tiers, but as 7*s we can have the fun of titania nd Wiccan with iso nd gold only.I wish kabam should continue adding such utility champs b4 adding beyond god tiers
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,136 ★★★★★
    Lovejoy72 said:

Emilia90 said:

Emilia90 said:

Oddly, KT1 doesn’t even use that terminology. But if you look at how the terminology is used comparably in some of the more famous tier lists, he absolutely called several “god” tier. Several of the champs in the seven star pool are what he considers “meta”. What he actually said is that none of them are what are considered the very Tippedy top of their class in the game. None of them are Hercules, Nick, etc. Which we all knew. He does, however, have the best of them on the same level as knull, Diablo, Mr.F etc. And most of them at the Corvus, Toad, Sigil Witch level.
    Exactly - he misunderstood & misrepresented KT1's video.

I'm personally happy with my 7r2 Bishop and 7r2 OG Hulk. My new "6r4" G2099 saves me from further ranking up my actual 6r2, and my "6r4" hawkeye does the same for my 6r2 who was never getting any cats. The only one i pulled who I need duped is a 7* Domino (alreayd had a 6r4 sig 180) - but she will still be good on attack with synergy.
  • Justin2524Justin2524 Posts: 1,626 ★★★★
    Keeping them for better champs in the 7* pool
    LoL ..

It’s really funny reading people saying Hawkeyes are useful when given the chance they’d rather have pulled a King Pin (if they’re truly honest).

But they’re not.

@Justin2524 perhaps you could share your profile/roster so that you can show where you currently stand to have such interesting opinions.

Paragon with multiple rank 4s and limited resources and not a whale, hence being prudent with the decision to save the shards for better champs.
    NearJr said:

Posting in a legendary thread

Thanks man.
  • HungaryHippoHungaryHippo Posts: 773 ★★★★

LoL ..

It’s really funny reading people saying Hawkeyes are useful when given the chance they’d rather have pulled a King Pin (if they’re truly honest).

But they’re not.

You’re doing to get 7* Blue Cyclops before you get Kingpin.

LoL ..

But they’re not.

You’re doing to get 7* Blue Cyclops before you get Kingpin.
    Well there is ZERO chance of getting a King Pin from the current pool.

Even if you’re Domino, 100% of Zero is still ZERO.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,018 ★★★★★

LoL ..

But they’re not.

Please, please stop convoluting your opinion vs everyone else's opinion. People like champs outside of what you think are God tier champs. Hawkeye has his place in this game whether you believe he does or doesn't. People can like Hawkeye and prefer using Hawkeye over Kingpin if they'd like too. It doesn't diminish your playing experience

My favorite champion in this game is Silver Centurion currently. Is he better than Nimrod or OS? Debatable but they each do different things. I choose to use him whenever I can as often as I can because I like his play style. You'll say he's bad or whatever but your opinion literally shouldn't matter.

You don't get to tell people their champs that they like playing aren't good enough. Tier lists are completely opinion based a steeped in bias.

You should broaden your view. I highly doubt you're even out of act 5. You won't post your roster or anything.

Gogi said:

BigBlueOx said:

BigBlueOx said:

Emilia90 said:

Emilia90 said:

Titania the god Queen says your wrong. Just her in the pool has me all in. Bishop is arguably the top of the mutant class for BGs right now. Wiccan has one of the most OP mechanics in the game, Korg is a god tier defender, Shuri is about to to be the Abyss Queen…

Slavishly waiting for somebody else’s “god tier” champ to make the cut doesn’t make you smarter than anybody little lamb
    Would you put an unawakened 7* Korg in battleground over a Max sig. r4 6* Korg?
    You are thinking too narrow. I get him 2 more times in this narrow pool, then that Korg replaces my R3 sig200, and at R2 he’ll be stronger than an R5 coulda been.
    How long does it take to save up 7* shards?

You’re saying like it’s so easy to get.. lol..
    Not sure why you are so grumpy

I think it's more that he's just dense than grumpy
    Lay on the insults if it makes you feel better.

LoL ..

But they’re not.

Please, please stop convoluting your opinion vs everyone else's opinion. People like champs outside of what you think are God tier champs. Hawkeye has his place in this game whether you believe he does or doesn't. People can like Hawkeye and prefer using Hawkeye over Kingpin if they'd like too. It doesn't diminish your playing experience

My favorite champion in this game is Silver Centurion currently. Is he better than Nimrod or OS? Debatable but they each do different things. I choose to use him whenever I can as often as I can because I like his play style. You'll say he's bad or whatever but your opinion literally shouldn't matter.

You don't get to tell people their champs that they like playing aren't good enough. Tier lists are completely opinion based a steeped in bias.

You should broaden your view. I highly doubt you're even out of act 5. You won't post your roster or anything.
    A paragon is out of Act 5 bro.. in case you didn’t know,.. lol..

Emilia90 said:

Emilia90 said:

Opening them now rewards you with paragon crystals, from where i pulled other 7*s, as well as rank-up mats, more 7* shards and, in my case, 2 t6ccs (3 possibly by tomorrow).

Opening them later rewards you with a 7*.

Take from will what that you...
    This week Proff Hoff showed an opening of 156 Paragon crystals that resulted in 1x 7*

Take from that what you will.
    Ah you’re a prof hoff fan.
    Explains everything
    It’s wild that people will watch a video of someone else opening 156 crystals. lol
    To each his own.. I didn’t actually watch the whole video, just to see the result for data.

It’s good to get an idea of what you could expect as those crystals are expensive.
This discussion has been closed.