**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Who are the best counters to Omega Sentinel?

Also would BWCV be a good counter with her incinerate immunity and buff immunity?

Comments

• Options
    doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,724 ★★★
    Magneto
  • Options
    FurrymoosenFurrymoosen Posts: 2,225 ★★★★★
    Anyone that can reliably armor break or one of the Magnetos. Claire would be okay at best, but you will probably get autoblocked at least once prior to buff immunity. That and the way that Omega Sentinel is built is fairly anti-Claire. Yes, you can get immunity to the incinerate, but still get wrecked by the combo coming after you get stunned. Claire also loses out on power gain benefits because Omega is not immune to any of her debuffs (and will regen from them instead) and you can’t nullify her buffs so no power gain there either aside from however many you can remove from buff immunity. Claire just wouldn’t be Claire against her.
  • Options
    someone who can bypass autoblock, who can armor break or reduce her ability accuracy
    Herc, hulkling, galan Medusa Vision aarkus, Corvus knull, odin, vpool Thor are cosmic counters.
    Nebula is a tech counter
    Falcon, moleman (true strike), KM (true strike) are safe skill counters
    Capiw with cosmic syn is a good science counter
    tigra, rintrah, wiccan are good mystic counters.
  • Options
    psp742psp742 Posts: 2,310 ★★★★
    I use Peni Parker or Silver Surfer (both have incinerate immune) but Silver Surfer use the incinerate as a debuff that increases his attack.. get power gain + fury + armor up then sp2 to get unblockable..
  • Options
    Gainsley_HarriottGainsley_Harriott Posts: 255 ★★

Anyone that can reliably armor break or one of the Magnetos. Claire would be okay at best, but you will probably get autoblocked at least once prior to buff immunity. That and the way that Omega Sentinel is built is fairly anti-Claire. Yes, you can get immunity to the incinerate, but still get wrecked by the combo coming after you get stunned. Claire also loses out on power gain benefits because Omega is not immune to any of her debuffs (and will regen from them instead) and you can’t nullify her buffs so no power gain there either aside from however many you can remove from buff immunity. Claire just wouldn’t be Claire against her.

Ahh ok so basically she would be ok but not a great “counter” itself.

I’ve done some practice against my own OS and there’s a way you can get to incinerate while only giving OS 4 armors as well as SP1 which you can bait then just stick to incinerate immunity + SP2 spam.

OS won’t regen from incinerate either, but overall I get your point that she isn’t ideal.
  • Options
    SHIELD4AGENTSHIELD4AGENT Posts: 915 ★★★★
    I use knull, venompool.
  • Options
    KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,741 ★★★★★
    Venompool, Hercules
  • Options
    I_tell_no_tales_1I_tell_no_tales_1 Posts: 1,189 ★★★★

Also would BWCV be a good counter with her incinerate immunity and buff immunity?

Herc slaps her, sp1 to prevent auto block then sp2 while she has armor for the extra massive red numbers
    Even if you prevent Autoblock you still get incinerated
    Yeah immortality will save you tho
  • Options
    World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,573 ★★★★★
    edited May 2023
    I’ve used BWCV with no problems vs her. You might have to bait out a special or two from OS but Once you use your L2 and get the buff immunity debuff on, you’re golden.

• Options

I’ve used BWCV with no problems vs her. You might have to bait out a special or two from OS but Once you use your L2 and get the buff immunity debuff on, you’re golden.

Thanks for confirming!
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,687 Guardian

Omega Sentinel is immune to ability accuracy modification effects from Mutants.

Claire works, but my go-to for OS is Knull. Class advantage, armor break, and when awakened you can reverse OS healing from bleeds.
  • Options
    FiiNCHFiiNCH Posts: 1,664 ★★★★★
    I typically use tigra.

OS healthpool is really low so one sp2 usually KO’s her
  • Options
    DNA3000 said:

Claire works, but my go-to for OS is Knull. Class advantage, armor break, and when awakened you can reverse OS healing from bleeds.
    Wish I had knull now

Have you used BWCV a few times against her then?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ★★★★
    I usually just throw Herc in and push buttons until she dies
  • Options
    JefechutaJefechuta Posts: 1,205 ★★★★
    Using light medium light medium combos is the best counter, with any champ
  • Options
    Burrito2525Burrito2525 Posts: 507 ★★★
    Ghost make a very easy fight with phase, medium light repeat
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,687 Guardian

DNA3000 said:

Wish I had knull now

Have you used BWCV a few times against her then?
    Yes, you need to get to SP2 as soon as possible while giving her as little armor ups as possible. The problem with Claire is that while she can prevent OS from getting armor ups, she can't nullify them off of her because OS is immune to nullify. So it is buff immunity or nothing. And because OS is not actually immune to bleed or poison, Claire can't get charges back that way, which also makes things difficult if the fight lasts too long.
  • Options
    IvarTheBonelessIvarTheBoneless Posts: 1,247 ★★★★
    Jefechuta said:

Using light medium light medium combos is the best counter, with any champ

Alternatively I use parry light or medium then heavy against her
  • Options
    Captain_SpasmCaptain_Spasm Posts: 89 ★★
    Herc as mentioned a few times already. Knull is also a good option. Just stick with mediums, heavies and SP1 and she can’t auto-block.
  • Options
    edited May 2023

someone who can bypass autoblock, who can armor break or reduce her ability accuracy
    Herc, hulkling, galan Medusa Vision aarkus, Corvus knull, odin, vpool Thor are cosmic counters.
    Nebula is a tech counter
    Falcon, moleman (true strike), KM (true strike) are safe skill counters
    Capiw with cosmic syn is a good science counter
    tigra, rintrah, wiccan are good mystic counters.

Just tried Rintrah and he wrecked her 😄
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★
    Aarkus
  • Options
    GogiGogi Posts: 443 ★★★
    Hyperion
  • Options
    Manup456Manup456 Posts: 887 ★★★★
    Just use CGR for her and be done
  • Options
    MatthewmercuryMatthewmercury Posts: 70
    I always use nebula in aw against her, build up charges then parry into an sp2 melts her
  • Options
    Manup456 said:

Just use CGR for her and be done

Have you noticed with CGR that his dash back is too short? I can dex the SP1 with everyone else except for him?…
  • Options
    TheWatcher_TheWatcher_ Posts: 153
    CGR as well. Oh well if you get auto blocked once so long as it's not in bgs for your opponent will have parry mastery
  • Options
    GeneralMerceGeneralMerce Posts: 236 ★★
    galan. immediately get to harvest to get unstoppable/stun immune and you dont have to worry about her autoblock. give her as many armorups as she wants and red blip her to death.
  • Options
    GeneralMerceGeneralMerce Posts: 236 ★★

CGR as well. Oh well if you get auto blocked once so long as it's not in bgs for your opponent will have parry mastery

or war
  • Options

If you get auto-blocked in story/event quest, would you still not get stunned?