Help with Mantis

TKS87TKS87 Member Posts: 375 ★★★
So I am really struggling with the Attack on Titan Mantis fight, and I'm just hoping for some feedback on who people are using to take her down. So far I've tried Namor and Mags without much success. The main problem for me is timing out specials through the special lock debuff and hurt locker to prevent her sleep from proccing (I also struggle with pushing her to an l2 instead of l1). I'm trying to come back from a pretty long break from the game so admittedly my skills are pretty rusty, I feel like Mags should be capable of doing it, but would still take some other suggestions. Thank you!

Comments

• Wu_Bangerz23Wu_Bangerz23 Member Posts: 996 ★★★
    Cgr was a huge help for me because he can get power so quickly....just do ur best to not let her throw that sp1 and you'll be ok
  • BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Member Posts: 2,015 ★★★★★
    Kingpin or other skill champs with a reliable shrug or cleanse work well in addition to the others noted
  • GeneralMerceGeneralMerce Member Posts: 236 ★★
    i dont mind her sp1, just save a striker in the event you are going to be special locked during sleep. use big yellow number special attackers. ive done the fight with kitty, bishop, cgr, 7* hulk, hulkling, apoc and a 6*r1 storm just to show off
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ★★★★
    I personally just hold block for most of the fight. Baiting heavy attacks and using combos/specials until she got to her special 2 is really all it took for me. Occasionally she did throw special 1's despite baiting heavy's, but just using a special with Kitty pride made that go away. Hurt locker shouldn't be too big of a worry unless you take a lot of damage in the fight, since you can heal from Willpower very well against Mantis
  • HungaryHippoHungaryHippo Member Posts: 876 ★★★★
    TKS87 said:

Attack on Titan Mantis fight

Feels like Kabam missed an opportunity here
    On topic, don't let her use her SP1 and don't combo into your SP3.
  • TKS87TKS87 Member Posts: 375 ★★★

TKS87 said:

Attack on Titan Mantis fight

Feels like Kabam missed an opportunity here
    On topic, don't let her use her SP1 and don't combo into your SP3.
    Ha, tbh I actually thought that's what it was called lol. Didn't realize it was 'Escape from Titan'. Guess I just can't read
    Also thanks everyone, I'll try out a few of these suggestions and see how it goes!
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Member Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    What are your top champions
  • AshyKnucklesAshyKnuckles Member Posts: 154
    Professor X is the answer...

What are your top champions

Doom, CGR, Knull and HT I have all at r4. A bunch of other at r3. I ended up getting her down with CGR and Bishop. Will prolly use that combo for my other runs as well

Professor X is the answer...

I do have him at r3 but I am doodoo with him. Don't quite have his playstyle down yet tho I am trying to learn it better. Thanks!
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Member Posts: 5,825 ★★★★★
    Champs who have Regen can get rid of her Tranquilise; plus it has no effect on champions immune to ability Accuracy Reduction (Mysterio, Old Man Logan, Archangel, Mordo, Mephisto). Archangel is predictably great for this fight.

The problem is when she throws multiple SP1s, and you're left trying to deal with multiple Encroaching Sleep effects. Pushing her to SP2 is definitely the best strategy (having a Relic is helpful, to extend your combo).

If you're having trouble pushing her to SP2, the opposite approach also works: use a champion like Vision, Punisher 2099 or Magik to stop her throwing Specials at all. It's really only that SP1/sleep that makes her tricky; especially when working around the Special Lock node.
  • phil56201phil56201 Member Posts: 986 ★★★
    Do you have Archangel? Maintaining 3 or more neutotoxins completely bypasses her Sp1 sleep mechanic plus the root node she's on. Just parry/heavy while alternating your special attacks and this fight becomes pretty simple.

If you have Apoc and/or white Mags, bring them and they will make this fight even faster.
  • Drago_von_DragoDrago_von_Drago Member Posts: 788 ★★★★
    White mags prefight helps. And any striker helps a lot to extend a combo to help push to sp2. I did well with 7* gamora but I know that’s not a common choice right now. Also did well with Elsa (fast damage and shrugs the debuffs from the node quick) and with doom.

My best bet was to push her to just under one bar of power by stopping my combo early. Then 5 hit combo into striker into special would reliably push her over 2 bars to avoid that annoying sp1 sleep.
  • Sds932Sds932 Member Posts: 1
    Used Professor X, he maintains high power levels well so can easily alternate sp1,2,3. The tactics is similar to the above (push to SP2 etc.), but if you haven’t been struck for 20 secs, she will get falter trying to strike next time with a basic attack, which is a quite reliable sleep counter in case she throws a SP1 at you. Also specials with prowess can erase the sleep encroachment as another emergency measure against the annoying sleep.
    Willpower is also the must to heal along the fight
  • ForevernarwhalsForevernarwhals Member Posts: 22
    I've actually used Sunspot. He can gain the power and after doing one sp1 and then building to sp2 he hits nice and hard. I agree save your striker for her sp1 if you can't launch a special that should help.