**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Paragon players - are you buying new champ cav crystals now that Paragon crystals are here?

OakenshieldOakenshield Posts: 1,687 ★★★★
Like most of us I know that using units for crystals is a really poor use of resources, but despite that fact I’ll occasionally open a featured cav crystal or two for a new champ that I’m really interested in. Have plenty of data that shows that it doesn’t pan out, but hey some day it might.

I was thinking about popping one or two of the current Adam Warlock cavs, but then I thought about it and realized why would I spend 300 units for a very small chance at a great 6* when I could get an even better chance (admittedly still very small) at a 7* for 200 units?

I totally get that the top of the game champs - including the new ones - aren’t going to be in the 7* pool for some time, but given the quality of the initial 7* pool and given that they are equivalent to R4+ coming right out of the gate it seems like an easy choice to me.

How are the rest of you thinking about it?

Paragon players - are you buying new champ cav crystals now that Paragon crystals are here? 88 votes

Yes, I plan to continue to buy Cav crystals for the newest champs I’m interested in
1%
Darth_Stewie 1 vote
No, if I spend units for anything it will be Paragon crystals moving forward
36%
BigPoppaCBONEDrZolaLeediman39Mqc19CassyRasiloverPrimeSaviour_27Lovejoy72Justcause102JChanceH9VbnmeX_E_CutionerCtfz35Etm34o_oRenaxqqahmynutsAzenstarChiefGoatBigBlueOx 32 votes
I don’t plan to spend units on any crystals
55%
Ace_03buffajrEmil_LimsonNoıreKennadoBluestoneSw0rdMasterrockykostonBulmktbenito0077Rockyshockyspiderbites0196_Sham_Hector_1475LordSmasherAyden_noah1monomuggcaptain_rogersRebarkIronman3000 49 votes
Other (please explain)
6%
DemonzfyrePikoluH3t3rhoneybiscSuhshehshsspider_man_guy_123 6 votes

Comments

• Options
    BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,587 ★★★★★
    edited May 2023
    I might have gotten 1 Adam Warlock pre release from the BlackIso store but it just seems like a poor investment. Better chance at 6stars in the paragon crystal if I want to gamble, with a better top prize and a higher basement pull for 100 units less
  • Options
    LordSmasherLordSmasher Posts: 1,362 ★★★★★
    They never seems a good idea to me in the first place, and paragon crystals aren't a good investment either.
  • Options
    willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,165 ★★★★★
    I won't be buying crystals ever, but if I did, it'd be Paragon. The only way I'd ever buy a cav crystal again would be of it was a very easy to use and OP champ like Herc.
  • Options
    HSS75HSS75 Posts: 1,138 ★★★
    There are better things to spend your units on
  • Options
    klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,428 ★★★★
    Recent history has shown that if you like a champ, it'll be available in a selector crystal once every fiscal quarter.
  • Options
    KnightOfTheRealmKnightOfTheRealm Posts: 885 ★★★
    I’ve opened about 25 pg crystals and have gotten 3 7*s. With that luck I’m not about to stop opening them lol
  • Options
    Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★
    Anything other than free Cavs are dead to me
  • Options
    spider_man_guy_123spider_man_guy_123 Posts: 162 ★★
    Other (please explain)
    I have never and Will never buy featured cav crystals.
  • Options
    AshacekarAshacekar Posts: 1,761 ★★★★
    We don't buy cav crystals, we get from events for free
  • Options
    RasiloverRasilover Posts: 1,456 ★★★★
    We need featured paragons with actual good 6 star drop rates
  • Options
    HungaryHippoHungaryHippo Posts: 773 ★★★★
    Maybe a few Paragon crystals after big events but that's about it. Buying crystals in this game is either a whale's or a fool's game.
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,547 ★★★★★
    Really only Paragons when I get an itch. I don’t see the 6* preview bundles having the same potential value now either, especially not for $50.

I would expect a shift in the economy of the game after July 4, with the game taking every chance to monetize the current paradigm up to then.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    Caleb1705Caleb1705 Posts: 243 ★★
    I opened 30 or so pg crystals during the event, 1 6* and no 7*. Can't imagine getting any more if there's not another event progression rewards linked to them.
  • Options
    JChanceH9JChanceH9 Posts: 786 ★★★
    I prefer to directly light my money on fire.
  • Options
    Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★
    JChanceH9 said:

I prefer to directly light my money on fire.

That’s super efficient! I’ll do the same. Life hacks.