**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Dear Kabam, how long is a reasonable amount of time for the AI to hold specials?

I've been experiencing the AI holding their specials way too long. Specifically in arenas, BG, and when I was fighting against an America Chavez and an Absorbing man in war. I don't know exactly how long America was holding her special 1 (and was just under sp2) but it was a very long time and she eventually backed me into a corner and killed me. I do, however, have video proof that Absorbing man held his sp2 for over 40 seconds!

This is not ok

Comments

• Options
    Trafalgarwar96Trafalgarwar96 Posts: 466 ★★★
    Absolutely agree
  • Options
    Darkknight_94Darkknight_94 Posts: 459 ★★★
    There were match ups in all modes that ai didn't throw sp even with "taunt debuff on" & whole debuff went away without ai throwing sp & other times more than 1 minute of ai not throwing sps happened to me..
    ."good luck gettibg response from kabam on this" there were several threads on this issue & yet not even a single response from kabam on this
  • Options
    TerminatrixTerminatrix Posts: 1,240 ★★★★
    I've got video after video after video of the AI holding on to their special 1 or 2 for a ridiculous amount of time, especially during times fights or fights with somw of type of degen response if you don't hit the defender within a certain amount of time. There's only so much time we have to get through the fights. Trying to send those vids to Kabam doesn't work since Kabam is only going to give a scripted response, and eventually close the claim, and since the site can only have a certain file size limit.

I think I'm going to start uploading those to my YouTube channel. Kabam has no jurisdiction there lol.
  • Options
    SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★

Easiest way to get them to use a special is to push them to S3; they will quickly use it then

They will actually be that eager to use it, that they ll break their 5 hit combo in half!
  • Options
    I_tell_no_tales_1I_tell_no_tales_1 Posts: 1,189 ★★★★
    edited May 2023
    FiiNCH said:

Kabam: ‘as long as it takes to ruin the rotation of the specific champion your using as an attacker’

Sounds like it
    Against kitty the AI becomes very passive and doesn't allow you to get intercepts or parries to gain prowess
    Against Tigra the AI becomes passive as hell when it has a special and one of her senses is paused with neutralize
    Against cgr(you guessed it), right after the sp2 the AI starts holding block, same case for KP's sp2

~source: experience from past 3 months of BGs and Side quests and even Rol WS

Edit: oh yeah I almost missed him
    Against scorpion it's right after your sp1 so that even if you get to sp2 most of your sting debuffs fall by then and the AI mostly just dashes back and spams block
  • Options
    BeastDadBeastDad Posts: 1,418 ★★★★★
    FiiNCH said:

Kabam: ‘as long as it takes to ruin the rotation of the specific champion your using as an attacker’

Winner
  • Options
    GhostFace2022GhostFace2022 Posts: 168
    Just use Titania to tank sp3s LOL. Don't even need to bait
  • Options
    Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    I thought I was the only one having this issue lol, learning to dance in your corner is a new skill to put in your mcoc resume.
  • Options
    AMS94AMS94 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★

Anything past 3 special baits is unreasonable imo

Hard Agree
  • Options
    Rudolph_RaindeerRudolph_Raindeer Posts: 261 ★★
    It has been a problem for years, if you use Yellow Jacket. Defenders simply will not throw a special, until your power stings have expiered.
  • Options
    Calypso96Calypso96 Posts: 36
    Opened a discussion for the same topic
    Got a vidéo dextering for a minute till I’m trapped to the left wall
  • Options
    OpandemonioOpandemonio Posts: 1,185 ★★★★

It has been a problem for years, if you use Yellow Jacket. Defenders simply will not throw a special, until your power stings have expiered.

What about when you use The Pig and reactivate the Porker Popers via sp3, and the opponent waits until all the debuffs are gone to use their special
  • Options
    Soumemiakas1926Soumemiakas1926 Posts: 320 ★★★

I've been experiencing the AI holding their specials way too long. Specifically in arenas, BG, and when I was fighting against an America Chavez and an Absorbing man in war. I don't know exactly how long America was holding her special 1 (and was just under sp2) but it was a very long time and she eventually backed me into a corner and killed me. I do, however, have video proof that Absorbing man held his sp2 for over 40 seconds!

This is not ok

Skill issue.