**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Mystic AG for Absorbing Man or Tigra

On which champ should I use my mystic AG? Not the best Tigra player but also not 100% clear on how Abs Man’s rebalancing will affect him. Can take either close to 200 sig straight away.

Comments

• horrendous_toohorrendous_too Posts: 227 ★★
    Abs man's rebalance will only affect him on defense where you can have multiple shots at him. So pretty much only in war. It will make no difference on defense in BG's and has zero effect on offense. Personally I would go abs man and sig him up unless you want to learn to be a better tigra player. She is absolutely a monster on attack and sometimes annoying on defense but you do have to like her playstyle.
  • If you have sigs to dumb, ab
  • I_tell_no_tales_1I_tell_no_tales_1 Posts: 1,187 ★★★★
    Abs man
    The extra 10% duration will be somewhat helpful considering the overly passive AI
    While for Tigra
    The AI usually gets way more passive when you have the senses so it doesn't really help having her Awakened
    Also, the less Tigra players out there the Better
  • TikkaMasalaTikkaMasala Posts: 95
    Great. Thanks for the advice. Went with Absorbing Man.
  • MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,106 ★★★★
    I have a duped absorbing man at R1. Have diablo, bwcv and rintrah at R4 already a bunch at R3 and not missing any of the "greats" in mystic... (Rintrah was defensive rank up, really don't get the hype on offense)

Is absorbing worth R4 over doom, sig 200 switch, tigra, wiccan, maw, juggs, Spidey, longshot etc? Trying to work out what makes him the new best thing and not particularly confident on either heavy counter or light intercept....

Sorry for highjacking the thread!
  • CyborgNinja135CyborgNinja135 Posts: 1,108 ★★★★

I have a duped absorbing man at R1. Have diablo, bwcv and rintrah at R4 already a bunch at R3 and not missing any of the "greats" in mystic... (Rintrah was defensive rank up, really don't get the hype on offense)

Is absorbing worth R4 over doom, sig 200 switch, tigra, wiccan, maw, juggs, Spidey, longshot etc? Trying to work out what makes him the new best thing and not particularly confident on either heavy counter or light intercept....

Imo he is worth it. Spidey, Wiccan, Juggs and Longshot get more use in BGs, or if I need a specific piece of utility that they have. But for general questing I usually bring Abs Man instead. The selling point of those 4 champions is the control they can have over fights. Even Juggs has some sort of buff control, although he's more of a brawler. Creel is a straight up brawler.

The mystic class usually leans more on the side of utility most of the time, and it is nice to have a champion like Abs Man whose main focus is damage and survivability. Not saying that he doesn't have any utility because the little bits that he has can give him absolute control over fights under the right circumstances. Any fight that has unblockable/indestructible/unstoppable/immortality buffs is just food for him. Not only that, he has 7 immunities in his base kit and gets an additional one if you bring along iBom/iHulk. Just yesterday I decided to do my exploration run of EOP (still have a few challenges left). Took the right path and Creel was able to solo Herc, Terrax and Dragon Man.

Overall, he's just an incredibly versatile champion for questing, AW, BGs (where he is a menace and gets constantly banned, especially this season), but the cost is that you need to be comfortable with light intercepting to a certain degree. You don't necessarily need to land an intercept, but your light attack must interrupt the opponent's animations so you could bait heavies and whiff 1 or 2 to land the 3rd and pause his form. Ofc, light intercepting allows you to stay more aggressive and avoid chip damage. Heavy countering is more of a bonus, if you can land it and make the fight go faster, then go for it. Otherwise just parry heavy and cancel into a special.
  • horrendous_toohorrendous_too Posts: 227 ★★

I have R4 sig 200 Doom, SW classic, Claire and abs man. And most of the rest of your list at R3. Really the thing abs man brings to the table is a boat load of utility to go with his pretty obscene damage. The reduction in duration of unstoppables, indestructables, immortality is pretty unique. He can not only take the fights he was designed for (terrax, annhilius, knull) but can counter korgs, mephisto and sort of domino. Being able to switch on the crazy high energy or physical resistance along with switching physical and energy damage just allows him to take a lot of fights. and like I mentioned, the damage he outputs is just nutty.
  • MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,106 ★★★★
    Thank you @CyborgNinja135 and @horrendous_too !

Will have a play around with him
  • I_tell_no_tales_1I_tell_no_tales_1 Posts: 1,187 ★★★★

I also find continuous light intercepting hard
    What I found out was that after doing
    MLL dash back
    Most opponents dash at you allowing you to get a light intercept but you cannot chain it like Medium intercept combos as somehow after light intercept opponent becomes passive but it buys you some pause every other combo tho