**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Are Lady deathstrike and Dani whatever straights? Or they r part of the lgbtq?

13»

Comments

• ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,483 ★★★★★
    Emilia90 said:

Sexuality ≠ sexual. I don’t see how discussing same sex relationships is sexual at all. Just like discussing a heterosexual relationship isn’t sexual

A million times this.
  • HungaryHippoHungaryHippo Posts: 755 ★★★★
    edited June 2023

@HungaryHippo @Demonzfyre @Emilia90

There have been quite a few examples of straight couples in the game.

Most notably is Sersi and Ikaris, who were added the same month. They kicked things off with this motion comic

https://youtu.be/ta_3pnS-J_s

With frames such as:

Then when joining the game, we had art like the below

We’ve also had other examples, and bear in mind I’m picking a few here, this is not the entire list

The Thanos and Hela one is probably the most interesting, because that’s not just holding hands - people who specifically say that these images of same sex couples “sexualise” children because of showing couples holding hands, I hope you’d show the same stance on this.

Because if you are fine with this

But hate this

It’s probably time to look at your biases.

It would be a good idea to read my responses to see if I actually hated the Wiccan and Hulking one when I stated otherwise, but have at it.

Actually my reaction to all of the examples is the same (especially the Thanos one). Mild cringe. But don't care enough about romance in my fighting games.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    The bottom line is years of subversive rejection is hard to shake. It's ingrained in some people that anything related to my community is perverse and unnatural. That's been built over time. I don't expect anyone to have a sudden change of heart from a conversation on here.
    I will however, whenever staying within the rules of the Forum allows me to, speak the truth and point out the lack of fairness.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ★★★★

Most notably is Sersi and Ikaris, who were added the same month. They kicked things off with this motion comic

With frames such as:

We’ve also had other examples, and bear in mind I’m picking a few here, this is not the entire list

The Thanos and Hela one is probably the most interesting, because that’s not just holding hands - people who specifically say that these images of same sex couples “sexualise” children because of showing couples holding hands, I hope you’d show the same stance on this.

But hate this

It would be a good idea to read my responses to see if I actually hated the Wiccan and Hulking one when I stated otherwise, but have at it.

Actually my reaction to all of the examples is the same (especially the Thanos one). Mild cringe. But don't care enough about romance in my fighting games.
    You referred to all of this as "pushing this stuff to the fore" as if to say that as long as you don't see it, you're okay with it. If it's romance in general that you're against, then why suggest that Pride Month is causing the hate and not Valentine's Day?
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

With frames such as:

But hate this

I hadn’t actually aimed any of that at you, I was just tagging the people in the conversation so as to not clog up by quoting the full thread…
    edited June 2023

With frames such as:

But hate this

You referred to all of this as "pushing this stuff to the fore" as if to say that as long as you don't see it, you're okay with it. If it's romance in general that you're against, then why suggest that Pride Month is causing the hate and not Valentine's Day?
    What gave you the idea I was talking about myself? Go back and read my posts.
    Quote my other response about Hulkling and Wiccan too for context. You picked and chose what you wanted to see and that's not my problem.

And for the record, valentine's day is cringe as well.

@BitterSteel Understood.
    edited June 2023

With frames such as:

But hate this

Quote my other response about Hulkling and Wiccan too for context. You picked and chose what you wanted to see and that's not my problem.

Your original comment implied that the reaction is caused by pushing things to the front. That's exactly what's needed. Whether here or in other avenues, it needs to be talked about. It needs to be seen. People are tired of hiding, of hating themselves because they can't be open like the rest of what is socially acceptable, tired of burying people who couldn't see that it gets better.
    The saddest part of all of it is it's nothing people have done. It's the way they've come into the world. Existing is controversial. It's needless.
    There are many other causes like this one and I don't claim ours is more important. On the contrary. We know what it's like. People need to stop depriving the rights and freedoms of others to live happy and harmless lives.
    Take marriage equality for example. We've had it for some time in Canada, but some people still don't quite grasp the necessity. It's not about religion. It's about legal rights.
    There was a time when I could spend 40-50 years of my life with someone, building a home and a business, sharing a life with them. If they died, their family would have all the rights. Our life wouldn't be legally recognized. They could take control of everything and stop me from even participating in the funeral. That's messed up.
    Superheroes have always had an element of hope in them. That includes people seeing themselves in that. You can't have one without the other.
  • mattyben27mattyben27 Posts: 55

Whatever they are, it doesn't matter. It shouldn't be mattering.

So we should remove all romance stories from Marvel? Is that what you're saying?
    They're simply saying that their sexuality doesn't matter in terms of our personal life and that whatever someone is doesn't mean we treat them different.
  • mattyben27mattyben27 Posts: 55

With frames such as:

But hate this

Your original comment implied that the reaction is caused by pushing things to the front. That's exactly what's needed. Whether here or in other avenues, it needs to be talked about. It needs to be seen. People are tired of hiding, of hating themselves because they can't be open like the rest of what is socially acceptable, tired of burying people who couldn't see that it gets better.
    The saddest part of all of it is it's nothing people have done. It's the way they've come into the world. Existing is controversial. It's needless.
    There are many other causes like this one and I don't claim ours is more important. On the contrary. We know what it's like. People need to stop depriving the rights and freedoms of others to live happy and harmless lives.
    Take marriage equality for example. We've had it for some time in Canada, but some people still don't quite grasp the necessity. It's not about religion. It's about legal rights.
    There was a time when I could spend 40-50 years of my life with someone, building a home and a business, sharing a life with them. If they died, their family would have all the rights. Our life wouldn't be legally recognized. They could take control of everything and stop me from even participating in the funeral. That's messed up.
    Superheroes have always had an element of hope in them. That includes people seeing themselves in that. You can't have one without the other.
    I don't know Canadian law, but couldn't they each write a Will that is legally binding for what happens to their belongings and how a funeral is to performed? I get what you're trying to say, but i think the example you gave might not be the best. What rights, besides marriage, were not given in Canada in the past?
    edited June 2023

With frames such as:

But hate this

My original point was a general one. We likely have the same outlook but disagree on how to get there.

What I was saying is that the best way to normalize things is to make them mundane. If you release a character who happens to be a member of any minority group and people eventually find out, it probably turns out to be no big deal. I take that stance personally too as I would greatly dislike being championed for my particular minority affiliations (let alone for an entire month).

Just a difference of opinion is all. And being in NYC, being gay is about as boring as watching paint dry and, in my opinion, that's how things should be.

With frames such as:

But hate this

My original point was a general one. We likely have the same outlook but disagree on how to get there.

What I was saying is that the best way to normalize things is to make them mundane. If you release a character who happens to be a member of any minority group and people eventually find out, it probably turns out to be no big deal. I take that stance personally too as I would greatly dislike being championed for my particular minority affiliations (let alone for an entire month).

Just a difference of opinion is all. And being in NYC, being gay is about as boring as watching paint dry and, in my opinion, that's how things should be.
    I'd love it if that was true everywhere. Unfortunately, the world isn't there yet.
  • KDoggg2017KDoggg2017 Posts: 1,202 ★★★★
    Could not care less either way. If they win me fights in the game, I'm Gucci.
    Their imaginary sex life is not my business.
This discussion has been closed.