Here's why we should vote for the worst champs to go in the Titan Crystal

SkunkcabbageSkunkcabbage Member Posts: 211 ★★
I'm going to be voting for Longshot to go into the Titan pool and I suggest you consider doing the same too.

1) Regular players will only open one of these every 2 years, it isn't made for us.

2) Adding the worst champs into the pool will give more balance between whale progress and FTP.

3) The champs you vote for will be the same champs you'll be facing up against in BGs in the whales roster - you AREN'T going to be pulling hardly anything from these.

Hopefully this post helps. Kabam's community vote for the Titan pool is like asking us to vote which cars we're gonna be drag racing against. Pick the Miata and give yourself a better chance against the whales! (We need all the help we can get!)

Comments

• VaniteliaVanitelia Member Posts: 444 ★★★
    Shards will become more and more common as time passes. Give it 90 days and we'll start seeing an increase. Don't forget we have July 4th coming too. Of course those that spend units and/or money on the game will get access to the pool before the masses, but it'll balance out. People voting for the the champs they don't want to face is not very smart because those champs are going to the basic pool after which will water down the basic pool.
  • CosmicGuardianCosmicGuardian Member Posts: 408 ★★★
    If that’s how you want to approach the vote, then by all means do so. But I think it’s important to keep in mind that, as has already been stated, the champs that get voted in will eventually be added to the basic pool. If I’m not mistaken, the pool of champs that are being voted for is pool #2, which will have 4 months in the titan crystal before rotating into the basic pool. So it’ll be a relatively short wait before the community voted champs get added to the 7* basic pool
  • SkunkcabbageSkunkcabbage Member Posts: 211 ★★
    Buttehrs said:

You assume only whales will get Titan crystals often. They did say dupes aren't the only way. Offers, some high level content etc will give them as well. Ftp may be able to get one every few months. Who knows still.

You think we're going to dupe 11 X 7* a month for 3 consecutive months?
    That's 3 x 7* dupes per week. Bro are you nuts? Look at how little 7* we earn as it is...
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Member Posts: 5,628 ★★★★★

Buttehrs said:

You assume only whales will get Titan crystals often. They did say dupes aren't the only way. Offers, some high level content etc will give them as well. Ftp may be able to get one every few months. Who knows still.

That's 3 x 7* dupes per week. Bro are you nuts? Look at how little 7* we earn as it is...
    You missed the part where titan shards won't come solely from dupes.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Member Posts: 13,949 ★★★★★
    This is an absolutely horrible plan and I'll be doing so myself
    Vanitelia said:

Shards will become more and more common as time passes. Give it 90 days and we'll start seeing an increase. Don't forget we have July 4th coming too. Of course those that spend units and/or money on the game will get access to the pool before the masses, but it'll balance out. People voting for the the champs they don't want to face is not very smart because those champs are going to the basic pool after which will water down the basic pool.

The basic pool will water down a good or bad Titan pool. The Titan pool is concentrated to 18 champs so it would disproportionately affect the whales. In a year the basic 7* pool will be huge so it will make little difference to us, yet a huge difference to the whales.

I honestly can't see them giving out a TON of 7* shards arbitrarily in September - it will be a small incremental increase, if anything. (Think about how slow the loyalty store, BG store etc get updated to keep pace).

You're mentioning 4th July as a way to get Titan shards, so you're saying vote for the best champs to add so we can spend $1000 to try and open a Titan crystal ourselves? Sounds like an awful deal

I'm going to be voting for Longshot to go into the Titan pool and I suggest you consider doing the same too.

1) Regular players will only open one of these every 2 years, it isn't made for us.

2) Adding the worst champs into the pool will give more balance between whale progress and FTP.

3) The champs you vote for will be the same champs you'll be facing up against in BGs in the whales roster - you AREN'T going to be pulling hardly anything from these.

Hopefully this post helps. Kabam's community vote for the Titan pool is like asking us to vote which cars we're gonna be drag racing against. Pick the Miata and give yourself a better chance against the whales! (We need all the help we can get!)

1. Shard availability will increase over time. It won't take 2 years to open your first Titan Crystal.
    2. FTP are never going to catch up to whales, nor do they stand a chance against them in the first place.
    3. By screwing over the whales now I am also screwing over future me. The plan is not as good as you think.
    4. LS is really good idk what you're smoking.
    1) Shard availability won't increase in a significantly meaningful way for YEARS. My suggestion benefits us NOW

2) FTP will never catch up to whales, BUT we can slow them down with this idea. Where is the fire in your belly dude?

3) Screwing over whales in a big way TODAY, and minimally inconveniencing ourselves (MAYBE) in the future - sounds good to me.

4) LS isn't as good as the rest of those champs IMHO, race to sp2 against buff matchup and incinerate them to death - 6* R3 can do that trick fine.. BWCV, Diablo however would be insane as a 7*
    Buttehrs said:

Buttehrs said:

You really think us peasants are going to be raking in Titan shards? Wake up dude, this is their blank check - they're making bank with this and they expect to get paid in full. Dream on if you think you'll be popping Titans on the regular.

This sounds slightly bitter. You do realize these additions are for all of us, right?

We don't get the concentrated Titan crystal of awesomeness, we get sloppy seconds when it gets diluted into the basic pool at some point in the future.
  • DRTODRTO Member Posts: 1,651 ★★★★★
    You said we should vote for the worst champs and your example was longshot? I'm curious to see what other champs you think are the worst :D
    DRTO said:

You said we should vote for the worst champs and your example was longshot? I'm curious to see what other champs you think are the worst :D

Are the champs from the other classes already known? If so I'll happily pick the weakest champ out of each set of 4..

Who is worse than Longshot in your opinion if I'm wrong? Juggs? BWCV? Or Diablo?

Buttehrs said:

Buttehrs said:

You really think us peasants are going to be raking in Titan shards? Wake up dude, this is their blank check - they're making bank with this and they expect to get paid in full. Dream on if you think you'll be popping Titans on the regular.
    And your also forgetting 7* are brand new. We only just started getting the shards in content. Kabam has gone on record stating that shard availability will scale with accordance of how much ghe crystals cost. Give it some time. Even regular players will have plenty of 7* and titan shards from dupes alone.
  • Emilia90Emilia90 Member Posts: 3,380 ★★★★★
    The skill poll is being dominated by Shang right now. We’re getting good champs added
  • CyborgNinja135CyborgNinja135 Member Posts: 1,118 ★★★★

1. Shard availability will increase over time. It won't take 2 years to open your first Titan Crystal.
    2. FTP are never going to catch up to whales, nor do they stand a chance against them in the first place.
    3. By screwing over the whales now I am also screwing over future me. The plan is not as good as you think.
    4. LS is really good idk what you're smoking.
    1) Shard availability won't increase in a significantly meaningful way for YEARS. My suggestion benefits us NOW

2) FTP will never catch up to whales, BUT we can slow them down with this idea. Where is the fire in your belly dude?

3) Screwing over whales in a big way TODAY, and minimally inconveniencing ourselves (MAYBE) in the future - sounds good to me.

4) LS isn't as good as the rest of those champs IMHO, race to sp2 against buff matchup and incinerate them to death - 6* R3 can do that trick fine.. BWCV, Diablo however would be insane as a 7*
    1. It will still increase enough to the point where you won't need to solely rely on dupes. The next EOP-like piece of content is very likely to have them as rewards.
    2. Adding 6 "bad" champions (according to you) won't be near enough to slow down the whales. They will still progress at a very fast rate. Just accept that and play at your own pace.
    3. If we're going by your logic that Titan crystals will take years to open, then voting for "bad" champions will dilute the pool to a point where you'll be majorly screwing over yourself whenever you open a titan crystal.
    4. The same way BWCV and Diablo would be insane as 7* LS would too. And if you account for the fact that 7* have a uniform power rate regardless of rank, then a 7* LS will be really fast in BGs. Faster than Diablo and BWCV in the majority of matchups
    Buttehrs said:

Buttehrs said:

Buttehrs said:

And your also forgetting 7* are brand new. We only just started getting the shards in content. Kabam has gone on record stating that shard availability will scale with accordance of how much ghe crystals cost. Give it some time. Even regular players will have plenty of 7* and titan shards from dupes alone.
    That worked really well in 8.2 right? By giving us a few scraps of 7* shards..
    If they are using a 1.5x multiplier to compensate for the 15k crystal cost then why do we get given 500 X 7* shards in rewards? Would we have been given 333.33 X 7* shards if they left the cost at 10k? Don't think so...
  • noclutchnoclutch Member Posts: 186 ★★
    In long term,your idea to work towards a balance is very well thought.

However, people will disagree with you.
    In short term it seems like a good idea to get the same champ from the basic pool with every crystal update.

But with every crystal update the chance of you getting anything specific goes down drastically as the total number of champs is increased.

if there are weak characters in the pool it also incentivizes the game team to target those characters for an update.
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Member Posts: 4,787 ★★★★★
    Whale crystal for whales.
    I better ignore everything related to them.
    Negetive or positive.
    I do not frikiity frokkity care.
    Emilia90 said:

The skill poll is being dominated by Shang right now. We’re getting good champs added

I notice you said "We're getting good champs added". Inferring that you're a whale
    DNA3000 said:

Buttehrs said:

Once upon a time T4CC was the rarest anything in the game. The only way to get it if you were not in a top tier AQ alliance was basically by selling T3C for fragments. Someone back then calculated the amount of time it would take for him to rank up a single champion at the rate he was earning them. I believe it was something like seven years. Which means he was predicting that his first rank up would be happening about now.

I can't be certain because I never followed up with that player, but I suspect that prediction turned out to be off by a bit.
    Let's make a bet. Do you think the "average Summoner" will be able to open 1 Titan crystal every 3 months within the next 12 months?
    My gut feeling is that it'll be 3 years before the average player will be able to be involved with opening Titan crystals in a meaningful way.

DNA3000 said:

Buttehrs said:

Once upon a time T4CC was the rarest anything in the game. The only way to get it if you were not in a top tier AQ alliance was basically by selling T3C for fragments. Someone back then calculated the amount of time it would take for him to rank up a single champion at the rate he was earning them. I believe it was something like seven years. Which means he was predicting that his first rank up would be happening about now.

I can't be certain because I never followed up with that player, but I suspect that prediction turned out to be off by a bit.
    Let's make a bet. Do you think the "average Summoner" will be able to open 1 Titan crystal every 3 months within the next 12 months?
    My gut feeling is that it'll be 3 years before the average player will be able to be involved with opening Titan crystals in a meaningful way.
    12 moths from now may be a bit optimistic but 3 years is entirely far out there for any game.
    Buttehrs said:

DNA3000 said:

Buttehrs said:

12 moths from now may be a bit optimistic but 3 years is entirely far out there for any game.
    So you're saying in 2 years we might be at a place where we can open 1 x Titan every 3 months?
  • Emilia90Emilia90 Member Posts: 3,380 ★★★★★
    edited June 2023

Emilia90 said:

I notice you said "We're getting good champs added". Inferring that you're a whale
    No I said “we” because we’ll all have access to these champs by the end of the year in the basic pool.
  • ErcarretErcarret Member Posts: 2,896 ★★★★★
    The better champions end up in the Titan pool, the better the overall basic 7* pool will be. I won't be able to compete with someone who can open a bunch of Titan crystals on day 1, so I don't really care what they get. Especially not when those things are just things that I will get eventually too. The better stuff they get early, the better stuff I get a bit later. It's pretty much a win-win.

After all, if the Titan pool is trash and they just end up with trash champions, then they have the whaley resources to push through tough content with trash champions. I don't.