**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Attuma buff

Amir447Amir447 Posts: 314 ★★★
Does anyone know if Attumas buff has gone live with this new update? If so, is he any good now?

Comments

• Options
    Sw0rdMasterSw0rdMaster Posts: 1,724 ★★★★
  • Options
    Amir447Amir447 Posts: 314 ★★★

I put together a summary of what's actually changed, below:

Unawakened abilities:

• Talokani skin damage: Ability accuracy increased from 15% to 25%
    • Special Attack-2 Cruelty duration increased from 10s to 16s
    Signature changes:
    • Energy resistance removed
    • Start match with a Concussion debuff (100-205% chance, i.e. actually start with 1-3 debuffs)
    • Incoming Bleed debuffs suffer -90% Potency (previously 50-90%, depending on Sig)
    • Talokani skin damage increased from 5-10% (depending on Sig) to a flat 10% per bleed on either champion.
    Overall -
    The Sig ability is definitely improved, with really effective bleed resistance, better damage post-SP3, and Concussions from the start of the match meaning you'll have improved hydration gains and (a little bit of) Willpower healing from the start of the match.

He'll inflict quite a lot more Talokani skin damage. With a higher base chance to trigger, you'll also see more multiple triggers. If you're Awakened and start the match with two concussions, you'll have a 50% chance to inflict direct damage on every single hit (defensive and offensive) from the start of the match.

There's a bit more Cruelty damage on SP2; but the big damage boost really comes from his improved Sig ability after the SP3, when multiple bleeds (or stacks of Physical Vulnerability) can boost the Talokani skin damage to seriously high levels.

He's definitely better at what he does. The question is, is it enough? He's got a unique niche in being better-than-immune to a lot of annoying nodes that inflict Disorient or Concussion on you. And he's pretty decent at dealing with Evade or Autoblock (which, since he inverts AAR, works just fine against Peni, btw.)

Whilst I've looked at the details, I haven't actually played him much (busy practicing with Zemo): so what are your thoughts on the buff, folks? Good, bad, or indifferent?
    Wow thanks for sending that dude I really appreciate it!
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★
    Karatemike has a video on his buff. Looks good, but I am still focusing my skill rank up materials on Kate Bishop first.
  • Options
    Sachhyam257Sachhyam257 Posts: 976 ★★★★
    Why are kabam always so stingy with the regen rate on champs with self applied debuffs. Give the guy like 45% regen rate instead of 25% and he becomes a sustainable tanky ramp-up champ on offense. Rn it barely covers block dmg.
  • Options
    WinterFieldsWinterFields Posts: 677 ★★★★
    His sig ability description is different in-game compared to here. In-Game, his bleed reduction is from 50-90% and rough skin damage scales from 5-17.5% as opposed to the flat 90% and 10%
  • Options
    Vance2_jr said:

They all laughed at me when I was bringing him up to R4 and taking him to sig 200.

In the immortal words of Ash Williams, “WHO’S LAUGHING NOW??????”

How is he on offense?
  • Options
    Vance2_jrVance2_jr Posts: 704 ★★★

Vance2_jr said:

They all laughed at me when I was bringing him up to R4 and taking him to sig 200.

In the immortal words of Ash Williams, “WHO’S LAUGHING NOW??????”

How is he on offense?
    He does the job just fine. Honestly, the uptick on skin damage is great and he’s filthy after an sp3.
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,367 ★★★★★

His sig ability description is different in-game compared to here. In-Game, his bleed reduction is from 50-90% and rough skin damage scales from 5-17.5% as opposed to the flat 90% and 10%

You'll have to update the App to get the updated Attuma 😉
  • Options

I already updated it; so I can see that the sig ability did change. However, the change doesn't quite line up with what the forums say
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,367 ★★★★★

I already updated it; so I can see that the sig ability did change. However, the change doesn't quite line up with what the forums say
    Sadly, you're right 😔
    The description on the main page suggests a flat benefit from his Sig, but it's clearly variable in all three ways. Apologies for bad information, above: