**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

When will a decision be made?

When will a decision be made whether some form of compensation will be offered due to the android down time? Last I heard it was under discussion. If nothing is going to be offered I would suggest just saying so. Figured i ask since it already is almost end of Tuesday.....

Comments

• JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Dropfaith wrote: »
    I'm Android still got sl and voodoo. Not sure how you feel we lost much. Neither was a big grind

That's good for you. Nice big roster full of maxed out champs. So big and pretty. I bet all the girls are jealous of how big it is. Reality check big boy, not everyone has that roster to make 6 million points. 10 hours of downtime hurt those players. Great to hear you have a big massive roster.
  • AndyAndy Posts: 33
    Jaded wrote: »
    I'm Android still got sl and voodoo. Not sure how you feel we lost much. Neither was a big grind

That's good for you. Nice big roster full of maxed out champs. So big and pretty. I bet all the girls are jealous of how big it is. Reality check big boy, not everyone has that roster to make 6 million points. 10 hours of downtime hurt those players. Great to hear you have a big massive roster.

Jealous much?
    Andy wrote: »

Jealous much?

Yes.....wish mine was as big tbh
  • X_ScottX_Scott Posts: 732 ★★★
    If anyone is sick of complaining, I get it. But your opinion shouldn't be voiced in opposition to simple fairness. There are a variety of factors that could be involved with someone not getting an arena champ because of the 10 hour outage. Bottom line, black n white - Ios users had 10 hr advantage. A 3rd arena should be added.
  • AndyAndy Posts: 33
    X_Scott wrote: »
    If anyone is sick of complaining, I get it. But your opinion shouldn't be voiced in opposition to simple fairness. There are a variety of factors that could be involved with someone not getting an arena champ because of the 10 hour outage. Bottom line, black n white - Ios users had 10 hr advantage. A 3rd arena should be added.

You have 4 arenas!! Why do you want a 3rd one? Get over it and wait for the champ to arrive in the crystals lol
    It's just an excuse for android users to beg for freebies. Lame.

No my friend you are lame. Unable to recognize the fact that ios users had advantage over android.
  • BattlecryGWJBattlecryGWJ Posts: 20
    edited June 2017
    I'm Android still got sl and voodoo.

Congratulations, but it did affect the grind for some people, such as myself. I ground out 5.83m in the time available, and likely would have put up another 600k had it not been for the down time. Now, other Android users could have similarly used the time to grind pushing the cutoff yet higher, leaving me still short of picking up the 4* Voodoo, though if the cutoff had been higher there would have been a number of iOS users who would have been on the outside in favor of some of the Android users who put up more points.

There certainly are trade-offs and never any guarantees, but it is a little difficult to not feel somewhat robbed, which is never a good feeling to give your customers.
    edited June 2017
    I'm Android still got sl and voodoo.

Congratulations, but it did affect the grind for some people, such as myself. I ground out 5.83m in the time available, and likely would have put up another 600k had it not been for the down time. Now, other Android users could have similarly used the time to grind pushing the cutoff yet higher, leaving me still short of picking up the 4* Voodoo, though if the cutoff had been higher there would have been a number of iOS users who would have been on the outside in favor of some of the Android users who put up more points.

Exactly. This statement is bang on.
  • Thechamp8556Thechamp8556 Posts: 33
    Look my roster up. I have voodoo and can win basic arena with no problem. I just put up 12.5 mil in starlord arena.
    Look my roster up. I have voodoo and can win basic arena with no problem. I just put up 12.5 mil in starlord arena.

So you need a bragging thread. Go make one.
    edited June 2017

You're very insightful. Let me go start grinding for dv starting a day late. With your roster and level of intelligence I'd be fine. Although I'm small roster and not so bright.
    Post edited by Kabam Spice on
  • BattlecryGWJBattlecryGWJ Posts: 20
    edited June 2017

Why would players elect to play another arena when they've already been shorted on one? The first arena already wasted their time by changing the rules part-way through.
    Post edited by Kabam Spice on
    Stop wasting your time there is a DV arena going on right now.

Why would players elect to play another arena when they've already been shorted on one? The first arena already wasted their time by changing the rules part-way through.

Exactly. Not wasting another minute in arenas.
  • cytwbccytwbc Posts: 93
    Im a Droid user and i still managed to get SL ranked 657 with like 8.7, i work a full time job and had my normal sleep,
    so getting Voodoo or SL was extremely possible even with android being down soo long,
    if you live in THE USA or any timezone in this region then IMO you didnt put in the work needed.

but since it was down for a long time i do think some type of comp is in order however

every other post on here since Friday morning has been been about this so yea its a type of whining anyway you look at it
    cytwbc wrote: »
    Im a Droid user and i still managed to get SL ranked 657 with like 8.7, i work a full time job and had my normal sleep,
    so getting Voodoo or SL was extremely possible even with android being down soo long,
    if you live in THE USA or any timezone in this region then IMO you didnt put in the work needed.

but since it was down for a long time i do think some type of comp is in order however

every other post on here since Friday morning has been been about this so yea its a type of whining anyway you look at it

Extremely possible with YOUR ROSTER and that time frame. Other people not so fortunate.
  • cytwbccytwbc Posts: 93
    cytwbc wrote: »

Extremely possible with YOUR ROSTER and that time frame. Other people not so fortunate.

my roster isnt the greatest tho, i had to set personal records for streak and score and i hate arena i just wanted to get my 4* SL to sig 99 and the 5* shards to try to awaken my 5* SL

actually when i woke up on saturday i was only at 4.1 so i HAD TO GRIND ALL DAY SATURDAY to make it happen,

so again yea comp is in order but everything other post ( just about ) about this is looking like a bunch android whining and crying that they didnt put in the work needed ( again USA time zones, since most of that avg normal people would be sleep)

personally the outage didnt effect me cuz i was sleep then had to be at the office so it just delayed my 1st run of the day by about 2-3 hours
  • HtooHtooHtooHtoo Posts: 22
    I just wish that even if they don't give us anything, want some appologize mail. So I can forgive for 10 hour downtime.
  • MightylibraMightylibra Posts: 185
    edited June 2017
    So to everyone who feels like the android complaint is "begging" or "whining" or "asking for freebies," let me ask you, if you were running a race--a marathon, let's say, and half of the people in the race were forced to stop, for some period of time and through no fault of their own, would the race still be fair? Would it matter if some people were still able to catch up?

Somehow I doubt if iOS users, or android users who still managed to make the cutoff fell just short, they wouldn't be so quick to judge.

But listen, fair is fair. Everyone should have the same amount of time to play arenas or alliance war or quests. How you use that time is up to you, but some people shouldn't have 3 days while others have 2.5. That's just patently unfair.

There is serious flaw with your assumption. Not all users entered the race. According to verifiable data, 12k+ people got the prize, which is a record. So, about only 20k+ truly got in the race. Most of racers who lost felt short because the score was all time high and they did not pushed hard enough. Only a handful of players was affected by the blackout and think they could have got the prize if the incident hadn't happened. The problem is there is no way to tell how many got affected and how many lied to take advantage of the situation.
    Hence, grouping all Android users in one basket is wrong. Most of Android as well as IoS players barely reached millestones. Having said that, I believed that a third arena has no effect on the community as a whole. It only served the interest of a few dozens of moaners.

• ARKANG3L_2099ARKANG3L_2099 Posts: 129
    Forgive my spelling in typos and my language...

See there are two sides of this coin. Android want the compensation for not being able to get thing's done. Alot of arguement is in the arena but what about the AW and AQ lost due to failure to get on? In the eyes of an IOS user, My alliance failed because we use android?
    Thats not fair, each of us use different phones for different reasons and the only thing we all have in common is we like Contest.
    Now if IOS went down, the IOS player base would be doing the same thing, complaining.
    But if android gets compensation for the blackout, IOS will have a ****-fit. If Android dont get it, Android will have a **** fit. Kabam cant win. This is difficult for them, they failed as a company and theyre trying to find ways to please everyone but its difficult.
    And for the record, i spent hours grinding the arena doing alot better than I usually do but because im in Veteran and only have 60 something champs i had to spend money on my team to make them good.
    Unfortunately i did not get a good ranking. And im not pushing for the compensation. Free stuff never hurt but they dont really owe us anything.
    People need to calm down.
    This **** is ridiculous...
  • SchapenkopSchapenkop Posts: 89
    BTW.... i'm an Android user
  • weavileweavile Posts: 288
    edited June 2017
    at this point I think compensation should be made because it's a good gesture you make a bug you have to pay. However something like raise the cut off or something like that won't work (keep in mind I score 5.7 mil and suffer from the down time) because: A. a large base of player are in US so they were asleep during half of the down time. B. who say you can't switch phone? So the compensation should be: lagre energy refill, alliance revive and potion, some large arena boost crystal (the one that triple points) and some gold/units.
  • DLegendDLegend Posts: 745 ★★★
    weavile wrote: »
    at this point I think compensation should be made because it's a good gesture you make a bug you have to pay. However something like raise the cut off or something like that won't work (keep in mind I score 5.7 mil and suffer from the down time) because: A. a large base of player are in US so they were asleep during half of the down time. B. who say you can't switch phone? So the compensation should be: lagre energy refill, alliance revive and potion, some large arena boost crystal (the one that triple points) and some gold/units.

People mostly in the east and south hemisphere were affected by the android issue. So the people in those regions should get compensated
  • Thechamp8556Thechamp8556 Posts: 33
    No one owes you anything. You are entitled to nothing.
This discussion has been closed.