**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Hackers destroys our P4 Ally

I am the leader of TheAncientJag (JGKN), and we are close to P4 ally for season 42. This story was started on 06-Jun-2023, around 02.30 pm (GMT+8) and noticed that i cant login to my account.

in the iOS, newer version/ patch available and proceed to update.

once finished update, i can login to my account for 5 secs (i think), and saw the BG dashboard in my screen (saw i am at Arcane I),

Very surprise and seems like someone playing using my account at BG, immediately take screenshot and suddenly i got kicked out, due to someone login with another device (the hackers).

The summary of story as following;
1. Hacker start to kick all my ally members and officers.
2. Hackers with my account leave the ally and closed it.
3. Hacker use my account continue to play BG until Celestial V and use modders, spreading hate, and dirty wording to other players, expecting all player reporting my account to Kabam for banned.
4. Keep on try to login and failed, Finally around 8pm, i can login my MCOC account and immediately change the password and secure my account.
5. Immediately raise ticket to kabam, mutiple ticket raised by me (refer to ticket #449736, #448790, #449759 and many more tickets raise by our officers and members and still no action taken by Kabam.

What we need:
1. We need Kabam to our open back our ally and give back to us with same rank and war rating.
2. We need Kabam to provide all ally members the war rewards and BG rewards, event etc.
3. We need Kabam to investigate and solved the hackers issue.
4. We need Kabam to improve the software and ensure no more bugs, glitch, lost connection, etc.
5. We need compensation from Kabam for all problem happen (bugs, lagging, hackers, etc)

Attached in this story, snapshot:
- hackers kick my members
- hackers play with modders
- hackers chat with my ally members
- hackers chat with other players

Comments

• Options
    DicedicedicediceDicedicedicedice Posts: 52
    Last week we were all excited about getting to gold1. N now we r languishing at the entry tier. A super active alliance destroyed in minutes because of hackers n modders plaguing this game.
  • Options

• Options
    I truly believe kabam can help restore us back but for some reason they r choosing not to help. Won’t that just encourage hackers n discourage honest players like us.
    Sincerely hope that we get what was due to us. Not just the war season rewards but also our alliance progress in battlegrounds
  • Options
    Spartan_BMSpartan_BM Posts: 2
    thanks Dice for remind me.
    additional attachment response from Kabam, they dont want to help.
  • Options
    LordSmasherLordSmasher Posts: 1,362 ★★★★★
    Yeh that sux.
    However, this system probabaly has a giganormous database. Restoring something to where it was is probabaly more of a "Can't" than "Won't". Terrible but sometimes them the breaks.

As for the hack -> It's very hard to get through the front door on any system. All account hijacking comes from the fact people reuse and/or share passwords. Most likely its someone you know who got access to your account, and they may have sold it or given it to someone else.

Best of luck!
  • Options
    SunilDarurSunilDarur Posts: 53
    We had same issue. Some hackers accessed our leaders account and they kicked the entire alliance. This is absolutely ridiculous. If Kabam is not able to stop these then it’s nonsensical to play the game.
  • Options
    MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 3,988 ★★★★★
    That sucks. Your leader very likely purchased the account or used a Merc and someone else had control of the account. But that’s still a bad result for everyone in the alliance that is impacted.
  • Options
    CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    So this is why the send mail about 3rd party sites and such...
    People are responsible for their own passwords.
  • Options
    Everyone is vulnerable to hacking. I mean govts r getting hacked. Point is y should the entire alliance suffer if 1 player gets hacked? There has to be a recourse.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,053 ★★★★★
    You would have had to shared your login information for any of this to happen. There's no other way for someone to get your account information unless you shared it with someone.
  • Options
    TyphoonTyphoon Posts: 1,751 ★★★★★
    "Someone hacked my account" is probably better described as "I shared my login information with someone"
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,690 Guardian

I am the leader of TheAncientJag (JGKN), and we are close to P4 ally for season 42. This story was started on 06-Jun-2023, around 02.30 pm (GMT+8) and noticed that i cant login to my account.

in the iOS, newer version/ patch available and proceed to update.

once finished update, i can login to my account for 5 secs (i think), and saw the BG dashboard in my screen (saw i am at Arcane I),

Very surprise and seems like someone playing using my account at BG, immediately take screenshot and suddenly i got kicked out, due to someone login with another device (the hackers).

So while I cannot be absolutely certain, this bears the fingerprints of account sharing, not hacking. First of all, in spite of all the stories of "hacking" out there, I have yet to see any instances of actual system hacking. Where there is sufficient evidence to determine, it has been account compromises on the player side, not the system side. Either players share account credentials or share critical information about their accounts that allow another player to gain control of the account using the account recovery support process.

In this case, you were still able to log in to your account after you noticed compromised activity, and changing the password sounds like it locked the other player out. This implies they did not hijack the account control (the password reset would have gone to their email and not yours) and they were logging in with your credentials (because changing them locked them out, so they were not logging in with a linked device).

If this was a social engineering attack that gained control of the account, it is almost certain the attacker would have changed the registered email, making it impossible for you to change password. If it was a theoretical attack against the authentication systems of the game, it is far more likely they would have changed the password rather than crack it, as that's much easier. If this was part of some massive password database hijack, we'd be hearing about more than this one or two accounts claiming to be hacked.

All signs point to you sharing your account details or credentials, and one of those people using them to take over your account. And while that is unfortunate for both you and your alliance, account sharing is a violation of the TOS of the game for precisely this reason. You and you alone are accountable for all of the actions performed by your account. Handing your credentials *or* your account details is essentially saying you are taking full responsibility for anything those people do.

On the off chance that there's something else going on here, I will try to see if someone can take a look. However, I cannot promise anyone will be able to look, and if they do I cannot promise they will be able to do anything about it either way. Realistically, I would not have high expectations.
  • Options
    Ayden_noah1Ayden_noah1 Posts: 1,184 ★★★★
    @DNA3000 comment makes too much sense. It seems this is what like happened.