**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Is Bg matchmaking still broken???

Comments

• Options
    Superstar_1126Superstar_1126 Posts: 405 ★★

Why should a UC like you be in plat 2 and then expect easy matches. That's not how it works. Always the same thread over and over about BG matchmaking being unfair and it's always the ones with the lower accounts who are always complaining. You just can't expect to climb to higher ranks and not face people that have way more developed rosters then you. Maybe you should just suck it up and deal with it or just stop trying to climb to higher ranks and learn your place as a UC

I asked a question and it was answered. I climbed and worked my way to Plat 2 with a few easy matches and a few difficult matches. However this one match seemed like the most bizarre matchmaking i've seen this season so I asked if it was a broken matchmaking in process and the answer I got was that its working as intended. If thats the case then great, this was just a match not in my favor and so I'll take the loss and move on.

"Learn your place as a UC" stop talking as if you are my superior. Sure you may be a higher title than me, but that will never mean you are my superior. I asked a question for my own reasons and I got an answer which I will take. If you can't handle seeing my progress and title alongside this question, then thats your problem. Suck it up and deal with that fact that there's a high UC player (who could be Cav in all honesty) in Plat 2 on the VT in Battlegrounds
    I never meant to say that I am superior to you. I'm just saying that it's weird that a UC is trying to what, get into GC or wherever and expect easy matches. Easy matches probably stop at atleast gold 3 maybe gold 1. Now I'm not saying to stop there but you can't just keep climbing and expect harder matches. Or, toward the end of the season all of the more developed rosters will be out of plat 2 and maybe then you will be able to progress a little easier
    I understand. GC is impossible for me, i realize that. But when i do BG i expect challenging matches, but not matches that are almost impossible for me to win against. And this is my first time in Plat so i didnt know how matchmaking worked in that tier
  • Options
    DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

Wow i didnt realze this would create such a heated discussion (or argument)

I explained this all to you yesterday.
    I'm sorry, but you write extremely long comments. I read a little bit of your comment but not all
    I'm afflicted by a chronic case of literacy. And unjustified hope for future generations.
    Oh
  • Options
    Mike_IIMike_II Posts: 41
    i just became TB with a weaker roster than you and yes i too am getting paired with paragons like 50-60% of the time which is very frustrating, it seems the matchmaking will try to pair you with people with a similar prestige from bronze to gold and in platinum will start pairing you with paragons randomly, so far it's not been as bad for me as last season but it's definetly something i'd like the devs to adress, i get from bronze to gold 1 relatively fast getting paired with people with a similar prestige and i just cannot play as soon as i get to platinum because most matches are against people who are in the top 1% of roster strength and i cannot hope to win a match against them
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,251 ★★★★★
    edited June 2023

Why should a UC like you be in plat 2 and then expect easy matches. That's not how it works. Always the same thread over and over about BG matchmaking being unfair and it's always the ones with the lower accounts who are always complaining. You just can't expect to climb to higher ranks and not face people that have way more developed rosters then you. Maybe you should just suck it up and deal with it or just stop trying to climb to higher ranks and learn your place as a UC

I asked a question and it was answered. I climbed and worked my way to Plat 2 with a few easy matches and a few difficult matches. However this one match seemed like the most bizarre matchmaking i've seen this season so I asked if it was a broken matchmaking in process and the answer I got was that its working as intended. If thats the case then great, this was just a match not in my favor and so I'll take the loss and move on.

"Learn your place as a UC" stop talking as if you are my superior. Sure you may be a higher title than me, but that will never mean you are my superior. I asked a question for my own reasons and I got an answer which I will take. If you can't handle seeing my progress and title alongside this question, then thats your problem. Suck it up and deal with that fact that there's a high UC player (who could be Cav in all honesty) in Plat 2 on the VT in Battlegrounds
    I never meant to say that I am superior to you. I'm just saying that it's weird that a UC is trying to what, get into GC or wherever and expect easy matches. Easy matches probably stop at atleast gold 3 maybe gold 1. Now I'm not saying to stop there but you can't just keep climbing and expect harder matches. Or, toward the end of the season all of the more developed rosters will be out of plat 2 and maybe then you will be able to progress a little easier
    I understand. GC is impossible for me, i realize that. But when i do BG i expect challenging matches, but not matches that are almost impossible for me to win against. And this is my first time in Plat so i didnt know how matchmaking worked in that tier
    It’s a side effect of getting relatively “equal” matchups on your way up to Plat and higher.

In a sense, it’s similar to being in a pond with similar sized fish fighting to be king. Then once you hit Plat, you’re thrown into the ocean and you realize that there are much bigger fish out there that you literally have no chance of beating.

But hey, you’ve already gotten the rewards all the way to Plat (similar to a baseline amount of rewards that Kabam is giving for effort put in to play the game mode, that you’d likely not have gotten if you were thrown into the ocean straight from day 1.)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ★★★★
    Mike_II said:

i just became TB with a weaker roster than you and yes i too am getting paired with paragons like 50-60% of the time which is very frustrating, it seems the matchmaking will try to pair you with people with a similar prestige from bronze to gold and in platinum will start pairing you with paragons randomly, so far it's not been as bad for me as last season but it's definetly something i'd like the devs to adress, i get from bronze to gold 1 relatively fast getting paired with people with a similar prestige and i just cannot play as soon as i get to platinum because most matches are against people who are in the top 1% of roster strength and i cannot hope to win a match against them

I'm in the same boat, but I honestly think it's like this for good reason. I'm a lot more inspired to rankup champions for Battlegrounds specifically, and I still often have a chance at winning. I've barely won a lot of matches against people with 3 times the size of my roster strictly because I picked better champions. There does come a certain point where it's just entirely out of our hands, but I really don't think I would enjoy BGs if it was strictly skill based. Beating people you thought you didn't stand a chance against is very fulfilling. I think they should just have a cap. It's immediately demotivating going up against people with 5+ 7* champs while I'm scrounging around for ISO just for my third rank 3.
  • Options
    xNig said:

It’s a side effect of getting relatively “equal” matchups on your way up to Plat and higher.

In a sense, it’s similar to being in a pond with similar sized fish fighting to be king. Then once you hit Plat, you’re thrown into the ocean and you realize that there are much bigger fish out there that you literally have no chance of beating.

But hey, you’ve already gotten the rewards all the way to Plat (similar to a baseline amount of rewards that Kabam is giving for effort put in to play the game mode, that you’d likely not have gotten if you were thrown into the ocean straight from day 1.)
    I know the answer to my OG question but wow, this is probably the best way to explain it. Thank you, it actually makes more sense now
  • Options
    Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,919 ★★★★★
    noclutch said:

Why TF is a UC player in Plat 2?

Because it's possible? I've been UC for awhile and I've just been growing my roster and got a few lucky crystals pulls. I'm happy to show my BG deck if you would like
    That has nothing to do with it. It's Kabam's awful matchmaking that has propelled you to a level that you do no belong.
    Where does he belong?
    Honestly, in an actually fair system that starts everyone at 0, UC players wouldn't get out of Silver or Gold. Obviously, they would hurt participation so Kabam did the most straightforward thing they could think of and has chosen to give them Prestige matchmaking until Plat.
  • Options
    edited June 2023

noclutch said:

Because it's possible? I've been UC for awhile and I've just been growing my roster and got a few lucky crystals pulls. I'm happy to show my BG deck if you would like
    That has nothing to do with it. It's Kabam's awful matchmaking that has propelled you to a level that you do no belong.
    Where does he belong?
    Honestly, in an actually fair system that starts everyone at 0, UC players wouldn't get out of Silver or Gold. Obviously, they would hurt participation so Kabam did the most straightforward thing they could think of and has chosen to give them Prestige matchmaking until Plat.
    @Ironman3000 Thats not necessarily true. And i dont "belong" anywhere except for wherever I work to be
  • Options
    edited June 2023

noclutch said:

Where does he belong?
    @Ironman3000 Thats not necessarily true. And i dont "belong" anywhere except for wherever I work to be
    Yeah I think he's just a little salty.
  • Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,797 ★★★★★
    There is a 8.6k prestige in Plat 1. How did that player even get there?
  • Options

There is a 8.6k prestige in Plat 1. How did that player even get there?

🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,254 ★★★★★
    TyEdge said:

noclutch said:

Where does he belong?
    You worked to get where you are against peers who either play less seriously than most or are relative newcomers.

Meanwhile I trudge through the same early levels against 16,000-19,000 prestige accounts because I committed the cardinal sin of building my roster and putting sig stones into my top champs. Seems fair.
    Not the case this Season. I've made it to D2 fighting a range of Accounts. Everything from UC to Legend Paras.
  • Options
    Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,311 ★★★★★

TyEdge said:

noclutch said:

Where does he belong?
    You worked to get where you are against peers who either play less seriously than most or are relative newcomers.

Meanwhile I trudge through the same early levels against 16,000-19,000 prestige accounts because I committed the cardinal sin of building my roster and putting sig stones into my top champs. Seems fair.
    Not the case this Season. I've made it to D2 fighting a range of Accounts. Everything from UC to Legend Paras.
    That means you were being held back by prestige matchmaking in previous seasons. Aren’t you glad it got fixed?
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,254 ★★★★★
    Graves_3 said:

TyEdge said:

noclutch said:

Where does he belong?

That means you were being held back by prestige matchmaking in previous seasons. Aren’t you glad it got fixed?
    Actually, it was the Token system. That proved my original point. No one wants to keep losing at the door, Paragon or UC. Having some progress starting out motivates people to keep trying.
  • Options
    Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,919 ★★★★★

noclutch said:

Where does he belong?
    This post doesn't mean anything. Please explain.
  • Options

noclutch said:

Where does he belong?
    It means, if they've made it to plat, they deserve to be in plat and it doesn't go deeper than that.
  • Options
    CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★

noclutch said:

Where does he belong?
    It means, if they've made it to plat, they deserve to be in plat and it doesn't go deeper than that.
    They only made it because of a system that catered for them to make it... On top of that they don't realize how far they made it with this faulty system... They complain they should be able to reach higher...
  • Options
    Coppin said:

noclutch said:

Where does he belong?
    They only made it because of a system that catered for them to make it... On top of that they don't realize how far they made it with this faulty system... They complain they should be able to reach higher...
    "They" is so generalized. I'm in the same boat. No rank 4's, 2 rank 3's, 17 rank 2's. I'm plat 1 so far and I've beat players with 2.5-4 mil rosters with a 1.3 mil. You're telling me I don't deserve plat 1? We both faced our peers up until plat. When you hit plat you started facing smaller rosters, while I started facing higher rosters, and I still made it past plat 3, past plat 2, and I don't deserve that? I've never complained about having to face higher rosters, as it's the main thing keeping me interested in developing my 6* roster, but I refuse to believe that the work I put in to face rosters like yours is nothing compared to the work you put in to face rosters like mine. Where's the logic in that?
  • Options

Coppin said:

noclutch said:

Where does he belong?
    "They" is so generalized. I'm in the same boat. No rank 4's, 2 rank 3's, 17 rank 2's. I'm plat 1 so far and I've beat players with 2.5-4 mil rosters with a 1.3 mil. You're telling me I don't deserve plat 1? We both faced our peers up until plat. When you hit plat you started facing smaller rosters, while I started facing higher rosters, and I still made it past plat 3, past plat 2, and I don't deserve that? I've never complained about having to face higher rosters, as it's the main thing keeping me interested in developing my 6* roster, but I refuse to believe that the work I put in to face rosters like yours is nothing compared to the work you put in to face rosters like mine. Where's the logic in that?
    And the millions of rating matters how?...
    I mean i got a 4mill + account . I can only use 30 champs same as u... And i doubt i would use any of my maxed 2-5* that make my account 4mill+ ...
    And yes i am saying u dont deserve plat 1 if u have been assigned fights that are doable for u.. because its a competition.
  • Options
    Coppin said:

Coppin said:

noclutch said:

Where does he belong?
    I mean i got a 4mill + account . I can only use 30 champs same as u... And i doubt i would use any of my maxed 2-5* that make my account 4mill+ ...
    And yes i am saying u dont deserve plat 1 if u have been assigned fights that are doable for u.. because its a competition.
    Because the majority of the 4+ mil accounts I face have 3+ 7*s and 6+ rank 4's. I'm still weighed down by 5* rank 4's, so it makes a bit of a difference. Your logic is literally just that if I won fights then I didn't deserve them because they were too easy. We entered the same pool, we fought the same fights, and I made it where I belonged, same as you.

• Options
    edited June 2023

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

noclutch said:

Where does he belong?
    Because the majority of the 4+ mil accounts I face have 3+ 7*s and 6+ rank 4's. I'm still weighed down by 5* rank 4's, so it makes a bit of a difference. Your logic is literally just that if I won fights then I didn't deserve them because they were too easy. We entered the same pool, we fought the same fights, and I made it where I belonged, same as you.

The majority of 4mill + accounts have put way more time than you have. They have done most of the content, they do most of the monthly content.. to the point that they can rank up 2-5* just to get milestones during level up events.
    4 mill acoounts and probably 2 mill if not more from trash 2-4* that are not even relevant in the game anymore.
    Did u earn it? Yes u did.. is it deserved? Probably not...
    Lets use Kabam's logic about content and introduction of the apothecary... Anyone can brute force matches and end up winning a few... And even that deterrent part was taken out.. now u win u earn 2 medals.. u lose 1...So the road was made easier if u count the medal lose rate and on top of that being catered easy matches...
    We might have entered the same pool but you are staneint in the 4 feet side playing against people standing in the 4 feet side while i'm being matched in the deep end.. and your whole road to the pool was tailored for u...
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

noclutch said:

Where does he belong?

The majority of 4mill + accounts have put way more time than you have. They have done most of the content, they do most of the monthly content.. to the point that they can rank up 2-5* just to get milestones during level up events.
    4 mill acoounts and probably 2 mill if not more from trash 2-4* that are not even relevant in the game anymore.
    Lets use Kabam's logic about content and introduction of the apothecary... Anyone can brute force matches and end up winning a few... And even that deterrent part was taken out.. now u win u earn 2 medals.. u lose 1...So the road was made easier if u count the medal lose rate and on top of that being catered easy matches...
    Yes, it was made easier, just as it was made easier for you. The way it was before allowed you to stomp on rosters of my size while I was the one getting stomped on. Now, we've met halfway and we get completely fair fights until plat, where we enter the same pool and fight the same rosters. If we both make it to the same rank, we've both put in the same amount of work. Sure, I've spent less time developing my roster, but I've probably spent much more time actually learning the champions and gaining the experience. My main strategy to take down bigger fights is entirely based off of my draft picks, of which are limited due to not having the resources to rank 2 more champions. Like you'll see in the second picture I posted, the person I was facing had a 7* dragon Man and at least 4 rank 3s, and I beat them with a 6* rank 2 Gorr completely by design. I ranked him because I know that far too many people with large rosters still don't understand how to fight him, and it works out more often than not. I still put in work, I still have years in this game, and I proved it by making it to plat. If you really can't accept that, then you're completely misunderstanding the competition.
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    Or RNG. There is a UC way up there with a R3 Hulkling. Almost guaranteed one win provided not banned.
  • Options
    edited June 2023

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

noclutch said:

Where does he belong?

Yes, it was made easier, just as it was made easier for you. The way it was before allowed you to stomp on rosters of my size while I was the one getting stomped on. Now, we've met halfway and we get completely fair fights until plat, where we enter the same pool and fight the same rosters. If we both make it to the same rank, we've both put in the same amount of work. Sure, I've spent less time developing my roster, but I've probably spent much more time actually learning the champions and gaining the experience. My main strategy to take down bigger fights is entirely based off of my draft picks, of which are limited due to not having the resources to rank 2 more champions. Like you'll see in the second picture I posted, the person I was facing had a 7* dragon Man and at least 4 rank 3s, and I beat them with a 6* rank 2 Gorr completely by design. I ranked him because I know that far too many people with large rosters still don't understand how to fight him, and it works out more often than not. I still put in work, I still have years in this game, and I proved it by making it to plat. If you really can't accept that, then you're completely misunderstanding the competition.
    When lol. In season 1 maybe... After that for season 2-7 didnt get any easy matches.. and had maybe 2 or 3 easy matches at Diamond on this season...
    It's a competition there is no such thing as fair fights... You got catered to Plat... Did u earn it? Yes u put in the work, did u deserve it? No u got catered...
    Lets use a real life situation as an example..
    Lets say I am remodeling my home and i need someone for demolition.. U show up saying u can do the job... I hire u... The next day u show up with a ball pin hammer and start wailing at the walls.. look at you gooo impresive!!! But i can't stop feeling bad for u.. i tell u to go to my garage grab some suitable tools and keep going...did u earn the money? Yeah of course u did.. will i ever call u again cause u deserve the job?.. Nope...
  • Options
    Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,311 ★★★★★

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

noclutch said:

Where does he belong?

This is so wrong. For at least the last 4 seasons if I am not wrong, lower accounts never actually faced off against higher accounts until they reached gladiator circuit. It’s only this season that lower accounts are facing paragons and the so called 4mil+ accounts in plat and beyond.
  • Options
    Graves_3 said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

noclutch said:

Where does he belong?

This is so wrong. For at least the last 4 seasons if I am not wrong, lower accounts never actually faced off against higher accounts until they reached gladiator circuit. It’s only this season that lower accounts are facing paragons and the so called 4mil+ accounts in plat and beyond.
    That's fair, I only played one other season besides this one and I didn't get too into it then. But that sorta just reassures my point that getting to plat now is still an accomplishment and still requires work, no matter the roster size.
  • Options
    Was it intended for lower accounts to be in GC? Blame it on game developer.
  • Options

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

noclutch said:

Where does he belong?

Also there is a part of your post...
    Sure u spent less developing roster but spent more time actually learning?...
    This is the perfect example of people that think.. "Well i got skills.." so u assume me having a large roster means I don't know much of my roster... Interesting...
    Why is that people like you only show their good matches that they are proud of, why dont u show the easy access u had by stomping on accounts?...
    Do you deserve to be in plat 1 cause u beat 1 guy with 7*? Or cause you feel like you know champs better than my bigger roster?...Why are u still a cav with multiple r3s if u got such big knowlesge as oppose to me who just got a roster and don't know what to do with it?