**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Is Bg matchmaking still broken???

124»

Comments

• Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,795 ★★★★★
    I got into Diamond fighting two UCs. Ouch.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ★★★★
    edited June 2023
    Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

noclutch said:

Why TF is a UC player in Plat 2?

Because it's possible? I've been UC for awhile and I've just been growing my roster and got a few lucky crystals pulls. I'm happy to show my BG deck if you would like
    That has nothing to do with it. It's Kabam's awful matchmaking that has propelled you to a level that you do no belong.
    Where does he belong?
    Honestly, in an actually fair system that starts everyone at 0, UC players wouldn't get out of Silver or Gold. Obviously, they would hurt participation so Kabam did the most straightforward thing they could think of and has chosen to give them Prestige matchmaking until Plat.
    @Ironman3000 Thats not necessarily true. And i dont "belong" anywhere except for wherever I work to be
    This post doesn't mean anything. Please explain.
    It means, if they've made it to plat, they deserve to be in plat and it doesn't go deeper than that.
    They only made it because of a system that catered for them to make it... On top of that they don't realize how far they made it with this faulty system... They complain they should be able to reach higher...
    "They" is so generalized. I'm in the same boat. No rank 4's, 2 rank 3's, 17 rank 2's. I'm plat 1 so far and I've beat players with 2.5-4 mil rosters with a 1.3 mil. You're telling me I don't deserve plat 1? We both faced our peers up until plat. When you hit plat you started facing smaller rosters, while I started facing higher rosters, and I still made it past plat 3, past plat 2, and I don't deserve that? I've never complained about having to face higher rosters, as it's the main thing keeping me interested in developing my 6* roster, but I refuse to believe that the work I put in to face rosters like yours is nothing compared to the work you put in to face rosters like mine. Where's the logic in that?
    And the millions of rating matters how?...
    I mean i got a 4mill + account . I can only use 30 champs same as u... And i doubt i would use any of my maxed 2-5* that make my account 4mill+ ...
    And yes i am saying u dont deserve plat 1 if u have been assigned fights that are doable for u.. because its a competition.
    Because the majority of the 4+ mil accounts I face have 3+ 7*s and 6+ rank 4's. I'm still weighed down by 5* rank 4's, so it makes a bit of a difference. Your logic is literally just that if I won fights then I didn't deserve them because they were too easy. We entered the same pool, we fought the same fights, and I made it where I belonged, same as you.

The majority of 4mill + accounts have put way more time than you have. They have done most of the content, they do most of the monthly content.. to the point that they can rank up 2-5* just to get milestones during level up events.
    4 mill acoounts and probably 2 mill if not more from trash 2-4* that are not even relevant in the game anymore.
    Did u earn it? Yes u did.. is it deserved? Probably not...
    Lets use Kabam's logic about content and introduction of the apothecary... Anyone can brute force matches and end up winning a few... And even that deterrent part was taken out.. now u win u earn 2 medals.. u lose 1...So the road was made easier if u count the medal lose rate and on top of that being catered easy matches...
    Yes, it was made easier, just as it was made easier for you. The way it was before allowed you to stomp on rosters of my size while I was the one getting stomped on. Now, we've met halfway and we get completely fair fights until plat, where we enter the same pool and fight the same rosters. If we both make it to the same rank, we've both put in the same amount of work. Sure, I've spent less time developing my roster, but I've probably spent much more time actually learning the champions and gaining the experience. My main strategy to take down bigger fights is entirely based off of my draft picks, of which are limited due to not having the resources to rank 2 more champions. Like you'll see in the second picture I posted, the person I was facing had a 7* dragon Man and at least 4 rank 3s, and I beat them with a 6* rank 2 Gorr completely by design. I ranked him because I know that far too many people with large rosters still don't understand how to fight him, and it works out more often than not. I still put in work, I still have years in this game, and I proved it by making it to plat. If you really can't accept that, then you're completely misunderstanding the competition.
    Also there is a part of your post...
    Sure u spent less developing roster but spent more time actually learning?...
    This is the perfect example of people that think.. "Well i got skills.." so u assume me having a large roster means I don't know much of my roster... Interesting...
    Why is that people like you only show their good matches that they are proud of, why dont u show the easy access u had by stomping on accounts?...
    Do you deserve to be in plat 1 cause u beat 1 guy with 7*? Or cause you feel like you know champs better than my bigger roster?...Why are u still a cav with multiple r3s if u got such big knowlesge as oppose to me who just got a roster and don't know what to do with it?
    I'm not Cav, I'm newly Thronebreaker with 2 rank 3s. No idea where you got that. I believe that if I have skill and spend the time developing my roster, and put in the work to get where a belong, that I deserve to be where I ended up. That's all I'm saying. I spent a long time focusing on enjoying the game and learning my champions, and now I'm at a more competitive and progress focused point. I'm ranking more 6*s than before, I'm playing more competitive game modes, and I deserve to be wherever I worked to end up. I'm not insinuating that you don't understand your roster, I'm saying that the work I put in to my roster to counter other players larger rosters shouldn't be discredited. I deserve to be in plat 1 because I beat the competition in Plat ranks, the same way you got there.

People with large rosters do often know the majority of what it takes to make use out of their characters, but there's a larger amount of people who only use the best of the best champions and don't know how to make use out of a 30 champion deck, and that's the only competitive advantage I currently have. I have a 5* rank 4 AA that likely won't be ranked up for months because people with larger rosters underestimate the free win he gives me. Putting skill and planning into that shouldn't be ignored just because my deck is smaller so that MUST mean I've had nothing but easy matchups. That's my entire point.
  • Options
    CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

noclutch said:

Because it's possible? I've been UC for awhile and I've just been growing my roster and got a few lucky crystals pulls. I'm happy to show my BG deck if you would like
    That has nothing to do with it. It's Kabam's awful matchmaking that has propelled you to a level that you do no belong.
    Where does he belong?
    Honestly, in an actually fair system that starts everyone at 0, UC players wouldn't get out of Silver or Gold. Obviously, they would hurt participation so Kabam did the most straightforward thing they could think of and has chosen to give them Prestige matchmaking until Plat.
    @Ironman3000 Thats not necessarily true. And i dont "belong" anywhere except for wherever I work to be
    It means, if they've made it to plat, they deserve to be in plat and it doesn't go deeper than that.
    They only made it because of a system that catered for them to make it... On top of that they don't realize how far they made it with this faulty system... They complain they should be able to reach higher...
    "They" is so generalized. I'm in the same boat. No rank 4's, 2 rank 3's, 17 rank 2's. I'm plat 1 so far and I've beat players with 2.5-4 mil rosters with a 1.3 mil. You're telling me I don't deserve plat 1? We both faced our peers up until plat. When you hit plat you started facing smaller rosters, while I started facing higher rosters, and I still made it past plat 3, past plat 2, and I don't deserve that? I've never complained about having to face higher rosters, as it's the main thing keeping me interested in developing my 6* roster, but I refuse to believe that the work I put in to face rosters like yours is nothing compared to the work you put in to face rosters like mine. Where's the logic in that?
    I mean i got a 4mill + account . I can only use 30 champs same as u... And i doubt i would use any of my maxed 2-5* that make my account 4mill+ ...
    And yes i am saying u dont deserve plat 1 if u have been assigned fights that are doable for u.. because its a competition.
    Because the majority of the 4+ mil accounts I face have 3+ 7*s and 6+ rank 4's. I'm still weighed down by 5* rank 4's, so it makes a bit of a difference. Your logic is literally just that if I won fights then I didn't deserve them because they were too easy. We entered the same pool, we fought the same fights, and I made it where I belonged, same as you.

The majority of 4mill + accounts have put way more time than you have. They have done most of the content, they do most of the monthly content.. to the point that they can rank up 2-5* just to get milestones during level up events.
    4 mill acoounts and probably 2 mill if not more from trash 2-4* that are not even relevant in the game anymore.
    Lets use Kabam's logic about content and introduction of the apothecary... Anyone can brute force matches and end up winning a few... And even that deterrent part was taken out.. now u win u earn 2 medals.. u lose 1...So the road was made easier if u count the medal lose rate and on top of that being catered easy matches...
    Yes, it was made easier, just as it was made easier for you. The way it was before allowed you to stomp on rosters of my size while I was the one getting stomped on. Now, we've met halfway and we get completely fair fights until plat, where we enter the same pool and fight the same rosters. If we both make it to the same rank, we've both put in the same amount of work. Sure, I've spent less time developing my roster, but I've probably spent much more time actually learning the champions and gaining the experience. My main strategy to take down bigger fights is entirely based off of my draft picks, of which are limited due to not having the resources to rank 2 more champions. Like you'll see in the second picture I posted, the person I was facing had a 7* dragon Man and at least 4 rank 3s, and I beat them with a 6* rank 2 Gorr completely by design. I ranked him because I know that far too many people with large rosters still don't understand how to fight him, and it works out more often than not. I still put in work, I still have years in this game, and I proved it by making it to plat. If you really can't accept that, then you're completely misunderstanding the competition.
    This is the perfect example of people that think.. "Well i got skills.." so u assume me having a large roster means I don't know much of my roster... Interesting...
    Why is that people like you only show their good matches that they are proud of, why dont u show the easy access u had by stomping on accounts?...
    Do you deserve to be in plat 1 cause u beat 1 guy with 7*? Or cause you feel like you know champs better than my bigger roster?...Why are u still a cav with multiple r3s if u got such big knowlesge as oppose to me who just got a roster and don't know what to do with it?
    I'm not Cav, I'm newly Thronebreaker with 2 rank 3s. No idea where you got that. I believe that if I have skill and spend the time developing my roster, and put in the work to get where a belong, that I deserve to be where I ended up. That's all I'm saying. I spent a long time focusing on enjoying the game and learning my champions, and now I'm at a more competitive and progress focused point. I'm ranking more 6*s than before, I'm playing more competitive game modes, and I deserve to be wherever I worked to end up. I'm not insinuating that you don't understand your roster, I'm saying that the work I put in to my roster to counter other players larger rosters shouldn't be discredited. I deserve to be in plat 1 because I beat the competition in Plat ranks, the same way you got there.

People with large rosters do often know the majority of what it takes to make use out of their characters, but there's a larger amount of people who only use the best of the best champions and don't know how to make use out of a 30 champion deck, and that's the only competitive advantage I currently have. Putting skill and planning into that shouldn't be ignored just because my deck is smaller so that MUST mean I've had nothing but easy matchups. That's my entire point.
    Its your 2nd season of BGs... And your 2nd season is the most catered one...
    You are right i thought u were Cav, my mistake...
    You are making so many mistakes too though...
    So your story is that there are people with 4 mill rosters but they only use their tops.. they don't have in consideration the meta..when they have such huge rosters...
    Also your knowledge of the champs... Yours is superior...
    Everyone else bad.. you got skills ..and that's why u deserve your plat 1.. nevermind Players that have load masteries... Buy an extra deck setup.. i guess they just buy the extra deck setup to load the top champs...
    You made it to plat in the MOST catered season yet with the coin win/loss change and "fair matches"..
    Paragons have been struggling with this bogus system since season 2
  • Options
    Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

noclutch said:

Where does he belong?

People with large rosters do often know the majority of what it takes to make use out of their characters, but there's a larger amount of people who only use the best of the best champions and don't know how to make use out of a 30 champion deck, and that's the only competitive advantage I currently have. Putting skill and planning into that shouldn't be ignored just because my deck is smaller so that MUST mean I've had nothing but easy matchups. That's my entire point.
    So your story is that there are people with 4 mill rosters but they only use their tops.. they don't have in consideration the meta..when they have such huge rosters...
    Everyone else bad.. you got skills ..and that's why u deserve your plat 1.. nevermind Players that have load masteries... Buy an extra deck setup.. i guess they just buy the extra deck setup to load the top champs...
    You made it to plat in the MOST catered season yet with the coin win/loss change and "fair matches"..
    How is this possibly the most catered season yet? As the other person just stated, this season is the first to force lower accounts against higher tier opponents at plat and beyond. If anything, it's the least. And you're already making so many assumptions. By no means do I think I'm the best player in the world. I think I'm good enough for Plat 1, which is exactly where I am.

Everyone is using their top champions, the meta is literally just Masochism, it's not difficult to counter. Just like I showed you, one roster I went up against drafted their 7* Dragon Man and decided to use their 5* Galan instead, even though Dragon Man is a much better counter to the Gorr that I placed. I knew Gorr was gonna cause some trouble, but even I underestimated how little they understood their own roster. You're clearly only listening to the fact that my roster isn't the biggest and taking that to mean that I don't deserve literally anything that I earn. We're fighting against the same competition now, so wherever I make it past plat 3 is exactly where I deserve to be. There's no twisting that.
  • Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,795 ★★★★★
    Why is using 5-Star Galan an inferior choice? Maybe mom called, maybe the little one bumped head, maybe the cat jumped on their lap.
  • Options

Why is using 5-Star Galan an inferior choice? Maybe mom called, maybe the little one bumped head, maybe the cat jumped on their lap.

Melting cosmics with Dragon Man is the most satisfying feeling, trust.
  • Options
    CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

noclutch said:

Where does he belong?

How is this possibly the most catered season yet? As the other person just stated, this season is the first to force lower accounts against higher tier opponents at plat and beyond. If anything, it's the least. And you're already making so many assumptions. By no means do I think I'm the best player in the world. I think I'm good enough for Plat 1, which is exactly where I am.

Everyone is using their top champions, the meta is literally just Masochism, it's not difficult to counter. Just like I showed you, one roster I went up against drafted their 7* Dragon Man and decided to use their 5* Galan instead, even though Dragon Man is a much better counter to the Gorr that I placed. I knew Gorr was gonna cause some trouble, but even I underestimated how little they understood their own roster. You're clearly only listening to the fact that my roster isn't the biggest and taking that to mean that I don't deserve literally anything that I earn. We're fighting against the same competition now, so wherever I make it past plat 3 is exactly where I deserve to be. There's no twisting that.
    No I am clearly pointing out that u got catered to plat 1...
    Everyone is not using their top champions, everyone is using champions suitable to the meta... And that's why i say u got catered.. cause u got the assumption that the players you beat don't know what they are doing, cause u think your time invested on your small roster is pure skill and the others is just dumb bigger rosters..
    U are showing me a screenshot . I don't know who placed defense first, who picked what... That doest not mean you had mote knowledge.
    This is the most catered season cause people didnt get a 1-1 penalize for win/lose...because u didnt start facing bigger rosters until plat ..
    How did u do on your first season with tour great knowledge of champs playing against ignorant big rosters?
  • Options
    Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

noclutch said:

Where does he belong?

No I am clearly pointing out that u got catered to plat 1...
    Everyone is not using their top champions, everyone is using champions suitable to the meta... And that's why i say u got catered.. cause u got the assumption that the players you beat don't know what they are doing, cause u think your time invested on your small roster is pure skill and the others is just dumb bigger rosters..
    U are showing me a screenshot . I don't know who placed defense first, who picked what... That doest not mean you had mote knowledge.
    This is the most catered season cause people didnt get a 1-1 penalize for win/lose...because u didnt start facing bigger rosters until plat ..
    How did u do on your first season with tour great knowledge of champs playing against ignorant big rosters?
    You clearly just think "small roster, must've gotten lucky". It's a toxic mindset to have, but you do you bro, I'm done with this.
  • Options
    Markjv81Markjv81 Posts: 1,003 ★★★★
    TheVol said:

Markjv81 said:

This is not the definition of broken.

Until you realise he wont be able to do solo objectives and will lose out on quite alot of rewards
    I fail to see how this stops him from doing objectives, and even if it does there’s been plenty of objectives and content that I have been able to do because of roster strength.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,687 Guardian
    Coppin said:

Everyone is not using their top champions, everyone is using champions suitable to the meta...

This presumes there is such a thing as top champs outside the BG meta.

There's only strength relative to content, including BG content. There's no such things as the strongest champs in isolation, because in isolation no champ has any utility to judge.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,254 ★★★★★
    In this particular case, the Champs are usually specific to Masochism. Which can be a pain with any Regen Champs, or Suicides. It's been both an invigorating and frustrating Season. Lol.
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,250 ★★★★★
    Tbh, I kinda enjoy the current system.

True, it's harder at lower VT ranks, but it's a 2/1 medal ratio for wins/losses, so it's easier to progress, even at a 50% win rate. But once you hit Plat, it becomes so easy to move into higher ranks as you displace those that have made it there with a less developed roster.
  • Options
    Superstar_1126Superstar_1126 Posts: 405 ★★

Wow i didnt realze this would create such a heated discussion (or argument)

You must be new then as every thread on this subject over the past 8 months (dozens and dozens of them) end up very similar to this (to include with most of the same people in each post). In fact, this was actually tame compared to many on this topic.
    Is this still quite tame....? @Chatterofforums
  • Options
    ChatterofforumsChatterofforums Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★

Wow i didnt realze this would create such a heated discussion (or argument)

You must be new then as every thread on this subject over the past 8 months (dozens and dozens of them) end up very similar to this (to include with most of the same people in each post). In fact, this was actually tame compared to many on this topic.
    Is this still quite tame....? @Chatterofforums
    Very much so, at least in comparison to other posts over past 7+ months on this same subject. The fact that this one hasn't been shutdown yet (unlike numerous others on sale subject) shows how much tamer it is than many in the past.
  • Options
    Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,919 ★★★★★

noclutch said:

Where does he belong?
    If they got to Plat by avoiding top accounts then they do not deserve to be there.

I can't beat my buddy at golf today and join the PGA tour tomorrow.
  • Options

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

noclutch said:

Where does he belong?

Holy hell the bolded is just such garbage.
  • Options

noclutch said:

Where does he belong?
    If they got to Plat by avoiding top accounts then they do not deserve to be there.

From bronze to gold everyone gets matched with similar rosters. Big accounts and small accounts. Meaning we both put in the same amount of work to beat our peers until Plat, where we stop facing our peers and just start facing everyone in that tier. This system works the exact same for every single account no matter the size. How is the work I put in to get to plat any worse when we both faced similar accounts to our own the whole way there? Again, it's this same mindset that just because my account is smaller then I'll never deserve to be exactly where I am. You can hate what I say all you want, but you don't know the view from down here man. As long as I am in Plat 1, I deserve to be in Plat 1. I won the required fights, I put the resources into building my roster, same as you. You keep trying to make it deeper than that, but all you're doing is showing how mind bogglingly disconnected from the actual reality and economy of the game you really are.
  • Options

noclutch said:

Where does he belong?

From bronze to gold everyone gets matched with similar rosters. Big accounts and small accounts. Meaning we both put in the same amount of work to beat our peers until Plat, where we stop facing our peers and just start facing everyone in that tier. This system works the exact same for every single account no matter the size. How is the work I put in to get to plat any worse when we both faced similar accounts to our own the whole way there? Again, it's this same mindset that just because my account is smaller then I'll never deserve to be exactly where I am. You can hate what I say all you want, but you don't know the view from down here man. As long as I am in Plat 1, I deserve to be in Plat 1. I won the required fights, I put the resources into building my roster, same as you. You keep trying to make it deeper than that, but all you're doing is showing how mind bogglingly disconnected from the actual reality and economy of the game you really are.
    Wrong.

Beating peers at lower levers is nowhere the same as at the top levels. It is not debatable.
  • Options

noclutch said:

Where does he belong?

Wrong.

Beating peers at lower levers is nowhere the same as at the top levels. It is not debatable.
    Again: "you don't know the view from down here", as well as "all you're doing is showing how mind bogglingly disconnected from the actual reality and economy of the game you really are"
  • Options

noclutch said:

Where does he belong?

Wrong.

Again: "you don't know the view from down here", as well as "all you're doing is showing how mind bogglingly disconnected from the actual reality and economy of the game you really are"
    WTF are you talking about? Top-tier matches are nowhere the same as mid and low-tier matches. That's not an opinion, it's a fact.