**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
**KNOWN BG ISSUE**
We are aware of an issue with the seeding for the beginning of the BG season.
We are adding rewards to higher progression brackets to offset the additional grind.
More information here.
**Arcade is being extra tricky with his Murder Box...**
It appears Arcade has been non-cooperative in his approach to this month's side quest and presented his clues in a nonsensical order. Lucky you, Summoners, we have our best and brightest on the case and those clues should now be a lot more straightforward. While messing around in Arcade's files we came across a phrase, highlighted and bolded, with sparkles and pointy arrows: "the abode for the dead" ... Maybe that will help you along the way!
Options

Thank you for closing the Revive farm

Just want to say Thank you Kabam for eliminating revives. They were the food that kept me running on this hamster wheel of a game. I was angry at first, but now that I'm not playing the game (no revives to grind the content) I'm free of the madness... thank you!!! Truly liberating!!!

Comments

• Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,994 ★★★★★
    Blux2u said:

I'm aware of my abilities, I'm not an elite player like yourselves, for sure, but most of us need revives to progress, and I'm sure that there will be a big drop-off from those of us that are mid-tier players... so your right, the play of us less than elite players will go down, our progress will slow or stop, and the game will suffer, cause we also do spend, or we used to... but I spent for champs and promotion resources, not revives, I can't spend there, new champs and promotions are forever, revives are just too temporary

Who said I was an elite player? I am extremely average. I only have 1 r4 6*. However I have beaten 7.4 kang and am working my way through 8.1. Yet I've never farmed revives or even used the apothecary. I also don't farm units. Want to know how I've progressed? By waiting for proper counters to content, waiting for my stash of boosts to fill back up after I do a push, and saving units and 4hr crystals. Does this mean there are periods when I only do side quest or eq and no story or Everest content? Precisely. Take the game at your own pace. So what if I'm not caught up like mega whales and paragons? It's your game. Not theirs.

• Options
    Blux2u said:

Agreed, that's a strategy, and that's essentially what I'm doing, slowing way down. Its just a shame in my opinion, creating content that is that hard, in a game with so many play problems, so buggy, and then remove resources that balance those things is just wrong headed, they will lose player interest, cause waiting for right counters, resources, and such will put you so far behind the spenders.... I have 7 R4 champs and five 7*s, so its just a disappointment to me that they changed it so dramatically

Unless your a big spender, you will never keep up with them even if you farm revives to clear content asap. Your not supposed to keep up with spenders. Unless you really want to spend.
  • Options
    Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★
    I just did a farm run, got 2 energy refills and 2 revives in one run. Can’t auto fight it, but some content still rewards more than it takes?
  • Options
    OpandemonioOpandemonio Posts: 1,277 ★★★★
    Buttehrs said:

Its still easy to get revives. You just can't have as many as you want. If you need that many revives anyways you were doing content not meant for you yet.

Yeah, I bet you solo every new boss at first try
  • Options

Buttehrs said:

Its still easy to get revives. You just can't have as many as you want. If you need that many revives anyways you were doing content not meant for you yet.

If I don't then guess what I do? I quit the path and restart and bring a different counter or practice instead of using up all my resources. It's clear that alot of people think brute force is the best way to go. It's not.
  • Options
    OpandemonioOpandemonio Posts: 1,277 ★★★★
    Buttehrs said:

Buttehrs said:

If I don't then guess what I do? I quit the path and restart and bring a different counter or practice instead of using up all my resources. It's clear that alot of people think brute force is the best way to go. It's not.
    Oh I see, you get to 5% health of the boss, then quit to start all over, or even, 1%
  • Options

Buttehrs said:

Buttehrs said:

Oh I see, you get to 5% health of the boss, then quit to start all over, or even, 1%
    Sometimes yes. If I can get them that low then I can surely get them in one shot on another try. Your acting like it's impossible to 1 shot bosses. It's not. If you know for a fact you can one shot the boss, then why bother wasting a revive? It's alot easier to wait for energy to refill than it is to waste the revive.
  • Options
    Blux2uBlux2u Posts: 23
    We aren't all wired the same, some need to push through, some can wait, etc. We need to appreciate our differences and revel in our success together at the game, and help Kabam make better decisions
  • Options

Buttehrs said:

Star lord from carina challenges want to have a chat with you
    I mean outside of the extremely obvious ones like that. There's no two ways around that one lol.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,360 ★★★★★
    If you need to farm that many Revives on a regular basis, your skills are not developing properly.
  • Options
    TyphoonTyphoon Posts: 1,766 ★★★★★
    Blux2u said:

Just want to say Thank you Kabam for eliminating revives. They were the food that kept me running on this hamster wheel of a game. I was angry at first, but now that I'm not playing the game (no revives to grind the content) I'm free of the madness... thank you!!! Truly liberating!!!

See you on July 4th dude!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ★★★★
    Blux2u said:

Lol, I've been playing since the beginning, I won't get better, not everyone can be that good... some of us are just mid-tier, my 3.6 million account and my former 90+ million alliance confirm that this is as good as I'll be, and I don't enjoy elite content...

ACT 7 was so fun (100% complete) but not EOP or Abyss for me.. I never completed act 6 cause it sux, but 8.1 is 100%, I use revives, and I'm sure I'm not alone... and while I pick up a few revives, it's too big a reduction IMO to sustain mid-tier players.... all I'm saying

You're not getting better because you relied on revives until this point. Now that's not an option, and you're going to adapt.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,360 ★★★★★
    In my experience, there's no such thing as a Player that can't improve. Unless there's some form of disability that inhibits such, and even then there are variations of improvement. We're always improving. Growth is a continual process.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,974 Guardian
    Blux2u said:

I'm aware of my abilities, I'm not an elite player like yourselves, for sure, but most of us need revives to progress, and I'm sure that there will be a big drop-off from those of us that are mid-tier players... so your right, the play of us less than elite players will go down, our progress will slow or stop, and the game will suffer, cause we also do spend, or we used to... but I spent for champs and promotion resources, not revives, I can't spend there, new champs and promotions are forever, revives are just too temporary

Actually, the game would be in a much better place if players played within their limits. The idea that the game will suffer if it doesn't allow players to do whatever they want is pretty specious. The game will always have whales. The game will always have free to play players. For every player that decides if they can't have infinite revives fall from the sky they won't bother pushing at all, there will be other players that decide that the content is now worth attempting precisely because it isn't something everyone isn't just blasting through with infinite revives.

And all of the content in the game is designed within the context of the player performance data the game collects. The devs know what percentage of players complete the Abyss, complete every Carina's challenge objective, complete TB EQ. Difficulty is tuned over time to those numbers. In the long run content that is created for the game will be created to be balanced for a game without those huge revive pools, and that will make them more achievable without resorting to huge numbers of revives. That makes future content accessible to a wider subset of players, and not just the extreme farmers.

Every game decision is a trade off. And contrary to what most people believe, they are not the singularly most important player. Eliminating the lower Act revive farms made the game difficult for the players who relied upon them, but it will make the game better overall for everyone else. That trade off doesn't hurt the game in the long run.

The game doesn't need you. It doesn't need me either. The game needs a healthy environment for the majority of players, and to be inviting for future players of the game. The revive farms were a huge benefit for a tiny minority, at the expense of driving the top tier content to be unreachable for anyone who wasn't a revive farmer. The apothecary still allows plenty of revives for the majority of players who just need the occasional potion. It isn't enough for players whose sole means of progress was to push into parts of the game where they needed huge numbers of them. The game doesn't need those players to survive, and in fact is hurt by catering to them.
  • Options
    Blux2uBlux2u Posts: 23
    All interesting and good points, and I agree with the majority, which I why I also agree that infinite revives isn't necessary, I'm not asking for that nor did i farm more than a handful at a time when needed. I do believe that the new constraints are too tight currently. I might be wrong, but I believe that the drop off in play due to the constrained resources will result in the easing of those constraints in the future.

Time is a big part of the issue. When you have an opportunity to get some goals done, you can prepare resources quickly, but the trickle of them now won't allow that to happen. I don't need a hundred, but when you need 10 or 20 to attack goal because time became available, it's nice to have the resources to quickly fill up... but F-me, I'm apparently pathetic and inept, after 8 or 9 years of playing the game... oh well, said my piece, I'm done
  • Options
    Drago_von_DragoDrago_von_Drago Posts: 781 ★★★★
    I keep seeing people say “If you can’t do it without revives you’re not good enough, get better.” For story content and EQ stuff that’s fair. You should be able to get through those things itemless. Revives can help if you slip up or are impatient but an energy refill is cheaper than a revive so it really is better to restart if you have the time. Every run you’ll learn the nodes or fights better and should be able to get it done. I restarted plenty of paths in 8.2 many times until I got it figured out. If you can’t get though a path without 10+ revives then you either need a stronger roster or more practice or you need to learn how to counter whatever is causing you problems.

My confusion is things like EOP and Carina’s challenges. I saw posts saying the average EOP run took 20+ revives. If the intent from the dev team is that most people don’t complete them that’s fine but they were introduced when revives were more available so many people were able to revive their way through. That’s less of an option now without spending a lot more time saving and with the inventory cap at 10 and the slower accumulation you have to worry about them expiring.

How many of you completed most Carinas Challenges or EOP paths without revives?

The other thing that doesn’t get mentioned is that the old go-to farm still wasn’t free. I traded my energy for those revives when I had energy to spare but not the time to actually play. I’d put it on auto fight to build up a few revives and potions when the energy would have otherwise gone to waste. Removing that option just means I don’t open the game as much which seems counterproductive for the game.

Overall it seems like the content was released when revives were more accessible so reducing the availability now should result in a reduction in the difficulty now unless they felt things had been out of balance for years but let it go until now.
  • Options
    RasiloverRasilover Posts: 1,469 ★★★★
    Wait till the Abyss sequel drops 🫢