**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Announcing Act 5 Chapter 4: Cornerstone

Comments

• VavasourVavasour Posts: 258
    edited December 2017
    Vavasour wrote: »
    This sounds like a legal and/or Marvel/Disney issue relating to content and not a technical issue.

Congrats, you win most ridiculous post of the week.

I don’t think so, technical issues usually have known corrective measures which can be then process mapped and tested with associated timelines assigned.
  • OmniOmni Posts: 574 ★★★
    Has new content been released on any other day aside from Wednesday ? I.e. if the server issue is resolved sometime in the next day or so will we see it released then (after extensive testing) or will it be released next Wednesday at the earliest?
  • TheBaldAvengerTheBaldAvenger Posts: 255 ★★
    This sounds like a legal and/or Marvel/Disney issue relating to content and not a technical issue.

Congrats, you win most ridiculous post of the week.

I don’t think so, technical issues usually have known corrective measures which can be then process mapped and tested with associated timelines assigned.

a9y02qwvnd1m.png
  • Black_AmunBlack_Amun Posts: 17
    I think these server issues were a smoke screen to delay 5.4 for other reasons...As soon as they announced that it would be delayed until further notice, miraculously the server issues were resolved. The only other developer that has been this dishonest and shady is EA...
  • BudderBudder Posts: 12
    I’m still having some issues with the servers and still was having pretty bad ones when the delay was announced.
  • TeeJayFlashTeeJayFlash Posts: 152
    Either it's my connection..(doubtful) or these issues are coming back to haunt us....
  • KDawg88KDawg88 Posts: 53
    Black_Amun wrote: »
    I think these server issues were a smoke screen to delay 5.4 for other reasons...As soon as they announced that it would be delayed until further notice, miraculously the server issues were resolved. The only other developer that has been this dishonest and shady is EA...

I agree. As soon as the first server problem occured they announced they may have to delay 5.4 which I found to be a bit extreme seeing as we have server issues constantly. And like you said as soon as it was announced as delayed the servers went back to normal. It’s more than just a coincedence that these numerous server faults coincided with the release of 5.4
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,870 ★★★★★

They have no reasons to delay it though, maybe the servers have been... erm... fixed, so that's why it's sweet now?

Also they Beta test Act 5 so surely any issues would of come up whenever they did that.

I just hope it drops today, you really think they want to tell us all it's coming, have everyone blast a load of units on items for it, and then delay it to make everyone's items expire?

That would be a huge ball ache, so I'm sure it's for the best they delayed it, mainly due to people starting a legend run and it would go off.
  • NMEONESNMEONES Posts: 260 ★★

They have no reasons to delay it though, maybe the servers have been... erm... fixed, so that's why it's sweet now?

Also they Beta test Act 5 so surely any issues would of come up whenever they did that.

I just hope it drops today, you really think they want to tell us all it's coming, have everyone blast a load of units on items for it, and then delay it to make everyone's items expire?

That would be a huge ball ache, so I'm sure it's for the best they delayed it, mainly due to people starting a legend run and it would go off.

Anyone attempting a legend run as soon as it drops are doomed to fail drastically.
  • Yeap legend runners doing it before at least a month from now are just not gonna get it...
  • NMEONESNMEONES Posts: 260 ★★
    Servers been running smooth [at least on our end] since yesterday... hopefully they drop 5.4 today.
  • superunknown012superunknown012 Posts: 413 ★★
    With 5.4 being designed as it is with the close-zoom camera I feel like anyone attempting a legends run right out the gate is just foolish. You have until the end of January, why not wait until someone else has gone in and mapped everything out? If you're trying right away you're going to get beat out by someone else more prepared anyway.
  • X4ONEX4ONE Posts: 3
    edited December 2017
    With 5.4 being designed as it is with the close-zoom camera I feel like anyone attempting a legends run right out the gate is just foolish. You have until the end of January, why not wait until someone else has gone in and mapped everything out? If you're trying right away you're going to get beat out by someone else more prepared anyway.

Big players don't have an option, they need to play it anyways and hope for the best; just because it'll be weeks before 5.4 is fully revealed with all paths,nodes and champs.
    Plus one does not really need the full map to get there faster, you just need to not die as much and with 5 R4 5stars, were still looking at a big advantage . Not to mention it will take hrs to do a speed run, so they may not have the time next month per say.
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,498 ★★★★★
    edited December 2017
    X4ONE wrote: »
    Big players don't have an option, they need to play it anyways and hope for the best; just because it'll be weeks before 5.4 is fully revealed with all paths,nodes and champs.
    Plus one does not really need the full map to get there faster, you just need to not die as much and with 5 R4 5stars, there is still have a big advantage we're looking at. Not to mention it will take hrs to do a speed run, so they may not have the time next month per say.

More like within 24 hours...not weeks.
  • superunknown012superunknown012 Posts: 413 ★★

Plus one does not really need the full map to get there faster, you just need to not die as much and with 5 R4 5stars, there is still have a big advantage we're looking at. Not to mention it will take hrs to do a speed run, so they may not have the time next month per say.

Respectfully disagree. Big players don't have an option? You're talking hundreds of thousands of players - realistically how many worldwide are going to make an attempt at a legend run? 10,000? Only 100 get it. Every advantage helps and anyone who seriously wants to attempt it is putting themself at a disadvantage by jumping right in.

As for not having the time I find that hard to believe as well. What are the chances that Wednesday December 13th is the only day they'd be able to carve out the time between now on January 31st?

I still maintain that going right in is foolish.
  • X4ONEX4ONE Posts: 3
    Raganator wrote: »

I doubt content like this will be revealed fully before legends run is over. We're talking 5* Thanos who will most likely be the top prestige 5* at R5. I'm just assuming here, but of course I want that map lol .
    Raganator wrote: »

I doubt content like this will be revealed fully before legends run is over. We're talking 5* Thanos who will most likely be the top prestige 5* at R5. I'm just assuming here, but of course I want that map lol .

All you need is your alliance mates (who are not going for a legend run) to scout it out.
  • I bet a map will be out within a day, two at the most
  • Better ones will roll out over time, but enough to know every node and path plus abilities
  • SteelCurtainMUTSteelCurtainMUT Posts: 432 ★★
    DalBot wrote: »
    Curious why there isn't an in-game announcement. Not every player knows to check the forums. This is really not a good look.

Good question. There are reasons that we can't simply put out a message in game right away. From translation time to checking all of those messages in each language, it's not quick or easy, and we have to have messages for each language. It's why you'll see timely things pop up in the forums quicker than in game messages.

That doesn't mean that there won't be one, it's just going to be later than when we posted this information, because we still wanted to get the information out to you all as soon as possible.

Google translate will change your life!
  • DrOctavius2_2DrOctavius2_2 Posts: 432 ★★
    Never underestimate their greediness, most likely will be released once everyone’s items have expired.
  • KojegKojeg Posts: 11
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Wolf hey guys the game is stable now.. please release the content at 10am PST ..
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

You think Kabam sabotaged the servers or intentionally screwed up the game so they could blame the servers so they could have an excuse to delay 5.4 and upset their customers? Makes perfect sense lol. No doubt the double evade glitch, fight freeze etc., were all carefully engineered glitches too!
  • ApacheApache Posts: 558 ★★

05d.jpg
  • Stu198311Stu198311 Posts: 76
    What time do these guys start work?
    Stu198311 wrote: »
    What time do these guys start work?

Are we there yet?
    Are we there yet?
    Are we there yet?
  • DonybDonyb Posts: 125
    9300wmt2o3ou.jpeg