**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Class Action Law Suit

2»

Comments

• Options
    Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,304 ★★★★★

Booya4 said:

Booya4 said:

Best to go cold-turkey; uninstall and remove yourself

Please take your own advice.
    Alas, I have multiple times over the years. The addiction is real. At least I can admit it.

I can also voice my opinion without trying to dump on someone else’s. Only the insecure and immature cowards troll on an anonymous forum. Like the OP said, I hope this outlet helps you deal with whatever failings you obviously can’t address in real life.
    You're literally on here spreading conspiracy theories. Those aren't allowed here.
    I didn’t read it as a conspiracy theory. Seemed like the poster was just advising OP to uninstall game and move on if they are unhappy with the bugs.
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,675 Guardian
    Graves_3 said:

Booya4 said:

Booya4 said:

Best to go cold-turkey; uninstall and remove yourself

Please take your own advice.
    Alas, I have multiple times over the years. The addiction is real. At least I can admit it.

I can also voice my opinion without trying to dump on someone else’s. Only the insecure and immature cowards troll on an anonymous forum. Like the OP said, I hope this outlet helps you deal with whatever failings you obviously can’t address in real life.
    You're literally on here spreading conspiracy theories. Those aren't allowed here.
    I didn’t read it as a conspiracy theory. Seemed like the poster was just advising OP to uninstall game and move on if they are unhappy with the bugs.
    The poster did make their account yesterday, so it is likely they're trying to dodge a ban they just got on another account.
  • Options
    Skydad23 said:

What MCOC has at this point is not bugs. Bugs are issues that can be addressed and fixed. It’s no longer a bug if it has been here two years, it’s part of the game. Nobody can convince me that in two years they could not have fixed input issues if it was something they truly wanted to do. I mean they’re literally getting worse used to mainly be Parry in dexterity. Now you get phantom Dash forwards attacking when you’re trying to block. Missed heavies. In my opinion, the game is broke and obviously their resources are going other places rather than trying to fix it. So to me that means it is part of the game.

I mean checks out. That’s usually the excuse players use for player friendly bugs to stay. “It’s been in the game so long it should just stay” “such character was bugged for so long make it part of their kit”
  • Options
    ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,089 ★★★★★
    Booya4 said:

A class action lawsuit would be awesome to see. I love the idea. Trying, however, to prove that kabam intentionally allows/promotes/creates the multitude of bugs in their game to encourage customers to futilely spend real money on in-game resources would be pretty tough.

Maybe one of the kabam middle-management shills will grow a conscience and turn whistleblower. They would reveal a bunch of internal memos that demonstrate how kabam accidentally stumbled upon their biggest profit making business model. I imagine it would describe how they were surprised to see the correlation between crappy game quality and higher spending. Then they experimented by introducing more frustrating bugs and overclocked AI and discovered that led to even better profit. They realized they had achieved the highly coveted gaming equivalent of drug or gambling dependency and could count on the addicted mcoc community to spend more regardless of frustration or pain level. They could do all this while hiding behind the ToS and throwing the burden back on the consumer to prove each instance of a bug even though any kabam employee could pick up any device at any time and reproduce every bug ever described within minutes of playing.

Yeah, while a class action lawsuit to hold the company accountable for a worsening gaming experience would feel like some vindication for frustrated players it is just not realistic. Best to go cold-turkey; uninstall and remove yourself from the addiction.

This went through so many leaps, twists and turns, it earned the gold medal for best gymnastics performance... And then it lost said medal for popping a positive for P.E.D.s.

Beyond the Leaps and Bounds you've made, one thing in your final segment I think gets ignored the most: a class action lawsuit wouldn't really be an effective tool for change or profit but simply just a way to people to take out their frustrations on the company and the game.

Not to mention everybody knows that a successful class action lawsuit would most likely cause the company to go bankrupt and the game servers to be shut down, so at least, you're fully aware of the mutually assured destruction that would be guaranteed by such an endeavor.
  • Options
    The_only_leaderThe_only_leader Posts: 112
    NickSDC said:

Just out of curiosity, how has this not happened yet?

There's been a number of times where I've spent money on resources, use said resources in a specific game mode, only to be rendered useless due to bugs & game crashes. And when you email for support, you get nothing. I can't be the only one.

Isn't this called bad faith? Don't companies get suit for garbafe this like this? I'm guessing Kabam will delete this post in attempt to sweep this under the rug. But aren't you guys tired of them not addressing your concerns? I can't believe they've gotten away with this for so long.

One problem I had was being charged twice for the same unit package. I talked to support about they refund the money but also put my account in negative units. I was so mad. They do get away with scamming people and we are stupid enough to keep supporting them. So to Answer your question… they will keep getting away with and we will all keep putting up with unfortunately because we’re bored and have nothing else better to do and they know it.
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 5,988 ★★★★★
    1199345 said:

Not to be "that guy", but the game works 99.999% of the time for me. Note 10+, mobile data, and recently ran 8.2...

Literally zero problems...

Same here. I think it's way more difficult of an issue for Kabam to tackle than many give it credit for. Some people have had 0 issues at all, some people experience issues sporadically, and for some the game is unplayable.
  • Options
    Wu_Bangerz23Wu_Bangerz23 Posts: 815 ★★★
    ahmynuts said:

1199345 said:

Not to be "that guy", but the game works 99.999% of the time for me. Note 10+, mobile data, and recently ran 8.2...

Literally zero problems...

Same here. I think it's way more difficult of an issue for Kabam to tackle than many give it credit for. Some people have had 0 issues at all, some people experience issues sporadically, and for some the game is unplayable.
    I think this is more or less the general answer. There are bugs. NOBODY is bug free....the more you play the more bugs you will see. If I play for ten hours today I'm sure I'll have 10-20 dropped inputs, heavies being interrupted or some nonsense that causes me to take a combo to the face. I can live with that as this is essentially a free to play mobile game that is fast approaching it's 10th birthday, which is incredible for a mobile games lifespan.....it's in the 0.001% that have stayed in top for this long ......

The thing that is more than a bug and is inexcusable is battlegrounds issues , especially the whole "sorry you crashed so you get zero points". It's been prevalent since season 2 and has progressively gotten worse with every season. There's no excuse for this and if they want bg to be the focal point of the game (which it has been) then they need to spend all their time, money, energy and resources to fix it before piling on any more new content
  • Options
    ChiliDogChiliDog Posts: 883 ★★★
    edited June 2023
    Deleted. Don't need another forum warning/ban.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ★★★★
    ChiliDog said:

Conspiracy theory: Angel, Demonz, and Grounded all have a plastic ring with a big K on it that buzzes whenever something is said bad about Kabam on the forums. No way they get any sleep.

Don't overthink the bugs. The game is never going to play exactly like it did before the unity changes. We either accept it and scream occasionally at our phones or move on. Report what we can and hopefully their tin can sir-taps-a-lot can reproduce it.

Just woke up :(
  • Options
    We have to find the ring at the bottom of a cereal box first. Def not a first try type of thing
  • Options
    klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,429 ★★★★
    this is fun. I'm currently a plaintiff on one class action suit a well as a defendant on another. one has been ongoing since 2014, the other i got served with three weeks ago, both the results of what goes on in every bankruptcy case ever. no one is shaking in their booties about kids on a message board invoking class action suits without knowing what that even is, or the years it takes just to get to the first set of court dates. if you want to sue Netmarble directly, the line starts to your left.

on a more fun note, i played the game and had fun. the end.
  • Options
    MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    Curious, out of those who are proposing a class-action, how many of you are still playing every day? I’d probably put good money on 99%.

Kabam are guilty of being careless in their content releases and there are things that all of us wish they would do better. Ultimately Kabam own the account.

That being said, this is one of the mobile games with the greatest longevity on the market, one of the most popular as well, and there’s a reason for that; it’s also one of the best.
  • Options
    hburns03hburns03 Posts: 74
    NickSDC said:

Upset me? No. Made me laugh. Yes.

Really? Your posts seem like your really angry. Nevertheless, I hope whatever is bothering you alleviates itself, so you don't project your anger onto others.
    don’t worry. all that guy ever does is defend kabam and ridicule every single person that posts anything in this forum
  • Options
    hburns03hburns03 Posts: 74
    Rookiie said:

ahmynuts said:

Rookiie said:

NickSDC said:

You obviously haven't read the ToS. Not like you'd understand it anyway.

I'm sorry to of upset you. It was a legitimate question. Thank you for taking time to respond. I hope you have a better day.

I had an error 404 moment because I couldn’t comprehend the first sentence.
    Then I realized …

Time for a lesson mate, one which I hope will benefit you on a professional and personal level:

I am sorry to HAVE upset you. Not of. Have.

You use ‘of’ when an object is made ‘of’ or a part ‘of’ something (Jam is made *of* fruit, you are a part *of* a community).
    You use ‘have’ when you have done something (I *have* upset you), or when you own something (I *have* the keys).

So, you are sorry to have upset @Demonzfyre, not sorry to of upset @Demonzfyre.
    In his defense. Depending on where he's from. If he spoke the sentence out loud, it might sound like, "Im sorry to've (to ove-> to of) upset you." Still doesn't make sense why it would be typed like that though lol

You’re right, but it’s still grammatically incorrect. I’ve never seen ‘ve in front of a vowel, I believe it always follows a consonant, but in speech it’s not hard to imagine one saying to’ve. Having said that, this mistake is more common than you’d imagine, I see it quite often on the internet.

❌ “Would of”
    ❌ “Could of”
    ❌ “Should of”

You’ll probably start noticing it going forward.
    you’re the real life sheldon cooper
  • Options
    CoMinowCoMinow Posts: 297

NickSDC said:

Could you imagine buying something from Amazon or Wal-Mart, having an issue with that product, only to be ignored when you bring it up to them? How does Kabam get a free pass to do this?

No one enjoys issues. Least of which Kabam.
    It is worth noting that you do not buy anything for ownership. You lease the right to use their product. We have no proprietary stake in the company or the game they produce.
    I understand the frustration, and I get what you're saying, but there are a myriad of factors that go into resolving issues for a range of devices and two platforms. It's not that simple.
    This may not be the answer you like to hear, but there is no legal action you could take. Nor would it resolve bugs faster.
    Why would you think a for profit company(not kabam) doesn’t enjoy such issues ?… you’re always the Apple polisher it’s truly tragic that you use your powers for evil, in defense manipulation the and misleading corporations. Possibly the ToS is impossible to work around. More likely arbitrators rule in favor of the company regardless of fact. Now that we’ve established the hypothetical scenario in which a company (not Kabam) has no possibility of legal repercussions for any possible action. Now let’s pretend what a completely insulated company might do if it could.

Use of gambler addiction triggers ( without gambling addiction warnings)

Manipulation of drop rates via character rarity without disclosing unequal rates for each individual characters

Not disclosing possible variable drops rates based on past spending habits and acquisitions

Disclosing real money purchase information in a separate location from where the purchase is being made( maybe sending out emails that are no longer viewable when items go on sale. Then blaming the customer for not reading the information that was available but not at the time of purchase)

Creating different descriptions of effects for the exact same ability. making sure to leave out negative side effects in purchasable locations

Now let’s do game issues specifically and why a hypothetical company(not Kabam) could possibly thoroughly enjoy them
    If you have a bug that’s by design or ignored by design
    If you have an issue with a parry function with varying success. A player is more likely to revive if they get knocked out by this effect.
    If a player just stands there not charging a heavy after a successful parry and gets punished they may revive or heal
    A player might decide they don’t want to walk into the opponent for no reason and the game has other ideas.
    These things could be on purpose, but EVEN IF THEY WEREN’T. That company would make money off these issues and any similar issue. If you spend to revive they make that money. They pressure to spend is increased AS IS THE PRICE in any team based game mode when the rewards are not. People who don’t spend won’t spend, but people who do will always spend to their particular threshold.
    If it’s on purpose
    If it’s ignored
    Or if these things are even actively trying to be fixed. A company (not Kabam) would continue to profit as long as the customer base is willing to tolerate them. It could absolutely be used as a financial farming system

The life of the average players time playing the game is not for the entire life of the game.
    People who spend have a financial investment that causes a psychological investment that creates an attachment which lengthens this time because you feel the need to protect that investment which can be exploited.
    This is why a player might put up with such issues.