**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

With the new scoring in battle grounds they need to add a win match bonus so people don't just pause

Pause tactic will be more effective with this change

Comments

• Options
    FurrymoosenFurrymoosen Posts: 2,225 ★★★★★
    edited June 2023
    The value of pausing will not change. It’s still 15k points for your champs health. Especially in the upcoming meta, if you can’t break at least 15k by playing then you kinda deserve to lose. The only way pausing ends is if you only gets points for your remaining health if you KO the opponent.
  • Options
    XFREEDOMXXFREEDOMX Posts: 510 ★★★
    Pausing doesn't work anymore I believe.
  • Options
    Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,922 ★★★★★
    True. The 5k they took from time should have been added as a kill bonus for defeating your opponent.
  • Options
    CdjcdkjCdjcdkj Posts: 67
    So if you both have full health yes you win but if you know your opponent can't ko your defender and you can't do as much damage and pause is more effective with this change because even if they do ko they will almost be dead
  • Options

How? You now have less points if you just pause.

Yes and no depending on how you use it it can effective especially against fights you know you can't win since time is 5k less points health and damage done is more valuable so pause is more usable in specific situations
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    Cdjcdkj said:

So if you both have full health yes you win but if you know your opponent can't ko your defender and you can't do as much damage and pause is more effective with this change because even if they do ko they will almost be dead

A KO is worth 30k points. A full health bar is worth 15k. Dealing 50.1% or higher of your opponents health beats the pause regardless of anything else.
  • Options
    True but with

Cdjcdkj said:

A KO is worth 30k points. A full health bar is worth 15k. Dealing 50.1% or higher of your opponents health beats the pause.
    True but nick fury for example pause right before second life at full health your only miss out on time and a few points for ko meaning if the opponent lost 20% of health you win
  • Options
    There alot of ways this can be abused especially in lower tiers
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    Cdjcdkj said:

True but with

Cdjcdkj said:

A KO is worth 30k points. A full health bar is worth 15k. Dealing 50.1% or higher of your opponents health beats the pause.
    True but nick fury for example pause right before second life at full health your only miss out on time and a few points for ko meaning if the opponent lost 20% of health you win
    And again, the point value of time doesn’t change the value of pausing and pausing still risks putting you at a disadvantage because playing the fight through has the opportunity to award more points. If the opponent lost 20% health then they can still beat you by finishing the fight in 80 seconds. The change in point value for time isn’t going to change the rate of frequency or success in players whimping out and pausing their way through a game that is meant to be played.
  • Options
    MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 4,490 ★★★★★

Still 15k. Pausing gained 0 points from time before this change and 0 points from time after this change.
  • Options
    BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,640 ★★★★★
    I’m concerned about the impact but I wanna see it play out first. This was probably the simplest solution to deal with talentless pausers, so I’m all for trying something
  • Options

Still 15k. Pausing gained 0 points from time before this change and 0 points from time after this change.
    10k with the new change
  • Options
    BigBlueOx said:

I’m concerned about the impact but I wanna see it play out first. This was probably the simplest solution to deal with talentless pausers, so I’m all for trying something

It's to change the way battle are done more about the best condition winning vs time it is not a solution for pause problem
  • Options
    Cdjcdkj said:

10k with the new change
    15k for pausing from your own health. If you pause you get zero points from time, regardless if the max is 10k or 15k given there.
  • Options
    XFREEDOMX said:

Pausing doesn't work anymore I believe.

Pausing still works. Force closing doesn’t - it gives you zero points and no longer restarts the fight.
  • Options
    Cdjcdkj said:

BigBlueOx said:

It's to change the way battle are done more about the best condition winning vs time it is not a solution for pause problem
    Less points for time will impact the pause as well, but I agree with the concern you express here. Speed matters a lot right now, to see it devalued will really hurt defenders like Sassy, Fury, Rintrah, and Thing who are meant to eat time as a primary defense function
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 7,006 Guardian
    This was added in because 1. Nuke metas suck, and 2. People at the top of GC would have automatic wins by placing champions with a ton of health and fighting poorly. The time change is there to emphasize the importance of fighting the opponent well over fighting them fast.
  • Options
    Pikolu said:

This was added in because 1. Nuke metas suck, and 2. People at the top of GC would have automatic wins by placing champions with a ton of health and fighting poorly. The time change is there to emphasize the importance of fighting the opponent well over fighting them fast.

Second point is well taken, first point seems easier to address by just not making pointless Nuke metas and testing node combinations to prevent them
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 7,006 Guardian
    BigBlueOx said:

Pikolu said:

Second point is well taken, first point seems easier to address by just not making pointless Nuke metas and testing node combinations to prevent them
    While I do agree, it is tough to have metas where AA just doesn't work without detrimenting other champions. This could be those that bleed, poison, or do funky things with AAR.

Honestly, I'd love to see the crit meta of GC back again, that one was a lot of fun.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,375 ★★★★★
    Unfortunately, it's not an easy thing to resolve. Not in any way that seems simple and without further problems. I agree that it's not a fair tactic. People are winning based on not playing at all. However, I just focus on making Points to combat it. If I score less than 15k, that's on my performance.
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

Ok how do I disagree with my own post
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

The value of pausing will not change. It’s still 15k points for your champs health. Especially in the upcoming meta, if you can’t break at least 15k by playing then you kinda deserve to lose. The only way pausing ends is if you only gets points for your remaining health if you KO the opponent.

If the only way you can get 15k points is by not playing, then YOU deserve to lose.

Very stupid logic to say that the one who didn't play the game deserves to win
  • Options
    WolvieLoganWolvieLogan Posts: 31
    The sheen of this post has been taken off by adding the context of pausing during fights.

It would be good if the scoring system can add a small bonus if the opponent is knocked out. This wouldn't change things drastically, but can certainly make a difference.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ★★★★

If the only way you can get 15k points is by not playing, then YOU deserve to lose.

Very stupid logic to say that the one who didn't play the game deserves to win
    Exactly. 15k points for just not playing the game is much less earned than 11k points for slipping up in a difficult matchup.
  • Options
    ege999menege999men Posts: 291 ★★
    I'm personally not in a spot where pausing will work but I can see the potential issue with lower level account matchups
  • Options
    Pikolu said:

BigBlueOx said:

Pikolu said:

While I do agree, it is tough to have metas where AA just doesn't work without detrimenting other champions. This could be those that bleed, poison, or do funky things with AAR.

Honestly, I'd love to see the crit meta of GC back again, that one was a lot of fun.
    Best meta yet, I don’t think anybody would complain if it got a rerun. Same with Armor Burn