Options

Next r4?

Next r4? 53 votes

Abs man
56%
MagicBentonLewisTheLlamaManup456phillgreenklobberintymeIamnikeFloorKillerSCP1504AMS94IamFlashJLReignkingTWRenaxqqMoha84Ioniqus_797TRDSJBHJ12345___ThePredator1001Wasy1UltragamerChris_SummersSwamp_Dragon 30 votes
Juggz
7%
bhuv9191RaganatorJustcause102[Deleted User] 4 votes
Spot
24%
Leediman39CsuttonOpandemonioOmedennPraneeth_SP616TheExit27Caleb1705willrun4adonutAxewSuelGamesA_FungiSlurpZeDerpAntares95 13 votes
Zemo
11%
Josh51700Luke9523Mr.0-8-4YcatsNikunj_95TuDDdy 6 votes

Comments

• Options
    PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,837 ★★★★★
    I’m curious, why absorbing man over spot?
  • Options
    Windows10Windows10 Posts: 30
    Polygon said:

I’m curious, why absorbing man over spot?

I think it depends on how well you can use abs man.
  • Options
    XreissXreiss Posts: 58
    Zemo, spot and Abs man are all great choice. I’d chose any of those three. Which ever is your favorite of those three is what you should chose
  • Options
    CsuttonCsutton Posts: 177 ★★
    Spot
    I just can’t get on the zemo train. He was the #1 I wanted but once I got him and took him to r3, I fail to see why he’s so special. He’s cool and has his uses, but I decided to take Kate up over him for right now.
    Spot and Abs both depend on how comfortable you are with their play styles.
  • Options
    TheWatcher_TheWatcher_ Posts: 153
    Abs man
    Abs man is the right choice. Zemo is just to over hyped juggs is and spot is also great but Abs man just seems like the better option
  • Options
    ThePredator1001ThePredator1001 Posts: 660 ★★★
    Abs man
    All of them are great choices but R4 Abs man is one of my most used champs and will probably be my first R5 mystic. He’s just so versatile and fun to use
  • Options

All of them are great choices but R4 Abs man is one of my most used champs and will probably be my first R5 mystic. He’s just so versatile and fun to use

What are some highlight uses? Having to light intercept to pause his form without an effect like infuriate is a real turn off since the AI likes to dex back and turtle up 80% of the time i do a ML dash back light
  • Options
    Abs man
    Polygon said:

What are some highlight uses? Having to light intercept to pause his form without an effect like infuriate is a real turn off since the AI likes to dex back and turtle up 80% of the time i do a ML dash back light
    If you’re not comfortable with the light intercept you can hold clock to bait out their heavy and use light attacks to punish which will also pause the timer.

The timer is also paused anytime a buff expires from the opponent so he’s good in buff heavy matches.

Any nodes that trigger unblockable, unstoppable, indestructible and immortal buffs expire almost immediately (90% faster) so it not only counters those node but gives you a free pause.

Insane physical or energy Resistance depending on what you need. With a Very strong regen at high sig.

Can be immune to bleed, shock, incinerate, cold snap, frostbite and poison (with synergy) these also pause the timer so he’s amazing in matches that apply these debuffs.

When in refined form he can steal ability power by holding block

And any match up that applies armor break super charges him into one of the fastest nukes.

He’s got so much utility, and even in matches where he doesn’t benefit from abilities, then morph forms along with the regen makes him so tanky that I’ll just bring him for nodes that are tricky and even after eating multiple combos he’s still will finish the fight. He’s probably my most used champ. Requires some skill but so good in almost any fight.
  • Options

Polygon said:

If you’re not comfortable with the light intercept you can hold clock to bait out their heavy and use light attacks to punish which will also pause the timer.

The timer is also paused anytime a buff expires from the opponent so he’s good in buff heavy matches.

Any nodes that trigger unblockable, unstoppable, indestructible and immortal buffs expire almost immediately (90% faster) so it not only counters those node but gives you a free pause.

Insane physical or energy Resistance depending on what you need. With a Very strong regen at high sig.

Can be immune to bleed, shock, incinerate, cold snap, frostbite and poison (with synergy) these also pause the timer so he’s amazing in matches that apply these debuffs.

And any match up that applies armor break super charges him into one of the fastest nukes.

He’s got so much utility, and even in matches where he doesn’t benefit from abilities, then morph forms along with the regen makes him so tanky that I’ll just bring him for nodes that are tricky and even after eating multiple combos he’s still will finish the fight. He’s probably my most used champ. Requires some skill but so good in almost any fight.
    @ThePredator1001 Thanks for the detailed write up.

Yeah I do the double light as well following the heavies, though sometimes its finicky depending on the defenders AI animation (for e.g icemans too fast, green goblin pushing himself too far back).

How often do you hold block in BG’s to bait the heavy for doing this light interruption tactic? Cause if they dont want to throw it as fast, you can take a lot of block damage.i imagine if the immunities arent at play, you can take advantage of this by picking physical or energy resis depending on the type the defender attacks with? Or do you mainly just stick with magma form if you dont need an immunity from the black uru form.

And im aware the buffs pause his form, but theyre only for 3 seconds as opposed to 6 from the light interruptions. But against buff heavy matchups in BG’s you don’t really light interrupt as much and just rely on the buffs to pause the forms while MD helping to refresh?

All in all , I don’t mind the pausing forms as much, what kind of irritates me in being able to use him in his best capacity is getting the precision bonus from heavying into specials while the enemy isnt stunned. Some specials are easy to heavy counter , but for some , i have to rely on holding block to heavy counter a heavy. For this, do you typically dash back right when they heavy then release your heavy? Or depending on the defenders heavy you’ll wait /charge the heavy until they get close/throw a light etc?
  • Options
    Abs man
    Polygon said:

Polygon said:

@ThePredator1001 Thanks for the detailed write up.

Yeah I do the double light as well following the heavies, though sometimes its finicky depending on the defenders AI animation (for e.g icemans too fast, green goblin pushing himself too far back).

How often do you hold block in BG’s to bait the heavy for doing this light interruption tactic? Cause if they dont want to throw it as fast, you can take a lot of block damage.i imagine if the immunities arent at play, you can take advantage of this by picking physical or energy resis depending on the type the defender attacks with? Or do you mainly just stick with magma form if you dont need an immunity from the black uru form.

And im aware the buffs pause his form, but theyre only for 3 seconds as opposed to 6 from the light interruptions. But against buff heavy matchups in BG’s you don’t really light interrupt as much and just rely on the buffs to pause the forms while MD helping to refresh?

All in all , I don’t mind the pausing forms as much, what kind of irritates me in being able to use him in his best capacity is getting the precision bonus from heavying into specials while the enemy isnt stunned. Some specials are easy to heavy counter , but for some , i have to rely on holding block to heavy counter a heavy. For this, do you typically dash back right when they heavy then release your heavy? Or depending on the defenders heavy you’ll wait /charge the heavy until they get close/throw a light etc?
    Since health remaining is important for BG I usually stick to the form that matches their damage type. So usually black Uru since most champs have physical damage. This allows me to take very little chip damage when blocking and a safety net when I mess up a light intercept. (Also easier to keep up) Unless it’s a cosmic that has armor breaks or lots of buffs, then with all that power gain from MD I’ll run magma form for the damage.

For punishing with heavies I’ll usually hold
    Block to bait out their heavy, dash back, and throw my heavy. The timing depends on the defenders animation. If the defender is troublesome to heavy punish, I find it’s better to just parry heavy for the lesser crit rate bonus compared to waste time trying to get the perfect setup.

He definitely has a high skill ceiling but I find even if I don’t play him optimally, he still finishes fights quickly and with alot of Hp left. But if you want to keep using him in battlegrounds depending on your roster you might be better off leaving him at R3. My R4 is my top champ and he is banned 95% of the time. He’s going to be great for the next meta since the defender will get that unstoppable buff which will be a free pause.