**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Modders Are such a nuisance and kabam has yet to perm ban

Why has kabam not handed out a full permanent ban on modders?

Comments

• Options
    RobobotRobobot Posts: 7
    a bigger issue are indeed alts and ban evading which being honest is really common. I get that it is hard to code an anti cheat system and try to cop out modded versions of mcoc but it's also the fact that there is no information on an anti cheat system being made and or no sign of attempt of one being made.
  • Options
    MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    edited June 2023
    As Pikolu has said, Kabam have been actively perm-banning accounts all season in bgs. A lot of them were big accounts from fairly prominent alliances too.
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,675 Guardian

So I checked my rank just a minute before BG expired. The rank rewards mail came with the exact same rank I ended with.

The thing I want to know is..
    How does my rank did not increase by 1.
    I was in lower M2, So kabam is telling us that there we 0 modders in top 500.
    Couldn't digest this, Im now constipated.

I'm damn sure they banned many accounts as there are plenty last hour pushing modders. Some of them get caught. Some dont. But they have never, not one single time, have adjusted ranks after BG season is concluded.

It wouldn't change my tier placement and doesn't help me any way. But this does affect many players at rank 1-10 in all tiers.

Kabam do adjust war ranks when allinces get docked. But the adjustment are not yet done in BG season ranking, which is kinda sad.

Something I've been wondering about (because we know the #1 guy got banned because he made a public statement about it) is if the people banned from the leaderboard are either not cleared from the leaderboard even though rewards are taken (if not permabanned) or if the leaderboard just isn't updated while rewards given are still updated.

So in scenario 1, these people who were still on the leaderboard when the season ends still take up space preventing others from getting better rewards.

In scenario 2, the leaderboard is updated, but not visually so it still shows the original placement you had, while still giving out the correct rewards if you moved up.
  • Options
    Standardman1989Standardman1989 Posts: 536 ★★★
    For a cable 6 I missed for 7 😂 41,7m

• Options
    Don’t bite hands that feed you.
  • Options
    klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,429 ★★★★

So I checked my rank just a minute before BG expired. The rank rewards mail came with the exact same rank I ended with.

I'm damn sure they banned many accounts as there are plenty last hour pushing modders. Some of them get caught. Some dont. But they have never, not one single time, have adjusted ranks after BG season is concluded.

It wouldn't change my tier placement and doesn't help me any way. But this does affect many players at rank 1-10 in all tiers.

Kabam do adjust war ranks when allinces get docked. But the adjustment are not yet done in BG season ranking, which is kinda sad.

Fun fact: there's not 1 magic employee who looks for modders, bans them, adjusts rankings, sends out adjusted rewards, answers questions on the boards, and responds to game mishaps/investigates latency issues.

Pretend there's a team for every single one of the aforementioned tasks (except the boards, it's just miijax). Pretend some of the teams never talk to each other directly and most can't start their tasks till the other jerk wad teams take their sweet time doing their tasks. Also pretend they're like the rest of us and are It's the weekend, this $%!+ can wait till Monday.

Unless they've pulled more employees to work on the new game coming up. It's always going to be something.
  • Options
    DUHveedDUHveed Posts: 343 ★★★
    The problem with modders is it’s a giant game of whack-a-mole. Modders find an exploit, Kabam tweaks and/or bans, they find a workaround, and the cycle continues.
  • Options
    MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian

Fun fact: there's not 1 magic employee who looks for modders, bans them, adjusts rankings, sends out adjusted rewards, answers questions on the boards, and responds to game mishaps/investigates latency issues.

Pretend there's a team for every single one of the aforementioned tasks (except the boards, it's just miijax). Pretend some of the teams never talk to each other directly and most can't start their tasks till the other jerk wad teams take their sweet time doing their tasks. Also pretend they're like the rest of us and are It's the weekend, this $%!+ can wait till Monday.

Unless they've pulled more employees to work on the new game coming up. It's always going to be something.
    They have been banning players over the weekends too, in fairness to Kabam on the Bg front they’ve put in a hell of a lot of effort in banning accounts, especially at the higher tiers where reward brackets are a bit finer.
  • Options
    HungaryHippoHungaryHippo Posts: 773 ★★★★

because most of top player cheat and they also spender. so no. they would never permanban those spender.

And it's totally understandable. But when you suggest that people support the game they have enjoyed for years to loosen the grip of the whales/cheaters, they balk...
  • Options
    VaniteliaVanitelia Posts: 310 ★★★
    In a game where the revenue generated in the millions, someone spending $20-50k a year in the game is drop in the bucket compared to the overall player-base who spends. I always see posts by people saying Kabam wouldn't ban high spending accounts because it would impact their revenue too much, but they're not thinking big enough.

It takes 500 people spending $100 bucks to make up for the $50k that a whale spends. That's easily doable through the smaller purchases those summoners make throughout the year (the monthly Sigil alone would get those summoners above $100 for the year).

On the flip side, if the game's integrity is compromised by not perma-banning an account that is modding at the higher tiers, then that drives the lower spending accounts away (not to mention other high-spending accounts that are playing the right way). The loss of revenue would easily surpass that of the high spending accounts that are cheating.

Kabam has already stated that they have been removing people from the higher tiers on the leaderboard, but the leaderboard itself doesn't update. Check your rewards and compare it to the bracket you're supposed to be in. If it looks fishy, then submit a ticket about it. It's really the only course of action you have, Same goes for arena. The summoner that placed 407 may have a pretty good argument, or maybe they got the rewards for placing 407 after the bans had been accounted for. We'll never know for sure.