**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Anyone Else Bored With Mcoc

2»

Comments

• Options
    CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    Meh great timing to start getting bored a bit to be honest...
    In my personal opinion... If I start getting bored of playing golf.. chances are i won't upgrade my clubs... So easy to pass on 4th of July deals
  • Options
    RenaxqqRenaxqq Posts: 1,599 ★★★★
    It just doesn't give me the same excitement as it did.
  • Options
    BeastDadBeastDad Posts: 1,420 ★★★★★

BeastDad said:

Can't say I agree. I've had periods where I took it easy, but I'm motivated at the moment.

Can't say that I am surprised.
    I don't think that's a fair assessment. In 7 and a half years, I've had periods of being more motivated than others. I think it's normal for that amount of time. I even semi-retired for a number of months a few years back. It happens to the best of us.
    It was an extremely fair assessment. Should I have been surprised?
  • Options
    DerpyEagleDerpyEagle Posts: 455 ★★★
    edited June 2023
    So I’m not the only one then that’s good to know. What should we all do tho fr? It’s the only game on my device :/
  • Options
    Shake_a_QuakeShake_a_Quake Posts: 462 ★★★
    I'm just bored af. I used to love story content, arenas and would desperately wait for new story quests. Somehow, after hitting cav, nothing feels exciting or enticing anymore. The last truly interesting event was banquet (my alliance was extraordinarily fun during that time), and that locker event quest. Other than that, all the quests have been so mid.

I really do love this game, and i don't mind the addiction. Infact, this is the only game that lasted more than 2 months on my phone. And, i definitely don't wanna lose that too ://
  • Options
    Doctorwho13Doctorwho13 Posts: 594 ★★★
    Rap said:

There are too many currencies, for too many stores, for too many items, scattered in too many pieces, across too many modes, that are neccessary to rank too many champs, in too many tiers.

Between the work it takes to obtain items and the endless video "master classes" it requires to figure out new champs, new nodes, new modes? It is a chore. They seem to want It to be a life pursuit instead of a game.

Imo I agree. Yeah. It’s not entirely objective but every time I saw some addition or change it seemed to require more time. And I couldn’t help but think ‘more time?’ I understand how from some software development and even business principles this looks good on spread sheet because it looks like more ‘engagement’. But the end user has to agree that spending more time is worth it. Right now this does not appear to be the case for some players.
  • Options
    doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,726 ★★★

I'm here till they add these 2 characters:

Other than that i play for fun and that hasn't changed. The discourse on the boards is usually more entertaining though.

Who r they?
  • Options
    ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,537 ★★★★★
    Brand new bugs today! What's not to love?
  • Options
    doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,726 ★★★

Other than that i play for fun and that hasn't changed. The discourse on the boards is usually more entertaining though.

Who r they?
  • Options
    Ares2239Ares2239 Posts: 52
    Yeah the game isn’t in a good state currently. The most interesting things have been story content. They need to release abyss 2.0 or EoP again.

Another month of just BGs seems like it will suck, sure offers this weekend will be fun but that enjoyment will be gone in no time.

Sad
  • Options
    MidnightfoxMidnightfox Posts: 1,094 ★★★
    Yeah pretty much find myself spending less and less time on the game and thankfully less money. Pulling the same champs numerous times just gets old.
  • Options
    UsagicassidyUsagicassidy Posts: 1,052 ★★★★
    doctorb said:

Who r they?
    Strong Guy and Lila Cheney. X-Men characters. Now why klobberintyme states he'll be here UNTIL the characters get added - that I dont know. There's lots of characters I don't like or care about that are in the game, but they haven't forced me to walk away lol.
  • Options
    ShiroiharaShiroihara Posts: 1,092 ★★★★

Recently finished exploring 8.2. It was not a great time overall because of how unpredictable the AI and inputs are.
    Today I decided to do a path in act 6 out of boredom. The Mordo boss threw a special in my face during my heavy attack, while power gain was on, and I thought "hells no".

I'll see what the deals are because I have units to burn, but I think I'm done hurting myself for a while.

I did the exact same thing. Ran 6.1.1 and realized what a money grab No Retreat was. Plus so many energize nodes that I just don't want to do, ever.
    I don't have an issue with the nodes. I explored 6.1.1 a long while back in its original state. It was tough but very doable.
    Stuff you can plan for, react to and counter is fair in my book. When inputs don't work or the AI pulls ultra-instinct level *poop* out of a bag, that's abuse.
  • Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,796 ★★★★★

doctorb said:

Who r they?
    Lila Cheney.
    Why not Dazzler? ;)

• Options
    Saru2244Saru2244 Posts: 181
    I don't want to say that the game has generally become boring. But the current side event is a bit slow and boring this month. It was way better last month. There was more content to play with, the rewards issue was handled better, and somehow the current quest layout is very monotonous now. So I'm already looking forward to next month and hope it gets better.

• Options
    ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,760 ★★★★★
    edited June 2023
    I'm not really bored with the game as such, but I am in a place where I don't think the July 4th sales will appeal to me too much. I already have most 6* champions that I want so Nexus crystals aren't that important to me any longer. Not even Abyss Nexus crystals. The 7* pool is small enough that I don't really care about getting a bunch of 7* shards. It would be nice, sure, but I won't be paying $600 for them. Likewise, I'm in a weird place where I'm mostly hunting r4 resources, but don't really feel like paying a bunch of real-world money for them. It would also feel weird to buy r5/r2 resources now since that's not really where my account is at the moment.

The point is, I still enjoy playing the game but I'm just at a weird stage where I don't see what I want in terms of rewards. There aren't any champions that I'm actively hunting. It's just...weird. We'll see if Kabam can scramble together something fun to look forward to. I mean, it's not only a "big sale question". I'm not sure what kind of rewards I'd be excited about in content in general.
  • Options
    PantherAPPantherAP Posts: 57
    I’m just keeping up with my daily logins but that’s about it.

I haven’t played any of the EQ or spider side quest this month. I built my meme-tier BG roster but got bored of throwing the fights. I was able to get my 6 star OG Avengers team to R3 but I barely feel motivated to rank up my FF team.

None of the new content seems appealing to me because I don’t want to play at the endgame level of difficulty. I don’t care about Relics… or 7 stars when I only got a handful of 6 stars to R4. If I decide to play at lower difficulties with my favorite champs, the rewards are so nerfed that it’s too tedious for any decent progression.

The only things that would make the game playable for me is if there was more content that required using my 2 stars, 6 stars sig stones were easier to obtain, and 6 star Punisher was easier to pull.

The way I feel right now, I doubt I’ll be spending any money on 4th of July deals since I have lots of units saved up. Screw it, I think I’ll buy that overpriced 6 star Thanos instead.
  • Options
    MadEyeMoody_333MadEyeMoody_333 Posts: 192 ★★
    edited June 2023
    Here on the forum just randomly checking what's going on in MCOC and saw this post!

I stopped playing almost 4 months ago,
    it's not that i am trying to quit or anything, the lag issues and other stuffs made me bit disinterested... Have not deleted the app but have not logged in since 4 months now..
    Was playing this game since 2016-17