Options

What would Jesus do?

Would he make herc his first rank 5? Herc who goes everywhere he does, and is a true workhorse.

Or would he rank 2 his 7 star awakened venom? Venom who may not be the most practical choice for non-bleeders, but is so much damn fun to play.

Comments

• Options
    DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,875 ★★★★★
    I’m in exactly the same boat!

I can r5 my Kingpin, Fury or Hitmonkey (yeah he’s awesome)

Or take 7* Elsa to rank 2

Still debating lol
  • Options
    Upanddown_69Upanddown_69 Posts: 248
    edited June 2023
    It’s tough man- herc is so much better, I realize that. I get stuck when I think whether he really NEEDS to be R5. He’s so good already.

As for your problem- which one puts a smile on your face the most when you play them?

Luckily I’m not asking myself the same question.

Then again, if I can get a bunch of t3 alphas and t6 basics, and Kabam is generous and gives class selectors, and it all doesn’t cost $1000, both could be the answer!
  • Options
    GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★
    @Upanddown_69
    Do Hercules as you will anyway r5 him at some point, since we most likely won’t see him as 7* anytime soon, if we ever 😂
    6*s are cheaper to upgrade and anyway you will get r2 mats for Venom sooner or later, especially with the upcoming 4th July sales 😉
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,186 ★★★★★
    I'd say Herc.
  • Options
    BeastDadBeastDad Posts: 1,435 ★★★★★
    I'm sitting on the materials with this exact situation.

Depends on what happens after 4th of july.

Herc is great and obviously a top tier, but he has no defensive value and absolutely kills at r4 as it is.

I've got Venom and Gorr at 7*, and if I dupe one I am taking them up to R2 instead.
  • Options
    BeastDad said:

I'm sitting on the materials with this exact situation.

Depends on what happens after 4th of july.

Herc is great and obviously a top tier, but he has no defensive value and absolutely kills at r4 as it is.

I've got Venom and Gorr at 7*, and if I dupe one I am taking them up to R2 instead.

Yeah, the rumors make it sound like they’ll be throwing resources at us tmrw- I’m skeptical.

I feel like venom is the one you hook up with, but maybe herc is the one you marry? Hard to decide…
  • Options
    ThePharcideThePharcide Posts: 212 ★★★
    Herc is Jesus’s twin brother. He would chose his brother over some demonic looking creature from hell.
  • Options
    Drago_von_DragoDrago_von_Drago Posts: 772 ★★★★
    R5 herc might save you a few revives if you use him to brute force the next EOP/Gauntlet type content, assuming they don’t put nodes in there to impede him.

I don’t know what R2 for venom does besides make fights with him a little shorter or give a little more cushion if you slip up. I don’t think there’s anything in game yet that he can do at R2 that he can’t do at R1 as a 7*.

I usually say go with who you like to play but in this case there might be a real(although small) benefit to go for Hercules now and Venom later.
  • Options
    You guys speak truth- maybe herc is the way to go! I love the community here, thanks for the advice!
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,699 Guardian
    I say r2 that venom and wait for kabam to hand out more r5 gems.
  • Options
    BeastDadBeastDad Posts: 1,435 ★★★★★

Herc is Jesus’s twin brother. He would chose his brother over some demonic looking creature from hell.

We are not from hell…
  • Options
    JK_47JK_47 Posts: 221 ★★
    edited June 2023
    Jesus would R5 herc and wait for ascension...

Ascension will give 6-Star Champions enough of a power boost that their strength will be comparable to 7-Stars and gives Jesus plenty of time to build his 7-Star Rosters before making the move to using them more extensively.

At the risk of editorializing, this is by far the most important part of takeaway herc is doing god's work. If there is anything you take away from this post, it’s purely humour intended ..extending the longevity of your time in game, diverting questions and empowering you to continue playing despite addressing current state of the game.

The tuning and details on Ascension are still being worked on, but stay tuned! We’ll share more information with you as soon as we’re ready.
  • Options
    ChiefGoatChiefGoat Posts: 110
    He’s make believe so he would do whatever you think he would do
  • Options
    JK_47 said:

Jesus would R5 herc and wait for ascension...

Ascension will give 6-Star Champions enough of a power boost that their strength will be comparable to 7-Stars and gives Jesus plenty of time to build his 7-Star Rosters before making the move to using them more extensively.

At the risk of editorializing, this is by far the most important part of takeaway herc is doing god's work. If there is anything you take away from this post, it’s purely humour intended ..extending the longevity of your time in game, diverting questions and empowering you to continue playing despite addressing current state of the game.

The tuning and details on Ascension are still being worked on, but stay tuned! We’ll share more information with you as soon as we’re ready.

I like where your heads at!

Who knows - if they give a 4-5 gem for a sane price, maybe I could be saint and sinner all at the same time! 😊
  • Options
    DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,875 ★★★★★

Would he make herc his first rank 5? Herc who goes everywhere he does, and is a true workhorse.

Or would he rank 2 his 7 star awakened venom? Venom who may not be the most practical choice for non-bleeders, but is so much damn fun to play.

Herc will never make the 7* pool and will some degree always be relevant and a top tier champion, it’s got to be him.
  • Options
    FigueFigue Posts: 83
    rank 5 hercules is way better than the entire 7 star pool in rank 2 x200
  • Options
    Figue said:

rank 5 hercules is way better than the entire 7 star pool in rank 2 x200

Damn, when you say it like that! 😊
  • Options
    ThePredator1001ThePredator1001 Posts: 666 ★★★

I’m in exactly the same boat!

I can r5 my Kingpin, Fury or Hitmonkey (yeah he’s awesome)

Or take 7* Elsa to rank 2

Still debating lol

Be different, take that Hitmonkey to R5!

Same to you OP. Everyone is taking herc to R5, sure he’s the best champ but that’s boring. Rank up that Venom and have some fun, you’ll be able to take herc to R5 soon and he does just fine at R4 anyways
  • Options
    Ayden_noah1Ayden_noah1 Posts: 1,198 ★★★★
    Lets be honest here, Jesus don't have time for trivia like this. Since Jesus himself is not of greek mythology, he won't care about Herc one bit. We all know that Jesus would want you to be happy in life so choose Venom since you like using him.
  • Options
    That was an interesting title, to say the least.
  • Options
    Drake2078Drake2078 Posts: 901 ★★★
    Jesus would turn T1 Alpha and T1 basics into T3 alpha T6 basics so he could rank up Herc and Venom
  • Options
    Drake2078 said:

Jesus would turn T1 Alpha and T1 basics into T3 alpha T6 basics so he could rank up Herc and Venom

Lol, you speak the truth. I should be all set then- I have 20 of them in overflow! 😊