Goodbye Marvel contest of champions

LemonloafLemonloaf Member Posts: 117
Over the last year I have played mcoc obsessively, and I have advanced pretty far, reaching thronebreaker. However I have realized that this love has turned into an addiction and nearly took number one priority in my life. If I am to be the man I want to be I must break free of this addiction, because at the end of the day its just a game and has no significance in real life. If any of you are similarly entrapped I hope this helps set you free.

P.S. this is an amazing game, no hate on it or the youtubers and whales that are on it.

Comments

• LemonloafLemonloaf Member Posts: 117
    Chobbly said:

Sorry that you are in that position OP but you must do what you feel is right for you.

There's an occasional gambling advert running in the UK at the moment which says "When the fun stops, stop." Hopefully you can return to the Contest at a future time when you are able to prioritise it differently compared to the other things in your life.

That is my plan cause the game is fun and I enjoy playing it but I can't let it be my number 1 priority.
  • Marvelfan30Marvelfan30 Member Posts: 1,173 ★★★★
    Idk who you are but

• Tonyman_24Tonyman_24 Member Posts: 15
    Lemonloaf said:

Over the last year I have played mcoc obsessively, and I have advanced pretty far, reaching thronebreaker. However I have realized that this love has turned into an addiction and nearly took number one priority in my life. If I am to be the man I want to be I must break free of this addiction, because at the end of the day its just a game and has no significance in real life. If any of you are similarly entrapped I hope this helps set you free.

P.S. this is an amazing game, no hate on it or the youtubers and whales that are on it.

Here same Lemonloaf I was addicted to Mcoc and then realized it. Even I became Tb recently and I decided to quit Mcoc. But hopefully there will be a day where I come back to this amazing community
  • DeaconDeacon Member Posts: 4,234 ★★★★★
    edited July 2023
    i can't for the life of me figure out how this game gets in the way of anyone's life ... anyone's "adult" life. i play when i'm on the toilet .. after work with a client if i can spare it ... when i'm on the train ... but I don't think twice about not playing when i'm doing a "life" thing.

i seriously only play when i have a few moments to spare. there's no benefit at all in playing this game when it interrupts family time, work time etc. it's like Xbox or PlayStation .. sure it's more accessible but still .. no way any game should interfere UNLESS it's a job and bringing in some $$.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,488 ★★★★★
    Deacon said:

i can't for the life of me figure out how this game gets in the way of anyone's life ... anyone's "adult" life. i play when i'm on the toilet .. after work with a client if i can spare it ... when i'm on the train ... but I don't think twice about not playing when i'm doing a "life" thing.

i seriously only play when i have a few moments to spare. there's no benefit at all in playing this game when it interrupts family time, work time etc. it's like Xbox or PlayStation .. sure it's more accessible but still .. no way any game should interfere UNLESS it's a job and bringing in some $$.

Some people have the ability to have self-control. That's actually the earmark of an Addict. They can't control. I have to limit myself from time to time. BGs is an example. I can spend a great deal of time trying to get ahead. Mind you, I'm not living in total abandon, but it takes effort to put it down at times.
  • SHIELD4AGENTSHIELD4AGENT Member Posts: 915 ★★★★
    he's probably having a lot of bad pulls from crystals, and also some skill issue.
  • Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Member Posts: 3,185 ★★★★★
    I really need to get a bye Felicia gif to use...
  • FuriousfireFuriousfire Member Posts: 10
    Bye Buddy. wishing you luck
    I am also thinking of deleting the game I also play this game aggressively ( one R4 away from paragon) but lately I find myself don't having time to do important things in my real life. Can't really concentrate on career, family & friends
    Your post helped me do my decision. Thanks buddy!!
  • MattstafariMattstafari Member Posts: 691 ★★★
    I've had a couple of breaks from the game, stopped playing in an alliance and stopped eq.
    It's a lot easier to just play the side quest and Battlegrounds as that's not much time and it's still fun. I play in a casual alliance now but my point is that there are optiona to make the game less time consuming and still fun with rewards.
  • klobberintymeklobberintyme Member Posts: 1,533 ★★★★
    Lemonloaf said:

Deacon said:

Well I revisited this after three weeks and, unfortunately I am not an adult and I don't have much of a social life either. You said you play when you have moments to spare well for me that is 8hrs a day it doesn't get in the way of my family (cause I still live with them) but I have no friends for it too interrupt. So it started to be my life (at least a big part of it). I recently had an opportunity to escape this empty void I call my home and visited an old friend and while I was there I didn't think about the game at all. So yeah I agree with you, I don't see how anyone with a good social life could get addicted, but for those who don't I totally understand. The reason I got addicted was because I didn't have a life.
    Welp my 12 y.o. is currently building a game in Roblox Studio and I'm setting up a server for him apparently, and my 17 y.o. starts his summer internship at the Manhattan courts tomorrow, so I'd say this lack of life is on you.
    As for me, when you're busy 13 hrs a day with other stuff, this is what i call "procrastination" so one day you hopefully can look forward to that.
  • DeaconDeacon Member Posts: 4,234 ★★★★★
    Lemonloaf said:

Deacon said:

Well I revisited this after three weeks and, unfortunately I am not an adult and I don't have much of a social life either. You said you play when you have moments to spare well for me that is 8hrs a day it doesn't get in the way of my family (cause I still live with them) but I have no friends for it too interrupt. So it started to be my life (at least a big part of it). I recently had an opportunity to escape this empty void I call my home and visited an old friend and while I was there I didn't think about the game at all. So yeah I agree with you, I don't see how anyone with a good social life could get addicted, but for those who don't I totally understand. The reason I got addicted was because I didn't have a life.
    Ahhh well said mate and I understand completely ... apologies for not taking in every context when responding though. You're absolutely right now that I have more information. Good for you though that you visited some friends ... gotta swing away sometimes when it comes to a social life lol ... keep swinging until you get a good group of people to cancel some of the boredom or family etc.

Wouldn't hurt to flip the switch on what you think is a bad thing and find other friends who play the game .. and create like a game night or game gathering social event in town ... kind hard I know but worth a shot. I have some actual friends who I live close to that I found playing the game and so there's a common interest we get together and talk about the terrible controls etc LOL

Anyway .. I hope you keep on the grind to improve that social life ... boredom never helps .. being alone never helps so definitely keep at it mate!
  • ahmynutsahmynuts Member Posts: 7,219 ★★★★★
    See you next week