**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

So, why did the unit deals expire after 48 hours; and we didn’t get an email in game about this?

I only came to know about this after I had come to the forum to see the announcement. I think it was overall a pretty bad decision to not have that information e-mailed out.
I along with many many other players had to miss out on the best of the best deals, all because we had no idea about this decision until it was too late.
I respect the fact you have bills to pay and things like that, but this was just very very not player friendly in my eyes.
Along with all the other gameplay issues we currently have, I have no doubt this decision may have even pushed some players away from spending.
Just my honest thoughts here.

Comments

• Options
    Kd101Kd101 Posts: 122
    If someone from kabam is reading this, I will say I was going to purchase another Odin to get weapon x, however because these deals only lasted 48 hrs I am unfortunately unable to get weapon x now so I will not be spending anymore. Should have made it all week long. I know you are trying to prevent people from grinding arena to get units, but many more who would have spent will not now.
  • Options
    Spaghetti1297Spaghetti1297 Posts: 44
    To put pressure on the player. It worked as intended.
  • Options
    HungaryHippoHungaryHippo Posts: 773 ★★★★
    Seyuoh said:

Pikolu said:

There was mail sent out in game about it, you just didn't read it

You think people are really gonna read all the way down to a few final words in an e-mail in game like that? Lol.
    They knew exactly what they were doing by doing it this way, stop trying to support this.
    They might as well have not even sent an e-mail at all if the most important part of the message was at the very end, only half a line long, not italicized, bolded or even capitalized. I did read the e-mail by the way, try again.

So they decided to limit the time to keep money out of their own pockets eh? Yep that's totally logical.
  • Options
    klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,432 ★★★★
    Seyuoh said:

Pikolu said:

You think people are really gonna read all the way down to a few final words in an e-mail in game like that? Lol.
    They knew exactly what they were doing by doing it this way, stop trying to support this.
    They might as well have not even sent an e-mail at all if the most important part of the message was at the very end, only half a line long, not italicized, bolded or even capitalized. I did read the e-mail by the way, try again.

Fun fact: if you didn't buy the first unit package it'd still be available for you now.
    I don't defend things, i just make sure i fully understand what I'm getting into before i click anything.
    For those that don't, hopefully they'll do different next time.
  • Options
    Markjv81Markjv81 Posts: 1,003 ★★★★
    Why didn’t we get a mail in game about this?!!
    You did, was clearly written in the mail
    You really expect me to read mail!!!
    Classic.
  • Options
    Vance2_jrVance2_jr Posts: 704 ★★★
    edited July 2023
    Seyuoh said:

Pikolu said:

I did. And guess what? Im not the one complaining about something that was clearly and concisely communicated.

Seriously….if you can’t be bothered to read something that short then you get what you deserve. And if you did read it, you either ignored it or your reading comprehension is suspect.
  • Options
    RonSwansonRonSwanson Posts: 1,171 ★★★★

If only they doubled up and communicated that on the forums too. Surely an email and a message on the forums would make everyone aware.

Well, if they actually read the messages it would make them aware.
    Kabam is responsible for communicating information. You’re responsible for reading it.

He probably read that too, but it wasn't italicized, bolded or even capitalized as he put it earlier, so that doesn't count
  • Options
    TerminatrixTerminatrix Posts: 1,250 ★★★★
    edited July 2023

Seyuoh said:

Pikolu said:

Fun fact: if you didn't buy the first unit package it'd still be available for you now.
    I don't defend things, i just make sure i fully understand what I'm getting into before i click anything.
    From someone who read the message, but later bought the first deal because they forgot about the 48hr timer,..this is a beautiful and much appreciated response. Thanks! 🙂
  • Options
    coolspiderman17_coolspiderman17_ Posts: 322 ★★★
    We literally did get an email. You didn’t read it
  • Options
    DemonicStalkerDemonicStalker Posts: 303 ★★
    I got the email and I read it... what i cannot fathom is ...

1) Y limit the units deal to 48 hrs within purchase.. unit deals used to be longer than cash deals... y only 48 this time? We r only given 48 hrs to decide instead of a whole week?

2) after purchasing the tier4 bundle... y must we buy in stages again? What's wrong with buying T1 B or T2 A or T3 C deals repeatedly with the units we have... especially when comparing T2 A and T3 B.. for an extra 1500 units..i get the same 15k 7* but additional 4 t6b and t3a

3) the unit deals should have just be like bg or spiderverse store... jus put the items and let us choose what bundle we want to buy and set the limit on each bundle.. similar to cyber monday last year...

i really cannot understand the logic...i hope kabam open up units deal for players who still wanna buy those tier deals but cant anymore at least 24 hrs b4 the cash deal ends...

• Options
    Manup456Manup456 Posts: 887 ★★★★
    Grinding units and buying unit deals doesn’t make Kabam money that’s why they have a time limit but unit offers do make them money so they are up the entire time.
  • Options
    SeyuohSeyuoh Posts: 24

If only they doubled up and communicated that on the forums too. Surely an email and a message on the forums would make everyone aware.

Kabam is responsible for communicating information. You’re responsible for reading it.

He probably read that too, but it wasn't italicized, bolded or even capitalized as he put it earlier, so that doesn't count
    It’s truly wild how funny some of you kids think you are, and what kind of mouth you have on the Internet. Lmao
    I guess mistakes just aren’t allowed to be made, because adult children like yourself rip into anyone who hasn’t done their “research” and makes an (admittedly) ill advised post.
    Hilarity.
  • Options

Seyuoh said:

Pikolu said:

My main gripe was more so the fact they didn’t specify if the deals would come back each time or not.
    I’m not really a big fan of expiring deals, especially when they’re as crazy good as those were. To my knowledge it doesn’t say anywhere that they wouldn’t come back if you missed the timer, that was my main issue here.
  • Options

Seyuoh said:

Pikolu said:

Wow. Just moving the goalpost right along huh. First it's "they didn't tell us in game" now its "it's at the bottom of the in-game message I ignored". Classic community.
    Nah, I’m mature enough to admit when I’m wrong; but man oh man do people have the biggest guts over the cover of a screen. Lol
  • Options
    FurrymoosenFurrymoosen Posts: 2,225 ★★★★★
    Seyuoh said:

Seyuoh said:

Pikolu said:

Wow. Just moving the goalpost right along huh. First it's "they didn't tell us in game" now its "it's at the bottom of the in-game message I ignored". Classic community.
    Nah, I’m mature enough to admit when I’m wrong; but man oh man do people have the biggest guts over the cover of a screen. Lol
    Here’s the problem though…you weren’t being mature. Here you are 4 days after your last post on this topic admitting it was not the most wise thing to post. Glad to hear it. But your post started with complaining that they didn’t communicate, then when shown the communication your response was to say that you weren’t willing to read the entirety of their messages that would’ve made you aware of what was going on and may have prevented you from posting a complaint altogether. You made false accusations, doubled down as if you have no responsibility to absorb communicated information yourself, and ultimately made yourself look dumb.
  • Options
    RonSwansonRonSwanson Posts: 1,171 ★★★★
    Seyuoh said:

It’s truly wild how funny some of you kids think you are, and what kind of mouth you have on the Internet. Lmao
    I guess mistakes just aren’t allowed to be made, because adult children like yourself rip into anyone who hasn’t done their “research” and makes an (admittedly) ill advised post.
    Hilarity.
    😘
  • Options
    MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 3,979 ★★★★★
    Seyuoh said:

Seyuoh said:

Pikolu said:

My main gripe was more so the fact they didn’t specify if the deals would come back each time or not.
    I’m not really a big fan of expiring deals, especially when they’re as crazy good as those were. To my knowledge it doesn’t say anywhere that they wouldn’t come back if you missed the timer, that was my main issue here.
    Why would they come back? Might as well not have a timer at all then.