TOS

Comments

• GreekhitGreekhit Member Posts: 2,820 ★★★★★

Scottryan said:

Pikolu said:

Scottryan said:

Scottryan said:

7+ years ago. Let’s drag up your entire history and go through what you’ve done the last 7 years.

KT could start a new account and still pass you with one hand tied behind his hand.

What you don’t realize is that people who were asked to pilot and merc were exceptionally skilled at the game. Keep whining.

Not whining, just curious if they're going to do anything, and if they're not if its because its been 7 years OR if its because of the size of his platform
    Because it’s been 7 years. Maybe you should be talking about current TOS violations instead of talking about 7 year old issues?

But you clearly didn’t do this in good faith.
    How exactly is this not in good faith?
    I'm just curious if something is going to be done, and if not then why
    Nothing will be done because it was 7 years ago. He has proven that he is reformed and hasn't broken the ToS since then. Punishing him now, after 7 years, would be a punishment done in bad faith.
    Isn't he technically still breaking TOS by playing on an account that isn't his? I'm not sure how all that works but that was my understanding of it
    it was different then.

many current big accounts are second hand

5+ years ago it was customary to:

-buy energy refills and war potions from mercs
    - load the alliance treasury with loyalty, gold, and battlechips purchased from mercs (map 6 was so expensive even the "cleanest teams" with the best reps used to do this)
    - in 2017-2018 in was common for the average player to finish their friend's quest or move them in AQ

if kabam banned for past tos violations, they would nuke most of masters, most competitive aq teams, many players below that, and even members of their own CCP if you get my drift. it was different back then. old times had different standards that you can't compare to today.
    Old times had different standards?
    As far as I’m concerned TOS on piloting was the same back then.
    Nevertheless if Kabam goes the strict approach on cheating, they shouldn’t have double standards.
    If someone cheated by piloting in the past (and for most it was happening for a long time, not just once), they should receive the 7 day ban, just to signal the community that double standards don’t exist.
    Having passed 7 years isn’t an excuse.
    People got banned after 2 months, for getting carried for one hour in incursions.
    Yet some famous YTbers (we all know who they are), were mercing for months, if not for years, and they never got punished the slightest.
    Rules should apply to everyone, no exceptions.
    Or else Kabam should set and inform the community on the time line, a TOS violation is erased.
    Clear rules for all.

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,806 ★★★★★

Scottryan said:

Pikolu said:

Scottryan said:

Scottryan said:

7+ years ago. Let’s drag up your entire history and go through what you’ve done the last 7 years.

KT could start a new account and still pass you with one hand tied behind his hand.

What you don’t realize is that people who were asked to pilot and merc were exceptionally skilled at the game. Keep whining.

Not whining, just curious if they're going to do anything, and if they're not if its because its been 7 years OR if its because of the size of his platform
    Because it’s been 7 years. Maybe you should be talking about current TOS violations instead of talking about 7 year old issues?

Nothing will be done because it was 7 years ago. He has proven that he is reformed and hasn't broken the ToS since then. Punishing him now, after 7 years, would be a punishment done in bad faith.
    Isn't he technically still breaking TOS by playing on an account that isn't his? I'm not sure how all that works but that was my understanding of it
    it was different then.

- load the alliance treasury with loyalty, gold, and battlechips purchased from mercs (map 6 was so expensive even the "cleanest teams" with the best reps used to do this)
    - in 2017-2018 in was common for the average player to finish their friend's quest or move them in AQ

if kabam banned for past tos violations, they would nuke most of masters, most competitive aq teams, many players below that, and even members of their own CCP if you get my drift. it was different back then. old times had different standards that you can't compare to today.
    You should clarify that it was customary within the community, not with Kabam. They still banned people back then as well but back then, it was harder to catch them.

Kabam has NEVER approved of any of that behavior.
    But still allowed it to happen
    Silence is the sign of approval/agreement
    You know that for a fact? You have some internal emails saying they allowed it or is it possible he just didn't get detected?
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,806 ★★★★★
    BigBlueOx said:

The community has always been split on this. Everyone here treats emulator users, modders, hackers, botters and mercs like trash when they come and complain that their accounts were banned. We tell them that they got what they deserve and then if that person says they'll never do it again, we tell them too bad, so sad and to go away.

But KT1 gets a pass because not only is he a YouTuber, he par takes in the greatest bonding event there is, complaining about EVERYTHING, Kabam does. There isn't a single thing that will make most community members like someone better than bashing Kabam for every decision that was ever made, including bashing Miike and Jax about their shorts on a live stream.

It doesn't matter what KT1 did because he's a "champion for the people" even though he hasn't done a single thing for the game itself. But then there's someone like DNA3000 who actively helps the community but gets a fraction of the praise.

It's a weird dynamic.

Or because it happened 7 years ago and the rest of us have moved on. Merc’ing and inheriting an account that long ago is past the statute of limitations (IMO) if you’ve been clean since then.
    No. You don't like anyone who does it now, you shouldn't like it from back then either.
  • MDxMDx Member Posts: 96
    Greekhit said:

Scottryan said:

Pikolu said:

Scottryan said:

Scottryan said:

it was different then.

Nevertheless if Kabam goes the strict approach on cheating, they shouldn’t have double standards.
    If someone cheated by piloting in the past (and for most it was happening for a long time, not just once), they should receive the 7 day ban, just to signal the community that double standards don’t exist.
    People got banned after 2 months, for getting carried for one hour in incursions.
    Yet some famous YTbers (we all know who they are), were mercing for months, if not for years, and they never got punished the slightest.
    Or else Kabam should set and inform the community on the time line, a TOS violation is erased.
    Clear rules for all.

Ofcourse old times had different standards. These things are fluid and change according to what's happening in the community. I remember the time when kabam made a clear emphasis on account sharing , after that I don't think much of the sharing happened.
    It's like this everywhere not just mcoc . It is the standard process of running something . Not saying he didn't do anything wrong but he said he stopped in late 2015 , that's way before kabam tightened the leash on account sharing .
    Let me give you another example like there's a bg points farming thing going on rn , kabam doesn't have anything against it yet. And why won't someone alternate lose and win to get more points . If kabam says something tmr like it's against tos , do take action against anyone who does after that .
  • MDxMDx Member Posts: 96
    @Scottryan still haven't replied to this after starting this whole facade
    MDx said:

Scottryan said:

Pikolu said:

Scottryan said:

Scottryan said:

Okay , I'll ask you directly , what do you want to happen ? You're inclining somewhere , say it openly buddy .
  • tusharNairtusharNair Member Posts: 290 ★★
    Scottryan said:

Pikolu said:

Scottryan said:

Scottryan said:

Kabam even hired a known (past) ToS violator to do some of their videos and is a CCP member, that should answer your doubts
  • GinjabredMonstaGinjabredMonsta Member, Guardian Posts: 6,479 Guardian
    Just think of it like that FAZE kid who showed mods being used in Fortnite on YouTube just in a private lobby I think and Fortnite seeing it and permabanning him
  • ScottryanScottryan Member Posts: 475 ★★★
    MDx said:

MDx said:

Scottryan said:

Pikolu said:

Scottryan said:

Scottryan said:

Okay , I'll ask you directly , what do you want to happen ? You're inclining somewhere , say it openly buddy .
    Either I want kabam to say there will be no ban (because after a certain amount of time TOS violations can be ignored or whatever) or I'd like to see a 7 day ban.
  • ScottryanScottryan Member Posts: 475 ★★★
    Scottryan said:

MDx said:

MDx said:

Scottryan said:

Pikolu said:

Scottryan said:

Scottryan said:

Either I want kabam to say there will be no ban (because after a certain amount of time TOS violations can be ignored or whatever) or I'd like to see a 7 day ban.
    I think especially with the top 8 clean accounts getting flown out to Vancouver after next season of bgs, KT shouldn't be able to qualify for that after admiting to breaking TOS. I know people who won't be able to go because of getting banned for farming treasure island (an exploit that, despite being kabams fault, they banned players for using, something I've never seen any other game do) so I think a self admitted merc, no matter who it is, should have a ban on record so they can't qualify.

If he really is sorry he should more than welcome a ban, should he not? Do the crime do the time is the saying no?
  • startropicsstartropics Member Posts: 761 ★★★★

Scottryan said:

Pikolu said:

Scottryan said:

Scottryan said:

it was different then.

You should clarify that it was customary within the community, not with Kabam. They still banned people back then as well but back then, it was harder to catch them.

Kabam has NEVER approved of any of that behavior.
    Kabam never approved that behavior but it was so rampant and normalized that they had to turn a blind eye to it. Community practices were just different. Players sucked, skills were primitive, piloting was normal, and guides didn't really exist but much has changed since. Community practices need a long time to change, let's be happy that it did.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,500 ★★★★★
    People said the same thing about Account Sharing in general. "It's against the rules, but they won't do anything."
    Then they cried when people got banned for it.
    Implying that breaking the rules is acceptable, is dangerous. Now, I'm not getting into what said person did because I don't care. Although I have no tolerance for cheating. Still, implying it's overlooked and thus allowed is not helpful.
  • Doctorwho13Doctorwho13 Member Posts: 600 ★★★
    Just a question. I honestly don’t know the answer and don’t see it here. But, if all this occurred 7 years or so ago, do we know he was actually not given a 7 day ban?
  • startropicsstartropics Member Posts: 761 ★★★★
    Greekhit said:

Scottryan said:

Pikolu said:

Scottryan said:

Scottryan said:

it was different then.

Clear rules for all.

Yes, old times had different standards and you can't judge them using today's. If you want retroactive bans, you'd ban like what, 1/8th of accounts more than 5 years old? Even a good chunk of their CCP and even their own employees would get dinged.
  • HungaryHippoHungaryHippo Member Posts: 909 ★★★★
    Scottryan said:

MDx said:

MDx said:

Scottryan said:

Pikolu said:

Scottryan said:

Scottryan said:

LMAO for something 7 years ago. Ridiculous.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,376 Guardian

If we're being technical, let's say I Merc'd a bunch of accounts a few years ago at the peak of MCOC and made a lot of money, but my personal account hasn't been touched by anyone but me, can they really ban my account since it hasn't broken any rules?

You may not use anyone else’s Account at any time and you may not allow anyone else to use your Account at any time.
    TOS Section 10 Paragraph 5

Further, you agree not to (this list is not exhaustive and may be updated from time to time):

Make offers, advertisements or proposals for goods, services, or other commercial activities outside of Kabam;
    TOS Section 11

Accounts don't break rules, people do. Because people play somewhat anonymously most violations are traced to accounts not people, but in theory if they can trace merc activity to a person, and they can trace that person to a game account, they can ban that account even if no TOS violations were directly traced to that account. They have the legal right to simply discontinue service to any account, but they could also procedurally ban that account because the owner of that account was demonstrated to be in violation of the TOS.
  • MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Member Posts: 2,147 ★★★★
    What about all the players who've posted on here about their kid, wife or friend opening a crystal for them?

All the YouTubers doing that live on stream?

This is personally attacking one of the two of the top ten in BGs who are historical mercs and in game terms, this is ancient history.... When there are a LOT of people in glass houses.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Member Posts: 9,264 ★★★★★

That's frankly better behaviour than our last few prime ministers, so personally I think we should let it go.

In fairness that’s not the best comparison to make, seeing as it’s essentially around the sort of timeframe as my last 2 haircuts
  • TheLightBringerTheLightBringer Member Posts: 453 ★★★★
    KT as a content creator is one of the main reasons I'm still playing this game till now, also I can assure you that there's plenty of the current ccp members has already broke TOS around the same time back then bcz it was a common thing, not saying it was the right thing to do, but if you gonna ban KT then ban the rest of them as well, but we all know it ain't gonna happen
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,500 ★★★★★
    Actually it wasn't that common among Content Creators. Not that I know of anyway. There was one who was penalized.
    I'm not saying they need to go back and ban everyone. I just don't care for this idea that cheating is somehow more acceptable because a number of alleged people were doing it.
    Cheating is cheating. Some people may have changed, and I'm certainly not going on a witch hunt for the past, but I'm also not going to praise someone as some sort of martyr. You get no pat on the back for deciding to follow the rules in my book. It's what's expected, and it's what the rest of us do.
  • KingLotusKingLotus Member Posts: 80

BigBlueOx said:

The community has always been split on this. Everyone here treats emulator users, modders, hackers, botters and mercs like trash when they come and complain that their accounts were banned. We tell them that they got what they deserve and then if that person says they'll never do it again, we tell them too bad, so sad and to go away.

But KT1 gets a pass because not only is he a YouTuber, he par takes in the greatest bonding event there is, complaining about EVERYTHING, Kabam does. There isn't a single thing that will make most community members like someone better than bashing Kabam for every decision that was ever made, including bashing Miike and Jax about their shorts on a live stream.

It doesn't matter what KT1 did because he's a "champion for the people" even though he hasn't done a single thing for the game itself. But then there's someone like DNA3000 who actively helps the community but gets a fraction of the praise.

It's a weird dynamic.

Or because it happened 7 years ago and the rest of us have moved on. Merc’ing and inheriting an account that long ago is past the statute of limitations (IMO) if you’ve been clean since then.
    No. You don't like anyone who does it now, you shouldn't like it from back then either.
    What i can see from your posts is that you have something personal with KT1 and you wish him harm , but what I don’t like is that you come here with bad arguments and try to gather more people to follow your lost cause, yeah what he did 7 years ago stay’s there, because im sure you did something illegal at some point in your life and would be bad to come the police after all that time to get you :)) its same thing . Good luck
  • CoppinCoppin Member Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    The nerve on this guy 🤣

• Viper18Viper18 Member Posts: 66
    KingLotus said:

BigBlueOx said:

It's a weird dynamic.

What i can see from your posts is that you have something personal with KT1 and you wish him harm , but what I don’t like is that you come here with bad arguments and try to gather more people to follow your lost cause, yeah what he did 7 years ago stay’s there, because im sure you did something illegal at some point in your life and would be bad to come the police after all that time to get you :)) its same thing . Good luck
    Probably because KT has addressed the so called Forum White Knights in a video from a while back. Still salty about it i guess.
  • CorkscrewCorkscrew Member Posts: 539 ★★★
    Scottryan said:

DL864 said:

You'll be fine. What's your YouTube channel?

Oh its not actually me. I'm just asking for a friend
    Scottryan said:

With "friends" like this... who needs enemies?

Came he under the guise of "asking for a friend" to whom you're clearly not but have a vendetta. If you have to craft a story, can't see how you could claim good faith.

You want him to get at least a 7-day ban for an extremely old transgression, for which you can't even be sure he hasn't been punished for - seems rather petty.