Options

Question about tiered offers

Hey all, just wanted to ask, if we buy a tiered offer at the end of the July 4th deals, will the timer extend beyond the initial 1 week or would everything be wrapped up on the last day?

Comments

• Options
    SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,839 Guardian
    I’ve asked here too.
    Don’t think I’ve seen an answer yet.
  • Options
    Kabam JaxKabam Jax Posts: 1,638
    Hey Summoners,

I chatted with the game team and wanted to provide some clarity for you all!

If you purchase on of the tiered offers in the dying moments of the sale, your 48 hour timer will start and extend beyond the end time of the sale itself.

This also leads directly into something I've seen asked a few times - This is one of the reasons for the shorter timer. Because purchasing a tier extends the timer, having a longer timer, the length of the event as some proposed, would allow Summoners to stretch these tiered deals out over a ridiculous amount of time. The 48 hours allows reasonable, but not excessive, extended accessibility of the sale.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,755 Guardian

Kabam Jax said:

Hey Summoners,

If you purchase on of the tiered offers in the dying moments of the sale, your 48 hour timer will start and extend beyond the end time of the sale itself.

This also leads directly into something I've seen asked a few times - This is one of the reasons for the shorter timer. Because purchasing a tier extends the timer, having a longer timer, the length of the event as some proposed, would allow Summoners to stretch these tiered deals out over a ridiculous amount of time. The 48 hours allows reasonable, but not excessive, extended accessibility of the sale.

I’m not against the way anything was set up, but the reasoning here leaves me with a question. Why not just leave the offers active over the course of the week and that be the only timer? And the end of the day there’s really no reason to have the timer outside of the hope that maybe some summoners will panic buy more units before they expire. They could’ve just stayed up the whole week, players grab them at their own pace, and then they expire with the rest of the sale.
    I read and understood the time limit, and I got what I wanted and wasn’t upset when it expired. But saying the timer couldn’t be longer only because it would extend too far out tells me that the timer never needed to be there in the first place.
    My guess is that the game infrastructure more readily supports offers with a time limit, and it is trickier to implement a pop up offer with an expiration deadline. Whenever the devs make ad hoc changes to the engine logic to support things like that, there's always the possibility for glitches to do unexpected things (as in, it happens all the time). Unexpected behavior would be problematic for these kinds of offers specifically.
  • Options
    FrydayFryday Posts: 730 ★★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

Hey Summoners,

Oh no, we only find out about this now?

If this information was provided earlier it would of make a big different to decision making.
  • Options
    Dart1981Dart1981 Posts: 222 ★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Kabam Jax said:

Hey Summoners,

I’m not against the way anything was set up, but the reasoning here leaves me with a question. Why not just leave the offers active over the course of the week and that be the only timer? And the end of the day there’s really no reason to have the timer outside of the hope that maybe some summoners will panic buy more units before they expire. They could’ve just stayed up the whole week, players grab them at their own pace, and then they expire with the rest of the sale.
    I read and understood the time limit, and I got what I wanted and wasn’t upset when it expired. But saying the timer couldn’t be longer only because it would extend too far out tells me that the timer never needed to be there in the first place.
    My guess is that the game infrastructure more readily supports offers with a time limit, and it is trickier to implement a pop up offer with an expiration deadline. Whenever the devs make ad hoc changes to the engine logic to support things like that, there's always the possibility for glitches to do unexpected things (as in, it happens all the time). Unexpected behavior would be problematic for these kinds of offers specifically.
    Whilst I agree here somewhat, it's funny how there's no timers on the cash deals.......Once you buy one, you can have the whole week to cave in and buy more while free to play grinders are not allowed the time to work on their unit stash. I get that a pop up offer is different to the cash deals and probably programmed differently but for such a big event they should be planning and be able to achieve this early enough.
  • Options
    Kingcole1Kingcole1 Posts: 21
    Just another example kabam only cares about MONEY!!!! I thought the timer would remain the same after I got the first offer for 750 units to my surprise it changed to 48 hours which is ridiculous & misleading. It’s almost impossible to get 3k units in 48hrs without spending. Spamming money is GREAT. Spamming revives is bad. No consideration for people struggling in the real world. The whales get anything they want. Still can’t fix the input issues,bugs or the annoying blinking Wi-Fi icon which keeps popping up. Always got an excuse for everything that makes things harder for ftp players. Great job kabam. 🤷🏾‍♂️
  • Options
    gurusquadgurusquad Posts: 9
    Kabam is still not being clear about this.

This is one of the reasons for the shorter timer. Because purchasing a tier extends the timer, having a longer timer, the length of the event as some proposed, would allow Summoners to stretch these tiered deals out over a ridiculous amount of time.
    - Are you saying that allowing summoners to have more than 48 hours to purchase these deals is ridiculous? Why do we have unit deals for a week then? why don't they have a timer as well?
    - Tell us why you couldn't just leave the timer to a full week like previous year?
    - You decided to place a timer of 48 hours and complaining that it would have gone over 7 days of intended purchase time. why not just remove 48 hours timer and end the event after a week like always?

We deserve better explanation than this Kabam.
  • Options
    TerminatrixTerminatrix Posts: 1,345 ★★★★
    edited July 2023
    Kabam Jax said:

Hey Summoners,

We get it. They had 48hr timers. But what Kabam is not understanding is that there is no justification for this. There should not have been tiered timers period. Those offers should have been in the store and available until July 7 like everything else with no 48 hr. timers.