**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Which champions can tank SP3’s?

2»

Comments

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,254 ★★★★★
    Phoenix.
  • Options
    GrandOldKaiGrandOldKai Posts: 785 ★★★★
    edited July 2023
    Awakened Hela?

Apparently, Galan has a synergy with Thanos that gives Thanos Indestructible if he would be knocked out for the first time

I believe Thing has a similar synergy with The Champion
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,375 ★★★★★
    Cassy said:

Just tested. Thor rags makes the hulks Take one sp3 as long as u are above 20% health.

So Immortal Hulk with Thor rags and heimdal is hard to kill

Some years back, I used 4* Classic Hulk + Rags + Heimdall to survive an SP3 from the Collector, which was supposed to be impossible.

I presume because there were two Immortalities, and Collector's SP3 only removed one.

They fixed it subsequently (Changelog in 2019)
  • Options
    The1_NuclearOnionThe1_NuclearOnion Posts: 907 ★★★
    Awakened nick fury, of course.
    Awakened red magneto (higher sig the better)
    Awakened mephisto with at least one soul charge
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    I don't feel like Gwenpool and similar options are a real answer. Losing almost all health but not dying isn't really tanking an sp3
  • Options
    Jack2634Jack2634 Posts: 743 ★★★
    about ignoring , ghost , kitty , herc sp3 , titania , killmonger ....
    about tanking them like a chad and walking out like Senior Armstrong, colossus , rintrah , hulkling , nimgod , iceman , etc...
    i know there are still a few more , but here are some champs that appeared in my head instantly
  • Options
    DemonicStalkerDemonicStalker Posts: 303 ★★
    Heimdall's solo synergy for rest of the questing team
    Hercules - after sp3
    BWCV - after sp3
    Titania
    Nick Fury
    Kitty Pryde - when phasing
    Ghost (with hood syn) - when phasing
    Iceman - ice armor active
    Hulking, luke cage - when indestructible buff is active of course
    Thing - after using heavy
    KM - after sp2
    CM (movie) - after 20 charges
    Phoenix - when awakened
    Kingpin (charge heavy to increase physical resistance)
    Symbiote supreme (tank up to 15% maxed damage on null's shadow)

Champs when they have many armor up buffs - colossus, civil warrior, nimrod, red skull
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ★★★★

I don't feel like Gwenpool and similar options are a real answer. Losing almost all health but not dying isn't really tanking an sp3

It can be. If you're running Willpower in a debuff heavy fight, all it takes is surviving to get back to a safe enough point to parry and take blocked hits. Even if you can't regen at all, a 1% clutch feels even better than a full yellow bar.
  • Options
    Caleb1705Caleb1705 Posts: 244 ★★
    Invisible woman with her forcefield charges is tanky as all heck
  • Options
    HSS75HSS75 Posts: 1,138 ★★★
    Thing with max sig
    Captain marvel movie with max sig
  • Options
    KDoggg2017KDoggg2017 Posts: 1,210 ★★★★
    Omega Sentinel with 10 armors laughs at pain.
  • Options
    Real_Madrid_76_2Real_Madrid_76_2 Posts: 3,325 ★★★★★
    Ihulk, hela, kitty, ghost with hood, KM, iceman, herc with indestructible, MF, yondu. The ones I could think of
  • Options
    CeeLohsCeeLohs Posts: 55
    Killmonger - after SP2 (indestructible)
    Iceman - (Ice Armor active)
    Kingpin - 1/2 Degen Debuffs on opponent(SP1)
    Kitty Pryde - While Phased no DMG
    Hercules - After SP3 (indestructible)
    Luke Cage - Indestructible active
    Gwenpool - Awakened, can take multiple SP3 (as long as they don’t cause a damaging debuff)

• Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,375 ★★★★★
    (Awakened) Yondu got mentioned a couple above, but is easy to overlook. If you've got a handful of bleeds or other debuffs on the opponent, and/or some Armour buffs, you can withstand multiple SP3s.

I don't think anyone has mentioned Mysterio yet, but he can do this with genuine panache. Sadly I lost the video I made of this, but I used Mysterio repeatedly on a +200% Power Gain path in one of the Variants (probably the Tech or Villain variants). Dr Strange was a particular pain point, as he would get to his SP3 every nine seconds.

With a 5/65 Mysterio (and running two points in Recovery Mastery just because I could) I just attacked endlessly, spamming SP1s. Tank the SP3... Watch Strange take the damage... Tank the SP3... Watch Strange take the Damage...

Finished on 100% health, with Recovery Mastery even making up the chip damage 😉
  • Options
    Gainsley_HarriottGainsley_Harriott Posts: 255 ★★

(Awakened) Yondu got mentioned a couple above, but is easy to overlook. If you've got a handful of bleeds or other debuffs on the opponent, and/or some Armour buffs, you can withstand multiple SP3s.

I don't think anyone has mentioned Mysterio yet, but he can do this with genuine panache. Sadly I lost the video I made of this, but I used Mysterio repeatedly on a +200% Power Gain path in one of the Variants (probably the Tech or Villain variants). Dr Strange was a particular pain point, as he would get to his SP3 every nine seconds.

With a 5/65 Mysterio (and running two points in Recovery Mastery just because I could) I just attacked endlessly, spamming SP1s. Tank the SP3... Watch Strange take the damage... Tank the SP3... Watch Strange take the Damage...

That sounds cool, what does Mysterio have in his kit that allows him to tank SP3’s?
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

That sounds cool, what does Mysterio have in his kit that allows him to tank SP3’s?
    As long as he doesn't die, any damage taken from hits for x seconds after an sp1 is regened and refkected
  • Options
    AriSentMeAriSentMe Posts: 6
    Surprised nobody mentioned nimrod.
  • Options
    Venompool with Iceman Synergy gives him Ice Armor as well,
    Korg with Rock Armor
  • Options
    KaruseusKaruseus Posts: 528 ★★
    Awakened Sentry not in his unyielding fortitude and not having any debuff on him can tank sp3 that doesn’t apply any debuffs.
    Very situational, but it works, as I tested this against hyperion sp3

It was kinda funny to see sentry’s health drop to 0, only to fully recover back his lost health after sp3 ended
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ★★★★
    Kindred
  • Options
    World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,573 ★★★★★
    Mordo and Dormmamu have this dark empowerment synergy that gives non-robot villains (such as Mordo and Dormmamu) a percentage to not get KOd & they get revived with 10% health.

• Options
    FantomaxopFantomaxop Posts: 127 ★★
    Mr. Fantastic is not the best to tank sp 3's from get go, but he can interesting trick:
    with Heimdall synergy you can guaranteed survive first sp3 and if you let opponent cast another in a row you will inflict passive cross-fight that will reduce attack rating during sp3 by 75% for all champions who enter that fight.
    You sacrifice Reed to give some safe room for others. Don't even need high rarity/ranked up reed.
  • Options
    CassyCassy Posts: 1,071 ★★★
    Kindred joins this Club now.
  • Options
    ThePredator1001ThePredator1001 Posts: 653 ★★★
    Cassie Lang’s 90% damage reduction applies to sp3 so she takes very little damage
  • Options
    GuytennisGuytennis Posts: 420 ★★★

Sentry I'm pretty sure, however he's ass so it don't matter 😂

If the opponent’s sp3 applies a debuff or if sentry has a debuff prior to the sp3 he can’t tank it. Of course this information doesn’t matter because no one uses him. 🤣
  • Options
    MegaSkater67MegaSkater67 Posts: 1,377 ★★★★
    Anti venom is very good for that. Bit of an unusual one but he’s super tanky. It works best at high sig, anything that doesn’t crit can be healed back to a fairly decent extent. This includes SP3 attacks as long as you survive the impact. There have been many situations where I’ve taken a SP3 to the face, been knocked down to 20% health or less and then healed myself back up to 60-70% health again, sometimes even higher depending on circumstances. It’s not the most ideal option but it’s super super useful when it’s needed. Sometimes you can take multiple SP3s in one fight and still win thanks to how strong his regen is.